Closed Thread
Page 21 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah I thought I might be able to go off the aspirin, but he said with the MTHFR thing I have, to stay on it the entire time. Plus he is going to give me clexane after birth and make me wear those sexy stockings to prevent clotting. Im also on Vitamin D now cause apparently my levels are really low. Which is strange, cause I get plenty of sunlight, and eat plenty of the right foods. Baby must be sucking it all out of me.

I wouldnt have any idea cause this is my first baby, but does pregnancy seem to drag on, or am I just being super impatient. Im not a very patient person anyway, but it just seems to be going really slow haha. I just want to have a big baby belly already, and really feel and look pregnant. I know I shouldnt wish the time away as such, but I just want to get to the fun part already lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I had to give myself about 5x daily injections of clexane post-birth... I almost laughed when the midwife asked if I would be ok giving myself injections..... I felt like saying "Please, I'm IVF alumni. Needles is what we do....".

What I actually said was "Yeah, I think I'll manage alright."
    LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, btw I meant I had to give myself a daily injection for about 5 days ....not that I had to inject myself 5 times a day......just so that's clear... ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha glad you said that. I thought that was a lot of needles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOWEEEE you ladies sure have a lot of medicines. I'm on zero, nada, zilch.. and that has now given me some thought as to why? Is FS waiting for something bad to happened again?

In other news, does anyone else have super itchy (.Y.)'s????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the warm welcome ladies

Gemini, can I ask what MTHFR has to do with aspirin? I thought MTHFR meant taking high dose folic acid (which I do coz I am mthfr heterozygote) and low dose aspirin was for blood thinning issues... Now I'm a little confused. My FS had originally said he would put me on baby aspirin when I got preggers, but then said it wasn't necessary when I asked about it at 6 weeks. I'm wondering if I should push for it...

bebhvala, my (.Y.) also itch, especially the nipples. I accidently hurt my nipple while scratching the other day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha yeah don't ask me. My FS said to take it anyway in case it helped, and to take the 5mg of folate because of the MTHFR. And as far as I'm aware, MTHFR is where you don't absorb folate. But when I told my OB that I was on aspirin and that I had MTHFR, he said oh yeah definitely stay on it then cause its a common clotting disorder. And thats when he wrote on my form that i needed clexane after delivery. So I was even more confused. I figured the aspirin can't hurt anyway so I didn't bother to argue. I'll see if I can find the fact sheet I was given to see what that says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots to catch up on.

Angelanathan Your levels sound great. Congratulations on Twins

HamptonK I am freaking out and I have not even booked an OB yet.

Zofar Congratulation on your freebie. Good luck with your scan on Friday

Smootch I am on Elevit and Inner Health Plus. Great news on your HB

Belinda1010 Good luck with your scan tommorrow

Amps everything is ok

Gemini85 Try putting dry biscuits next to your bed and have a biscuit before you hop out of bed. Wait till bub arrives and you will notice all bubs does it eat, sleep and poo and nothing else for a couple of weeks. You will learn to be patient. Good luck with your scan. I had those sexy stockings after my operation in April Last year. You will have a big belly soon enough and later you will be complaining about your big belly.

Zultbear Just try to keep yourself busy and that would give you less time to second guess all the time. Good luck with your BT on Friday

Kseds Relaxing is not easy when bub arrives either. You will see your HB soon. Try to relax and enjoy every moment.

Chicparis Welcome this is the sticky bub for you.

Mum2Angus That’s good that DH can get time off work.

A Big Bebehvala, Bonbonn, Klong and everyone else.

AFM I have been really busy and haven’t had time to think about tomorrow. One more sleep and we will know what is going on.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarasmum For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Gemini, I'm also on clexane, since transfer, but don't know anything about it after delivery. I know I don't have a clotting disorder because I was tested for everything for my recurrent m/c. They are just trying everything on me, hoping something works to keep bubs sticky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    I won't be joining you after all, I lost our baby on Monday, spent the night in hospital. All is good so we can try again, must say it still sucks though.
    Good luck to you all and take care