Closed Thread
Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies I was not willing to post in here until today. I have met some of you along the way in other ivf threads

I got my bfp about 2 and a half weeks ago on hpt's. I think I have done about 25 now just to keep confirming it is real. We have been ttc for 3 and a half years. This was our 4th ivf attempt since August. We had two transferred this time and we werent sure until this morning if it was one or two in there but we finally know we have one bubsicle on board

Had my first scan this morning with my fs. I am 6wks1d we saw the tiny little heart beat flickering it was wonderful. I am due 15th of August we are so excited but still cautious at the same time

Its nice to have ladies to chat to who are going through the exact same thing

Is anyone else in Brisbane? If so do you know which OB you are going to? I need to pick one, I will be going under private health insurance I go to see my gp on Tuesday to get a referral now, I'm very excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi HamptonK - massive congrats to you, perfect Christmas present!!!

Welcome to the group - I have only just joined myself but have found it so helpful to read that everyone goes through the same feelings that I am - mainly worrying about pretty much everything!!!

Me: 33 DP: 42 DSD: 10 DSS: 8
    #1 IVF 9 wks 19th Dec

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi HamptonK and big congratulations to you! It's so good that you finally got your bfp.

I'm not in Brisbane now, but was when DS was born. It depends which hospital you go through. I looked at the Wesley and Northwest Private and decided to go through NWP. I didn't book in until 10 weeks and that was way too late - so make sure you do it ASAP. The hospital gave me a list of their OBs and of the 10 who practiced there, only 2 weren't booked out. I really wasn't happy with the one I got, so maybe it would be good to book in with two - just in case?

I'm not going Pricate this time after the changes to the Medicare safety net not covering OB fees. This time I decided to go through the Birthing centre. That was what I wanted last time, but knowing what I know now ( I had a difficult birth with DS) I'm not so sure. I don't mean to scare anyone, it's just that I'd read lots of easy birth stories and went in a bit too optimistic!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Christmas and manages to avoid all alcohol in the pudding and trifle, the ham, and all the soft cheeses. My Mum gets annoyed with my sister who is a vegetarian and won't eat a lot of things. Now I'm the same when it comes to food!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I've also been really cautious to join up because of my crappy history but had my scan on Thursday 22nd and had good news from a scan for the first time ever. Bub measured 5mm and had a heart beat of 120bpm. I literally held my breath until the lady doing the scan said "and there's your baby"!

I was such a wuss and burst into tears but it was such a relief to hear those words. If I hadn't have been in such a compromising position I would've done a happy dance!!

Hope you're all progressing well? I've been feeling pretty sick for the past week but only when I get hungry which is every couple of hours. When I eat I seem to feel fine but as soon as the hunger pains come in I get ill! Also have (.)(.) that feel as if they may explode off my chest but to be honest I am happy to put up with all of these things just to know my little bub is growing big and strong.

Hope you all have an amazing Christmas. Can't wait to tell my family tomorrow at lunch because we kept the whole thing a secret from them so they'll be totally shocked. I figured after the first IVF cycle failed I didn't want to go through having to tell everyone it hadn't worked again and now I'm so glad we kept it quiet so we have some good news at long last to share instead of bad. DH also got offered a really good job yesterday so I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world right now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Very nervous about posting on here as I only got my bloods back today.
    I am having a scan on the 12th jan so hoping to pick up heartbeat.
    I am only 4 weeks .Eeeek
    Anyone remember having any symptoms?
    I think some days I do and others I feel great.

This was my first FET as well, 2 blastys transferred on the 14th so a early bfp.
    I think there is only 1 on board though.

Due date is 31st August, think it will all become real when I have my scan.
    So the dredded 2 week wait begins again, how cruel.

Good luck ladies, think im the only one at the end of august, hoping more ladies can join.

Angela

Thanks
    Reviews
    Merry Christmas ladies xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, mind if I join in?

(This is my first ever post on one of these blogs, so sorry if I don't get all the lingo right)

Hubby and I tested BFP on Fri 23rd Nov, and I think I'm due on 22nd August - My FS is on holidays, so don't get to see him for another 2 weeks, and I don't think it will all be real until we do that first scan.

I'm so totally delighted we're going to have a baby! This was actually our first go at IVF (although first cycle cancelled due to hyperstim risk), so am feeling very very blessed

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Littleve congrats on your bfp on your first go, you are very lucky indeed welcome to the thread

I hope everyone had a good christmas.

Things are feeling a little more real now. I got my referral from the gp today for my OB unfortunately they are closed for the public holiday it would seem. But I'm still excited.

Feeling totally exhausted all the time and a little nauseous when hungry. Otherwise not much else except i have been turned off one of my favorite foods, chicken, just typing that out makes me feel a little sick.
    Looking forward to the new year now

I hope you are all doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I'm very nervous about joining you all so early. I also just got my BFP on 24th Dec. The best ever Chrissy present. I have my scan on the 16th Jan to check for heartbeat and number of sacs. Gotta good feeling it might be two!

Angelanathan - hello again!!! Glad we can continue in here from our last thread. hoping all goes well with your first scan too.

I'm due 29th August. Looking farward to getting to know all you lovely ladies.
    Have a blessed new year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi angenrod,

Nice to see you in here.
    Not exactly sure when I'm due.
    First time doing fet.
    Transfer was 14th dec 5 day blasty.
    When was your transfer?

Getting bloods tomorrow. To ease my mind. Then scan 7th jan to check same thing one or two.
    How is everyone feeling. My boobs are sore and very tired. Occasional nausea when hungry. Just a weird appetite.