Closed Thread
Page 42 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - just a really quick one as I am on my phone..

Gemini - yay for 13 weeks! And yay for your mat leave!!

Salgan - have you put your name down for childcare yet? Can't remember where you are, but a friend of mine put her name down at the centre near her work when she was 6 weeks preg and didn't get in unti

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - just a quick on from me as I am on my phone

Gemini - yay for 13 weeks and yay for mat leave!

Salgan - yeah nearly all of the Mums in our play group only went back 2 or 3 days once the babies turned 1.have you put your name down for childcare? A friend of mine did when she was 6 weeks pregnant and didn't get in until her son was 1!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Salgan - I will probably start buying things a little earlier than that maybe after the 18-20 week scan. Like the others said I dont wanna be without certain things when the time comes and if bub decides to come early.

Kseds - I'm 11 weeks today and I can't wait to find out the gender, it's a suprise either way really

Yay 11 weeks today although going a little insane waitin for scan on 9th feb, seems so long away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Salgan - it's probably a really good idea to buy thing when they are on sale. Target has their baby bumper sale on now. We bought the bassinet on sale for half price and got the cot for half price too from Babies r us. It's silly to pay full price if you don't need it before it goes on Sale. I wouldn't worry about buying too much - just make sure you have a look around so that you can decide what to get rather than buying something and then not being happy with it. But make sure you keep all your receipts. I had a box with all baby related receipts and warranty's. It was really good when I found out I was having a girl, only to be told 2 days later it was a boy.

Kseds - I don't want to find out this time. My Mum & DH really do, but seeing it's my body - I get to make the decisions! I'm not sure if I will be able to stay strong in finding out, but I'll try. My friend didn't find out because her DH said "you don't get many surprises in life" and I think that's really true. It would be exciting to get a surprise after all the hard work of labour... Like I said, I'll see how long I last!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2Angus For This Useful Post:

Salgan  (25-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kseds View Post
    On another note - I know it's a bit early yet - but has anyone thought about whether they are going to find out the gender or not at the 19 week scan??

DH and I are currently debating this one...... we found out for #1..... not sure what we want to do this time around.....

(although it's only 9 weeks today and we haven't even made it to the NT scan yet.....but still, you get talking about these things....)
    We talked about this on the weekend too. DH does not want to find out, but he said he'd let me choose. So I suggested that we find out with this one as I HATE SURPRISES of any kind, and then if we're lucky enough to get a #2 we won't find out [but I'll prob figure out a way to find out by then....]

I'm of the thinking that nothing we do / say or buy is going to jinx things - so shop away I reckon!!

Gem - I hope the 3 weeks goes by quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Due in July
    11 - Jools
    13 - Claire
    18 - Salgan
    19 or 23 - Belinda
    25 - Mum2Angus
    31 - Gemini85

Due in August
    4 - DJSHEARS
    5 - chicparis
    6 - Gracefilled - TWINS!
    14 - Klong
    15 - HamptonK
    16 - BecKaLee
    18 - 41 Hope
    21 - Misscarlya
    22 - Littleve
    22 - Bebehvala
    29 - Angenrod
    29 - Kseds
    29 - holdingmybreath
    31- smootch

Due in September
    3 - Angelsnathan
    18 - babystepswa
    ? - Grace2012 - TWINS

Scans and Appointments
    Gracefilled - NT Scan - 25 Jan
    Klong - OB Appt - 31 Jan
    Hamptonk - NT Scan - 9 Feb
    bebehvala - NT Scan - 10 Feb
    Geminii - Amnio - ?15? Feb
    Kseds - NT Scan - 16 Feb
    bebehvala - NT Scan results - 19 Feb
    babystepswa - Scan - 23 Feb
    Geminii - Morph Scan - 15 Mar

Guys it's been so long since i updated this - please do forgive me if anything is missing or incorrect!
    Last edited by bebehvala; 25-01-2012 at 19:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! That is a really good idea about buying things at sales. I should really start looking. I think I will get serious after our 18-20 week scan. I do not want to be without a pram because I left it to the last minute.

I am open to the idea of going back to work 2-3 days after 6 months but I guess I don't know how I will feel about it until I have the baby. I work in construction with a bunch of men and don't know how flexible they will be with a mother so I might look for some contract work. At the moment my boss doesn't seem to understand that my ob appointments are important and tries to make me feel guilty when I take time off. He also told me they should be annual leave.

Mum2Angus - I didn't even think about childcare. I can't believe people book that far in advance!!! My work owns a childcare centre so I might get them to put my name down as soon as I put in my maternity leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys,
    I am 14 wks and we still can't decide if we will find out the sex. I have a 8 yr old and 10 yr old stepkids and they are super keen to find out - I think it will come down to how strong we all are on the day - so I'm thinking we will end up finding out!!!

Would someone please mind adding me on to the role call? Due 22nd July :-) Thank you!!

38 degrees for us here in WA today - we have the next week of 39 and 40 and even a 42 chucked in there!! Blah...

Me: 33 DP: 42 DSD: 10 DSS: 8
    #1 IVF 14 wks

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Salgan - yeah you need to put your name down as soon as possible, especially if it's the centre owned by your work. All the employees will want to send their kids there and make sure you ring up every few months or they sometimes take your name off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Samarasmum - I'm so gutted for you lovely - such sad news - enjoy your break of being able to eat & drink what you like, have a few saunas & we'll see you back soon on the BFP list.....

Bebehvala - I've been monitoring my BG since I started back in the pred & progest & knew my control was not good. As soon as I saw my OB he put me back on insulin @ night, then my endocrinologist put me back on insulin during the day - now I just have to remember to take it!

We didn't start buying until late in preg last time, and def not until after our morphology scan. This time I think I need to be more organised as I'll be less mobile earlier on.

We found out the sex with DD & I will find out again this time. I have no need for surprises with two coming & need to plan ahead a bit.

we had our NT scan yesterday & everything looks great. Both Bubs scanning sl bigger than due date (eek), good HBs and my risk of downs is as low as possible based on the scan only. As there are twins we can't use bloods, and given my age we started off with a high risk.

So I guess we start telling people now - feels a bit weird after being secretive about it for so long. 13 weeks tomorrow - now if only that glorious period of feeling great of 2nd trimester would kick in.... Actually I'd just take no more vomiting :-))))