Closed Thread
Page 30 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Eeek, I have my NT scan in 2 days! I'm so nervous. I dont feel very pregnant at the moment, so I'm worrying about that a bit. I wish I had my own ultrasound machine and doppler at home. I would feel sooooo much better if I could have daily (or hourly) scans lol

Hope everyone else is doing well

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini85 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Zultbear! i'm glad i am not the only one dealing with "leakage". Liners it is for another 2 and a half weeks. I guess i'm lucky now. I was on 4 pesseries a day.

Gemini85 - i wish i had a doppler as well. i think i would have it strapped to my tummy all day and walk around with headphones in. Wouldn't that be nice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So excited right now, we just saw our fs for the last time he has signed us off. The exciting part was he did a scan, I am 10 weeks tomorrow. We saw little arms and legs and a head and it was moving around and waving, I am in love it was the most gorgeous thing ever. I feel a little more relieved.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HamptonK For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies

Gemini85 - FX for your NT scan. Where are you having it done?

Hampton - That's so exciting. They start to look like babies and not just blobs .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zult - The Ob I'm going through actually does them himself. He has the big fancy ultrasound machines in his office. Its so good, cause usually we have to go to NT Imaging (the only place in Darwin lol).

He does the 3D ones too, so Im looking forward to getting one of those done later on.

How are you doing hun?

Yay for seeing your little baby Hampton. Its so exciting hey.

Carly - haha, I'm so gonna do that now. That would be so awesome. Lol at the leakage - its gross hey. I remember being on those, it was a constant leak. Feels like you have peed your pants. You dont have long left on them though so thats good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gemini - I'm kind of keeping a low profie ATM. Not 100% sure our Thursday scan will be what we hope for. I have NO pregnancy symptoms now. And from my previous 4 pregnancies I've had MS to some degree. So having nothing now has me scared shytless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Agenrod - I'm sorry, I've never even heard of that before...I'm not much help either!! But, much like everyone else, I am truly hoping for a positive outcome. You just never know....???

Belinda - again, don't know where you're located, but I'd definitely get onto the OB thing straight away. We were moving to Sydney and I had to find an OB over there...I was only 7.5 weeks pg then - I rang about 15 OBs before I finally got into one (turns out he was available cos he was sooooo freaking expensive!!!! Awesome OB though, would highly recommend him all the same....). I've heard from some of my friends there that some people ring and book into their chosen OBs pretty much the day they ovulate (before they even get a BFP on a HPT) if they are actively trying, and then cancel if AF arrives.... tough market, huh???

Hampton K - it's a wonderful sight isn't it...?? Hopefully you might be starting to relax a little bit now about the whole thing and just enjoy the start of turning into a fat waddly pregnant lady, just like all the ones that get there "naturally". As was said to me...."Wishing you a boring pregnancy"..!!!

Gemini - I know what you mean. I am in the same boat myself (although have a MUCH longer wait now...lol). I'm sure everything will be fine and you will go home with lots of beautiful pictures (ps - you MUST post one!!!)

laned - welcome!! I wouldn't worry too much about the HB - but I agree with a few of the others, unless there is a good reason too, FSs really shouldn't schedule HB/viability scans until after the 7 week mark when there isn't such a grey area. I had one when I was 6w1d pg with DS - but only because they were worried (something to do with hcg and Prog levels) that it might have been ectopic. I am at the same FS for #2, and they didn't scan me until 7w3d this time.... Anyway, long story short, for you, but I'm sure it's fine....!!!

AFM - Had the HB scan done at my FS and happened to have my 1st OB appt the next day (he didn't bother re-scanning...how much can change in a day, right???)... So the next one will be my NT scan on 16th February. It just feels like sooooooo long until then, and it's hard to relax when you have no idea what is going on between now and then. Your mind starts getting a little, well, imaginative...

Still, having the impulse to throw up whilst doing the grocery shopping today seems enough reassurance that everything is still ok and "there". (Haven't had much ms - usually only mildly first thing in the morning and a bit stronger when i go to bed at night....this middle-of-the-day thing is a bit new....!)

Especially also because when my fs reviewed my scans from last week, she mentioned that there was a note from the sonographer saying that there was evidence of a bit of bleeding next to the gestational sac. She said if I'm not spotting or bleeding (or even if I was) there's probably nothing to worry about - apparently it is usually the remnants of an internal "implantation bleed".

Still, I think I spent about 4 hours googling it after I got off the phone, just to feel reassured....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kseds For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I can understand the hesitation, but Im sure everything will be fine. You might just be lucky this time and get away with no MS. Wouldnt that be nice lol.

We will both be posting excellent news on Thursday then!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini85 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha Kseds - we are hopeless with the googling hey. And everything we google always mentions the worse. You think we would have learnt by now. DH always tells me off for it. I dont know how you can wait that long for another scan haha. Im way too impatient. I have had one every 3 weeks and thats hard enough.

Hope the MS subsides soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one from me as I am on my phone.

Zultbear - I really don't think you should worry at all about no MS. I had no symptoms at all with DS and he was a very healthy pregnancy and baby. Also, this time I've only had some hangover type sickness (no vomiting).

I was speaking to one of the Mums at our play group who is 17 weeks pregnant with #2. She said with #1 she wouldn't have known she was pregnant if she didn't have an ultrasounds. I was the same too as I didn't put any weight on until 6 months and then I put 20kgs on in 4 months!

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and I really hope my tiredness goes away soon! It's so hard, especially with an active toddler and no family around to look after him. He goes to daycare on Friday, but the midwife is coming for the first appt and seeing I need to clean the house, I also thought I'd invite play group over and pick DS up early.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2Angus For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (17-01-2012)