Closed Thread
Page 35 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay, bubhub is working again!

I rang the ob today to book in the amnio. Just waiting for the call back with the date. I know it's such a small risk, but I really wanna be sure. Like we have all said before though, when do we get to enjoy this. Do I wait til the amnio results before I tell everyone?? Cause I'll be 16 weeks before then. I don't know if I can wait that long?? I'm confused? Everything else looked perfect though so should I just enjoy it and tell everyone?

I've watched my DVD of the scan a million times. It's so amazing. Never thought I'd get to see this to tell you the truth. I'm kinda freakin out that there's a baby in me haha.

Be back soon to do personals. I've gotta charge my phone battery.

Much love to everyone xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know Gem, I was lost without BH. Wonder what was wrong...

I'm so sorry to hear your NT did not go so great. I think I was typing up my message as you posted.

If it were me, I'd tell the important people - maybe not everyone.

I have known so many people who have a high risk, did the other test and then it was all okay - including one of my friends who gave birth last week to a gorgeous healthy baby,

I was talking to a mate yesterday, and she said you NEVER get to enjoy being PG. She said you're always scared about something - and then she went on to tell me that when they're born, you're still scared. I was laughing on the phone to her, saying thanks for the words of wisdom - she was like 'suffer!, it's a part of being a Mum'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Due in July
    11 - Jools
    13 - Claire
    18 - Salgan
    19 or 23 - Belinda
    25 - Mum2Angus
    31 - Gemini85

Due in August
    4 - DJSHEARS
    5 - chicparis
    6 - Gracefilled - TWINS!
    14 - Klong
    15 - HamptonK
    16 - BecKaLee
    18 - 41 Hope
    21 - Misscarlya
    22 - Littleve
    22 - Bebehvala
    29 - Angenrod
    29 - Kseds
    29 - holdingmybreath
    31- smootch

Due in September
    3 - Angelsnathan18 - babystepswa

Scans and Appointments
    Gracefilled - OB Appt - 20 Jan
    Samarasmum - Scan - 23 Jan
    Misscarlya - OB Appt -23 Jan
    Gracefilled - NT Scan - 25 Jan
    Klong - OB Appt - 31 Jan
    Hamptonk - NT Scan - 9 Feb
    bebehvala - NT Scan - 10 Feb
    Kseds - NT Scan - 16 Feb
    bebehvala - NT Scan results - 19 Feb
    babystepswa - Scan - 23 Feb
    laned - Scan - 23 Feb
    Geminii - Morph Scan - 15 Mar
    Last edited by bebehvala; 20-01-2012 at 16:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gemini I'm glad that the rest of the scan went great, that's awesome news. I would probably be telling everyone now but just not telling them
    About the amino test really. Question for you did you have to ask for a DVD of the scan or take a DVD with you, or was it just a normal part of it that thy give you that??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha@bebehvala - I was told the exact same thing by my mother when I was pg with DS - I asked her when I was going to get to be able to relax and enjoy it.

And she pretty much said....if you worry about all the things that could go wrong, then you don't ever. You spend the whole pregnancy hoping they'll be born healthy and strong, and then worry about them for the rest of their life. It's called "being a mother".

So with that in mind, it's worth just remembering that you should just enjoy the experience anyway, and treasure it, no matter what happens or despite the fact that you know in the back of your mind that a thousand things could go wrong...

I'm trying to do that now with my 2nd pregnancy, and already it makes a huge difference!!! To be able to bring myself to even look at toys and outfits and discuss names with DH etc - I didn't buy a SINGLE THING or discuss names for DS until I was about 24 weeks last time because I was so scared of "jinxing it".
    It's much more fun this time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kseds For This Useful Post:

bebehvala  (20-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bebe - I can imagine I will always be worrying haha. I just saw your new roll call, I didn't know you had the NT scan too? Glad you got to see bubs again yesterday. It's so exciting hey.

Smootch - glad to hear everything is still ok. Hope bubs is hanging in there. Just take it easy.

Hampton - i didn't ask for the DVD. Must just be what they do. Which is surprising cause he usually gives me the crappiest print outs lol. The 4D parts were amazing though. Could see it rubbing it's face with its hands lol. It's so funny to see how big their heads are though.

Kseds - how you doing chick? That's good that you're enjoying this pregnancy more. Must be a relief hey. I figure I'm gonna enjoy it. I reckon my bad results come from being an ex smoker and having placenta issues rather than the downs risk. Which is what he said it could be. So I'm honna start shopping for the nursery. I'm sick of waiting for something bad to happen.

I might just start telling family, and not tell work til after the amnio. Mind you, I'm getting so fat, it's gonna be hard to hide.

Anyone else got a baby bump yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh I have my morph scan on the 15th of march. That seems like ages away lol. Still waiting for a date for the amnio! Grrr. I bet they forgot about me haha.

Edit that - amnio on the 16th feb. not too long to wait I guess. I'll be 16 weeks then.
    Last edited by Gemini85; 20-01-2012 at 14:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooops I forgot to change the Month from Jan to Feb. I WISH I had my NT scan.

I added your scan dets in

Short and sweet because I sent this from my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bebe - you're a legend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    bebehvala - i'm with you. You are due the day after me! I can't wait for the NT scan. Reading what you are all saying is just making me so excited.

I have another scan with my FS on monday morning and i will be 10 weeks! i can't wait! I also have my first OB appointment on Monday afternoon which i am nervous about.

Gemini - fingers crossed your results come back ok! probably a good idea just telling friends and family and keeping work until after you get the results!

Smootch - Fingers crossed everything is okay with your little bub!

AFM - i am still not really having any MS. All i have noticed is the appitite increase, the tiredness and headaches. I am trying to stay more positive and only think positive thoughts. Counting down the days until i get the see the baby again.

hope everyone is having a great day and planning a nice relaxing weekend!

Carly