Closed Thread
Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,195 of 1195
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Congrats to all of you who have had your babies how exciting lots of bundles of joys for us to spend ourdays watching.

AFM Lachlan was 6 weeks today and had his immunisations....dont know who it hurt more mum or Lachlan. He was such a trooper and cried a little then straight back to sleep. He is still being a dream baby....pinch myself everyday to make sure this is real as when u want something so badly for soooo long it ust seems sureal having him here now....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Hampton - sounds like you had it a bit rough too....!!! Glad Cooper is well and thriving though :-) Was he born posterior, or did he turn as he went through the birth canal??

It's great to hear from you Belinda - glad that the new mums are still 'checking in' to this thread - it's awesome to hear how everyone is going post-birth. Also really glad to hear he is being super good for you....!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    angenrod - Sophie is also better at day sleeping than night sleeping but I have found a little routine that works for me. When I hear her stiring I make her a bottle of breast milk (expressed before bed), feed her 60ml then change her nappy in the soft lamp light without talking to her so she stays in sleepy mode. Then I put her on the breast where she will suck for a short while before falling asleep. The midwife told me I should be breast feeding her first then offering the bottle of breast milk so she puts on weight but at night time she seems to settle much better if I do it the other way around as the breast settles her much more than the bottle does even though it's the same milk she's drinking.

I did this little routine last night and it was a relatively peaceful night as the night before she wouldn't settle for 3 hours and I was so drained I wanted to cry all day! I felt like I was such a bad mum for not being able to settle my baby but I am trying to take it all in my stride and realise that this will take time. I hope not too long though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF babies due July, August, September 2012

I pretty much do the same thing with Elly. She is on the boob all day as I can't settle her any other way. But at night time, I give her a bottle of expressed milk and she usually sleeps 5-6 hours.

Don't worry hun, I had a couple of nights of crying my eyes out cause she wouldn't settle and then she wouldn't attach properly. All completely normal. Fricken hormones can mess you around on top of all that missed sleep.

Does anyone have any good settling routines? My lactation lady said I feed elly too much and I have to drag it out longer so she gets bigger feeds, not snack feeds. But I can't settle her in between. During the day she pretty much feeds every hour! I can't drag it out to 2 hours. She'd scream the house down!
    Last edited by Gemini85; 15-08-2012 at 00:14.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A new thread open over HERE for you ladies.