Closed Thread
Page 26 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Amps, I have never had FET, only freshies but this cycle where I did get preg I did a number of things differently. 1) always kept my feet warm. There is something to do with fertility and warm feet. My Accupunturist told me about it. 2) had Accupunture once a week for 18 weeks. Then the day before transfer and again 3 hours after transfer. Very important to have a session as soon as poss after the transfer but it is best advised to have it day of transfer (not the next day). 3) I took 2000mg royal jelly per day and 5 capsules of Maca root (very good to help fertility) which I think was about 1250 mg daily. 4) cut a "pineapple core" into 5 equal portions and eat one portion per day starting on day of transfer. (don't eat the flesh of the pineapple, it's too acidic, just eat the core). 5) eat 1 kiwi fruit per day for 5 days starting from day of transfer as well. 6) pray, pray, pray and keep praying!!! I also stopped all coffee intake at the start of all meds. I only drink about 1 cup of pepsi max now per day. That's all my caffeine intake. I took it easy on day of transfer and after that I didn't do anything too strenuous, just took it easy, no heavy lifting etc.
    Hope some of this will be helpful to you and I wish you huge success for your FET.
    Baby dust to you and sticky vibes being sent your way!! Oh so, my FS told me to have sex the following 3 nights from the day of transfer as it helps the embie stick. I did do it for the first night (day of transfer) but chickened out after that... But I'm pregnant now, so something up there if not all of it, helped me get here.

Take care xx

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi amps-
    I have plenty of experience with FETs...so far 9 in total

After the most recent 2 failed, I also cut out all caffeine from my diet. May have been a coincidence, but the next one worked. Also did the having sex thing - but we were only told to do it the day of the transfer, nothing was said about 3 days (I'm keeping that one to myself....dont tell DH ... lol)

Other than that I think it's the usual stuff - no strenuous exercise, spa baths etc...it's pretty much the same as a freshie.

Lots of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one cup of tea a day and a hot chocolate at night, do you think that amount of caffine a day is ok, or should I cut back on tea too?
    Angenrod- Got my slippers on, thanks for the tip!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bonbon- your too funny!!! (got your slippers on now). I know the recommended amount of caffeine per day in pregnancy is around 300mg. I don't think what your having would exceed this amount. Tea doesn't have as much as coffee and a hot choc I don't imagine would have a lot either. Check your labels though (or google).

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    angenrod, thanks for the tips, I didn't know about the feet thing or the sex, dh will be happy(if I tell him...hehe). I see the acupuncturist on wednesday for my first session. She asked a heap of stuff over the phone, she sounds like she knows her stuff. The clinic I'm going through recommended her, they've had a good success rate with her. It's so hard not to get too excited and hopeful. I've started a few non-taxing projects at home trying to distract myself from obssessing over this, things I can keep on with when I'm pregnant.

Kseds, I've thought about giving up my one cup of greenblend coffee a day, I will decide after I see the acupuncturist, I believe she also includes naturopathic remedies, or something like that. I think I really only drink it out of habit now, morning ritual kinda thing.

I must say the whole sex during pregnancy scares the hell out of me, I started to miscarry my first baby after I had an internal ultrasound. I have scarring on my cervix from a Letz procedure many years ago, even pap-smears are painful when they take the sample. (sorry if tmf)
    The fs had to stop our fresh transfer for a moment as he put the first catheter in as the pain was excruciating(for a minute or 2 which felt tlike forever). This time he's going to sedate me with valium first, either that or go under ga, which isn't ideal as I get quite sick afterwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amps I know some people have given u some good ideas and ways to enhance your cycle. I was advised by my dietician to avoid sugar whilst doing my cycle and for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. His reasons were that sugar effects your hormone levels which with the drugs we need to keep at the same level and if u have sugar it spikes and drops the hormone levels. I did this for my last cycle and it worked for me. Just some food for thought. Wishing you all the luck for a very successful cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Due in July
    11 - Jools
    13 - Claire
    18 - Salgan
    19 or 23 - Belinda
    25 - Mum2Angus
    31 - Gemini85

Due in August
    4 - DJSHEARS
    5 - chicparis
    6 - Gracefilled - TWINS!
    14 - Klong
    15 - HamptonK
    16 - BecKaLee
    18 - 41 Hope
    22 - Littleve
    22 - Bebehvala
    29 - Angenrod
    29 - Kseds
    29 - holdingmybreath
    31- smootch

Due in September
    3 - Angelsnathan - TWINS!
    6- Zultbear

Scans and Appointments
    Angenrod - Scan - 16 Jan
    Gemini85 - NT Scan - 19 Jan
    Zultbear - Viability Scan - 19 Jan
    Gracefilled - OB Appt - 20th
    Samarasmum - Scan - 23rd
    bebehvala - OB Appt - 24 Jan
    Gracefilled - NT Scan - 25th
    Klong - OB Appt - 31 Jan
    Hamptonk - NT Scan - 9th Feb
    Last edited by bebehvala; 15-01-2012 at 09:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Sunday ladies,

I've updated the roll call, just double check I did it correctly. We don't have many scans and appt. on there considering how many of us there are - which is surprising.

Nothing much to report at my end - still stuck in land. Need to go back to the Dr. as the Maxalon is hardly working. I ned to eat every hour and the only thing that helps is mostly bread or dipping biccies in tea. I've put on a few kgs and my pants are tight - and I am only coming up to 9 weeks. I'm going to be a whale!!

Is anyone else on anti-nausea medication?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Amps - I am so sorry to hear the news. FET are a lot nicer. I have everything crossed for you.

Bebehvala I am on Ondansetron wafers. I was also on Maxolon but it didn't really do much for me. The wafers are expensive but I think they are worth it. I almost feel normal again. I ran out on Friday and spent all day yesterday vomiting. Went and got another script last night. I couldn't cope without them. Hope you get better soon.

AFM - My next ob appointment is on the 25th. I can't wait! I want to see bub again. Is anyone else getting terrible headaches? I have had one for a week now. I don't normally get headaches.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone on progynova ? I was on it as my fet was a programmed cycle. Was told to stop it when I'm 7 weeks. So today was the first day not on it. Just hoping it dosent affect anything.
    On asprin also when do I stop that?
    I have had 3 scans and I'm all different dates. Do you guys just go off Ivf dates or scan dates. Confused

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub