Closed Thread
Page 33 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks bebe - I hope you get something to help with your MS. I only had a little bit of it and that was bad enough. Wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I hope I get some good photos, but my ob is very quick with his scans. As in 5 seconds, there's your baby, alive and growing, now get out lol. So I hope he's a bit nicer with this scan. At least it will take longer to get the measurements so I'll be able to look at it for longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angelanathan, Gemini85 & Zultbear - Good luck with your scans tomorrow ladies.

Smootch - Let us know how things go. Thinking of you and praying everything is gonna be ok.

HamptonK - So cute seeing legs and arms and something that actually resembles a baby.

AFM - 10 weeks 1 day today so still got 9 weeks until my next scan! I am going to ask the OB on the 31st if this is normal because having a scan at 6 weeks and then having to wait until 19 weeks seems a bit crazy to me.

Hi to everyone else, hope things are going smoothly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smootch - it must be a bit scary - I really hope you're ok and everything is ok. Please let us know how you go.

Misscarlya - enjoy your first OB appt!! The first appt is usually pretty run-of-the-mill...every OB is different, but they usually like to get your full medical history (both gyn and general), do height and weight measurements, do a scan, check blood pressure and heart & lungs, etc etc. If you have any scans/pics/etc from your FS it's a good idea to take those along, too. Oh, and they will usually ask (if applicable) which hospital you want to go to. They will also give you forms and instructions for your pregnancy blood tests (most OBs like to do a full work-up - check for HIV, rubella immunity, and a whole bunch of other stuff; usually around 10 weeks or so....) And also instructions for your 12 week NT scan. I think that's about it, pretty much...

Good luck angelanathan on your scan tomorrow - you get to hear both babies' little HBs

Good luck Gemini and zultbear for your scans tomorrow - the *magic* 12 week mark - how exciting!!!

I know what you mean about the "when do we get to relax" question....when I was pg with DS, I was so terrified of jinxing it that I didn't buy a single baby thing - literally nothing at all - until I was about 24 weeks...!!! I think that was the point I stopped freaking out so much. I get it ;-)

AFM: nothing new to update - at 8 wks today, and MS seems to be getting stronger.... had a few close calls in a taxi and on a plane today.... *blerrgh* Deep breathing got me through those.... Other than that, counting down the days til my NT scan (only 28 left to go....ARRRGGGHHH sounds like forever)

At least I have a new promotion at work to keep myself busy with; starting in about 2 weeks. Hmm.....I almost feel bad/guilty that I applied for it knowing in all likelihood I will be on Mat leave again in about 6 months.... but signed on the dotted line today, so at least that's all stitched up....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by klong View Post

AFM - 10 weeks 1 day today so still got 9 weeks until my next scan! I am going to ask the OB on the 31st if this is normal because having a scan at 6 weeks and then having to wait until 19 weeks seems a bit crazy to me. .

You're right; that DOES sound a bit odd - surely you should be having a NT scan @ 12-13 weeks????

Usually if you go public, the next scan is at 19/20 weeks.... if you go private, your OB usually scans every time you visit (for about 30 seconds, but they still do it...) - but I'm not sure, I've only ever seen 2....

I would def ask!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smooch - I hope everything is ok with you,

Gemini and Zultbear - Can't wait to hear all about your scans tomorrow.

You too Angelanathan, I hope you see 2 strong heartbeats at your scan.

Klong - Yeah, it does seem a little odd to have such a gap in scans. You should ask about the NT scan at 12 weeks.

Kseds - Sorry MS is being so horrible to you, but yay on the promotion!!

Bebevahla - I hope you get something to deal with your bad MS, and you feel better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Klong – are you going private? I know a lot of public hospitals don’t bother with the 12 week scan. Its generally only private obs that recommend the NT scan. Theres no reason you cant ask for it though, if you want it?

Kseds – congrats on the promotion. Sorry about the MS. Hope it eases for you soon.

Chicparis – hows everything going with you?

Smootch – haven’t heard from you yet but I hope everything is going ok. We are all thinking of you

Angela – goodluck with your scan today too. Hope twin b is doing fantastic.

AFM – well im packin my pants about my scan today. I'm not even worried about the NT results so much, I just want to know its still doing ok. I'm terrified there wont be anything there. Stupid I know, cause 2 weeks ago it was fine, but I cant help but worry.

I'm getting some weird twinges and pains in there, so hopefully its just growing. And I get these weird gas bubbles going on in there. I'm sure hubby loves the fact that I’m gassier than usual lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    gemini, I get those twinges too. Im sure everything will be ok.

chicparis, how are you getting along

kseds - great news on the promo

AFM - having issues here at work, saying that im not my cheerful self, well maybe cause i feel sick all the damn time. GEEZ

thinking of leaving, will decide on the weekend.
    Got scan booked for 3.30pm
    had to take off early from work as I normally finish at 4pm,someone at work didn't like it.
    Well tough **** cause im going to another endo appt at the hospital next week. HAHA get used to it.

Need to stop stressing over this baby situation.
    I know it will be all ok.

Will update tonight later tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one - is it just me, or does anyone else out there feel like they're always starving??? I just want to eat myself stupid, I don't know what it is....

It wasn't like this last time, and for sure the Prednisolone doesn't help (one of the joyful side effects is that it stimulates appetite...)....I'm trying really hard to be careful about my diet and make sure I don't put on a ridiculous amount of weight but this insatiable need to eat at the moment is driving me CRAZY

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smooch - I hope you and the belly bean are alright and hope that your bleeding and cramping has settled.

Zult - have been thinking of you today and hope all is well.

Gemini - All the best for your scan.

Angela - I hope everything is fine with twin b.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How'd you go Zult?