Closed Thread
Page 29 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Girls I am new to this thread but see that there are a few familiar posters form another Brissy thread I am on.

Angandrod - Another girl on the Brizzy post had a similar experience to you. She was told at her 6 week scan that the gestational sac was measuring a week behing, whereas the foetus was spot on the anticipated date. I don't think that the baby was bigger however. She is now well on her way to 23 weeks. So I truly hope you get good news this following week.

Angelanathan - Hi hun. I don't know why they would have said that re the progonova. Al in all, it's just another form of progesterone.

AFM - After many unsuccessful cycles (as per my signature) I was blessed enough to get a BFP from a 16 Dec TF. Today I had my first scan which has left me hanging in the air. I should be 6W3D, but scan showed sac, with something that resembled, but wasn't entirely conclusive of a foetal pole with no foetal heart rate. My FS was really non committal, didn't mention anything re a yolk sac (which I couldn't see) and when measured the figure measured at 6W1D. FS said and they don't know why, but blasty TF can sometimes be a couple of days behind (???) and to have a repeat scan next week. She then went on to say that she was 'quietly confident' all would progress.

I am freaking out because it is all too familiar with my one and only other pregnancy, where at 6 weeks there was no foetal pole, then at 7W no heart rate, at 8W a HR of 80 and then nothing at 9W. I was pretty much a week behind. In that instance she said right from the beginning that all did not seem well.

Here again I am not off to a good start. I really expected to see the HR on the transvaginal scan. Albeit my FS's ultrasound machine looks like it is off the arch it is so old.

Has anyone else not seen a HR at 6W3D or do you have any words of wisdom?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angenrod - I'm so sorry, but hopefully like laned said - it will all turn out ok. It must be horrible to not know though..

laned - I had an abdominal ultrasounds done at 6w3d and all they could find was a gestational sac that measured the right size. That was at the maternity triage as I had some bleeding then. The OB said it was too early to see a HB. I had my 7wk transvaginal scan and everything was good.

Even though yours was a transvaginal one it still might be too early. I really don't think your FS would hint at it turning out positive, if she didn't think so. I think it's common to have them implant a little bit later. I just googled when does a heartbeat start for a fetus and it came up with 6w - not sure about the fetal pole etc. The OB I saw at emergency was really happy that the sac measured the correct size - two days out is nothing really.

Belinda - yeah I booked in at 10wks last time and out of the 12 OBs at the hospital I wanted, only 2 were available. The one I ended up choosing (based on Internet reviews) I really didn't like. DH said he had zero personality. Maybe book in to 2, just in case you really don't like the first one?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2Angus For This Useful Post:

laned  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned,

So I should be fine to stop it? I have anyway on Sunday. Feel no different.

Just looked at my Scan I think my sac measured 1.93cm and baby was .79cm.
    I'm sure it will get bigger xx

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to angelanathan For This Useful Post:

laned  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    angenrod - I'm the same at the other gals, and also don't know. next week brings you better results.

klong - Hunni you can have some of my sickness if you like . How many weeks are you now?

laned - Sorry you never got a more conclusive result. I really wish FS would stop doing scans so early, as it's just another week to stress out. I say that they should not do them before 7 weeks. I am so glad that my FS has that policy - the worry is just so unfair! When is your next scan?
    AFM - GP have me an anti-nausea injection today -which worked a TREAT! BUT he refused to give me Zofran as he said that it’s a category b drug for pregnancy and he won't prescribe anything unless it's a A class drug. I think he is being super cautious if you ask me as so many people on BH are saying they've taken it. My blood pressure is elevated so just to be safe I am on bed rest this week. GP said go call my OB tomorrow and see if he wants to see me in earlier than my appointment which is for Mon as he wants to be sure I stay A-okay.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bebehvala For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Due in July
    11 - Jools
    13 - Claire
    18 - Salgan
    19 or 23 - Belinda
    25 - Mum2Angus
    31 - Gemini85

Due in August
    4 - DJSHEARS
    5 - chicparis
    6 - Gracefilled - TWINS!
    14 - Klong
    15 - HamptonK
    16 - BecKaLee
    18 - 41 Hope
    22 - Littleve
    22 - Bebehvala
    29 - Angenrod
    29 - Kseds
    29 - holdingmybreath
    31- smootch

Due in September
    3 - Angelsnathan - TWINS!
    6- Zultbear

Scans and Appointments
    Gemini85 - NT Scan - 19 Jan
    Zultbear - Viability Scan - 19 Jan
    Gracefilled - OB Appt - 20th
    Samarasmum - Scan - 23rd
    bebehvala - OB Appt - 24 Jan
    Gracefilled - NT Scan - 25th
    Klong - OB Appt - 31 Jan
    Hamptonk - NT Scan - 9th Feb

Thanks
    Reviews
    bebehvala - I think I spoke too soon as I felt as sick as a dog tonight. I have night sickness and not morning sickness! Maybe the baby knew I was worried and decided to remind me everything's fine and to stop worrying! I'm 10 weeks tomorrow so think it may start getting a bit better soon anyway. Hope your sickness goes soon, it sounds pretty bad you poor thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned, just wanted to say that I had a scan at 6w2d and we also didn't have a heart beat. Couldn't even see the fetal pole...I am now 11w1d and all is well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chicparis For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned- thanks for the encouraging story of the brizzy girl. Hopefully I'm as lucky as her.

Thanks to everyone else's well wishes. Will keep u all posted. I'm off to Forster for 5 nights, leaving today, but I really don't want to go now. I'm
    Just so depressed...

Sent from my iPhone

13. The Following User Says Thank You to angenrod For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Mummies

I have been reading along with all of your posts, i just haven't had the time to sit down and reply. But i do have a quick question for you....

Is anyone using the Progesterone pesseries? I am using them twice a day. morning and night. and it is driving me crazy. They aren't very...absorbent...and lets say, doesn't all just come out at once and i am constantly walking around at work with what feels like satuarated undies. (sorry it its TMI) i have had to resort to using night time pads (which i hate). My FS has told me to continue on them until i am 12 weeks ( i am currently 9+1) Does anyone have any ideas or advice?

Carly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    HI Ladies

Misscarlya - Just keep doing what your doing with the pessaries. I'm on 400mg 3x per day and I use a liner to soak up the 'leakage'. Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot you can do until you stop them at 12 weeks.

Laned - I know you've already got some great info and advise so I'm sending your way. xx

Angenrod - More too.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyPonds For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-01-2012)