Closed Thread
Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1195
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hia girls!

Just wanted to let you all know, our little Boy arrived almost 2 weeks early on 9th Aug. We named him Vladimir or Vlad for short and he weighs 2.7kg.

Vlad came into this world with a bang!

BIRTH STORY:
    I went into labour at home almost 2 weeks early on Wed evening. We arrived at the hospital at 4am on Thurs morning and the midwife straight away noticed he was in distress on the monitor. She called my OB and a theatre team in for an emergency c-section.

When Vlad was delivered, his cord was wrapped round his neck a few times and as he had been so distressed he had pooed a lot of meconium and ingested some.

Theatre went off, people buzzing about, they began CPR as out little guy wasn't able to breathe properly because of the ingested meconium, they also had to intubated him 3 times to clear his airways of that dreaded poo! And were bagging him to help him breathe. OB was shouting for them to call into the hospital a pediatrician.

Meanwhile, we haven't heard him cry - no one will tell us what's happening and it was chaos. As you can imagine I was a wreck, hubby was pale as a ghost and we couldn't see him.

I for sure thought he was dead - until I heard a whimper, then when they said we are helping him breathe, I was praying for him not to have any brain or lung damage.

They raced him out of the room before we could see him and we waited for 40 mins while I was sewn back together. Hubby was taken to see him while I spent 2 hours in recovery.

Vlad went to the NICU and was put on oxygen, had his tummy pumped and was poked and prodded, xrayed and whatnot.

It was an anxious few hours to hear that he had not sustained and brain damage, but he was still unable to breathe correctly.

His paed is wonderful, he has given Vlad a load of X-rays and has done a bunch of blood work, and various tests to rule out one by one any serious conditions over the past 2 days.

Just yesterday he concluded, that other than still having erratic breathing and making very strange grunting/whimpering noises he is perfect!

The new theory is the breathing issues and grunting is caused by the fact that when they did the emergency intubation a few times to clear out the meconium, they damaged his throat and epiglottis, which is that dangly / flappy area at the back of your throat - causing the erratic breathing and strange sounds. We are waiting to see if his body resolves the inflammation on its own.

For now he must stay in his humidicrib in special care. He has a feeding tube which they are feeling him formula till my milk comes in and continue on antibiotics to ensure any infection that may be there is treated.

Fingers crossed this new theory is correct, if so he will be off the antibiotics and allowed out of his humidicrib to try to breastfeed and or for cuddles in a few days time.

For now, nobody is allowed to see him except us and his Grandparents. BUT only hubby and I can touch him - but even we are on a strict 3 times per day roster for that.

It's very difficult, but we must now just wait and pray.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to all of the new Mums! We sure did have an explosion of births in just a few days!!

I don't have my laptop at the hospital, so I can't do the roll call - any chance someone could update it until I go home next week??

Also Gem - great idea about a new support page, I agree totally we should if others will also join along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge congrats Bebe on Vlads arrival! Also to Hamptonk on the arrival of Cooper!
    Definitely a baby boom at the moment.....how exciting!!

Glad to hear Vlad is doing well despite the complications - must have been awful for you at the time - must be a relief that he's ok now. Best wishes for the coming days - let us know how you/he goes. Big hugs xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats bebe and Hampton! It's so
    Exciting to hear of all of these arrivals. Can't believe it's finally happening for all of us.

Bebe - so glad he is doing ok. That must have been a horrible experience, but so glad all is ok. Give him a big cuddle when you can from me xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    POPPED in June
    8 - Womble - Connor James
    17 - Jools - Scarlett Piper
    16 - Gracefilled - Charles Atticus & Hamish William

POPPED in July
    2 -Belinda1010 - Lachlan Matthew
    9 - missbloggsy - Maggie Rose
    12 - Salgan - Poppy Eden

POPPED in August
    1 - Gemini85 - Elly Elizabeth Kay
    2 - Mum2Angus - No name just yet
    6 - angenrod - No name just yet
    7 - klong - Sophie Marie
    8 - 41Hope - Molly Bernadette
    9 - bebehvala - Vladimir
    10 - HamptonK - Cooper Riley

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Due in August
    13 July - Claire
    4 - DJSHEARS
    5 - chicparis
    16 - BecKaLee
    18 - qotfu
    20 - Shorty
    21 - Misscarlya
    22 - Littleve

29 [23 Aug] - Kseds - SURPRISE
    29 - holdingmybreath
    31- smootch - SURPRISE
    31 - Angelanathan - GIRL

Due in September
    1- Goaskclaire - BOY
    14 - Grace2012 - Frat TWINS [C-Section]
    24 - babystepswa
    Last edited by Kseds; 12-08-2012 at 11:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hamptonk - Congrats on your little Cooper, I'm so glad everything went well and look forward to hearing your birth story when you're up to it.

Bebehvala - I am sitting here reading your birth story to my DH and I am crying my eyes out. I feel so lucky that Sophie arrived so easily after hearing your story. I can't imagine what you and your DH must be going through with all the worry. I hope Vlad continues to get big and strong so he can enjoy many cuddles and breast feeds with his mummy. You sound like you've had to really be strong in the last few days and I hope you're all doing ok. I will keep my fingers crossed for you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bebe- I'm sorry you had such a traumatic birth. I can sympathise with u about the c section and praying everything will be ok, I too was in the exact position. I kept asking the Ob why I couldn't hear him cry yet... He kept saying everything is ok..... But until I heard a cry, i was praying also.
    Glad vlad is doing pretty good and I hope you get your mummy all day cuddles very soon. Congratulations on the birth of vlad.

AFM- my little guys name is "Jesse Aaron Geoffrey". His name was well thought of as he is our miracle baby and only by the grace of God is he with us now. So his name means: Jesse- gods gift, Aaron-mountain of strength, Geoffrey- gods peace (also my DH's brothers name). He has been a wonderful baby, but his sleeping at night OR should i say LACK of sleeping at night is getting draining.
    Does anyone that's already had their bubba, have this problem too? He sleeps well through the day, but
    Come 10pm, all sleep is 2.5hours max. Then he won't sleep unless he is in my arms or on my chest. I love having him so close but my sleep deprivation is getting to me :/
    Any ideas on what I can do?

Lots of babies bein born right
    Now!! It is so exciting!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats angenrod again on your little boy - Jesse is a great name for a boy - although you don't hear it so often anymore... Glad to hear he's being (mostly) a good boy for you.... the transition from day sleeping to night sleeping is a bit more difficult for some babies, as night time (when you were asleep) was the usually the time that they were active, rather than during the day when you were busy and they were lulled to sleep by your movement and activity.

Without knowing you/your routine/situation etc, some ideas are:

**It helps if you make sure he gets a really good feed - sometimes they don't get as good a feed at night time because Mummy is sleep deprived and just wants to get it over and done with and back to bed.....so they wake up hungrier, sooner.

**Keep lighting and sound to an absolute minimum when you feed and change at night - try to remove anything that's stimulating for him from the room. It helps them to start differentiating between night and day. Part of that also includes not putting him to sleep in an entirely darkened, quiet house for day sleeps ...... they need to understand the difference between night sleeping and day sleeping. (ie leave the tv on in the background, etc)

**Sometimes it's just a matter of patience. He may well adjust in his own time, tough as that can be.

Don't know if any of that helps at all....it's just some of the stuff that worked for us the first time round....but every baby is different, so getting plenty of different ideas/advice is always a good thing....

AFM - well, at the stage now where I'm a bit over it....I think a lot of it is because all of you ladies are now popping your babies out and it's making me think "I want mine too!!!"
    Also because of the HIDEOUS reflux and indigestion I've started developing at night time....has seriously screwed with my sleep and my patience.

We were at the hospital on Saturday night - turned out to be a false alarm. I'd been having regular contractions for about 3 hours, and had been feeling nauseous, and a few other bits and pieces. Fortunately my OB just happened to be there after delivering another baby.... OB says it was mostl likely false labour - the contractions were brought on by whatever was making me feel unwell (not the other way round - ie feeling a bit unwell because of going into labour). I was only 0.5cm dilated (so basically hardly/not at all...)

DH was super disappointed when we got sent home again and the contractions etc disappeared within a couple of hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ange - just a quick reply on my phone while I'm feeding. My midwife told me to make sure I wake Hugo every 3 hours during the day, do he's not too hungry at night. So far he wakes about every 4 hours at night. Not too sure what else you can try.. Love the name you chose!

Also, thanks to whoever updated the list (I can't see atm) and I forgot to mention his name - Hugo Bryan Alexander. I will try to update the list later on my computer...

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my attempt at writing my birth story...It's long and maybe not written well.
    My waters broke on the 9/08 at 7:45am. We went up to the hospital where they told me to just stay as they thought contractions would start that afternoon. Nothing happened all day and night so I had to be induced using the cyntocin drip. We had trouble placing the iv but finally got it after many sticks and drugs started at 10:45. Contractions started off softly but quickly at about 11:10. I was confined to the bed a little bit with continuous montitoring and bub had the monitor on his scalp. I was only 1cm dilated at this stage. Contractions became more intense and frequent and by about 1:30 I was having 6 every 10 minutes, so started to use the gas. I struggled with this a but as taking a deep breath was hard. Had to have an epidural at about 4pm. This was done three times to get the placement right which was awful as I had a fear of them and to keep still. I was only 4cms at this stage. Bubs heart rate kept dropping to 90's from his baseline of 130-140 so they were concerned. By 9 pm to everyone's suprise I was fully dilated. But bub was high and posterior. Bub heart rate then jumped up and stayed around 190 so I was told I needed to go to theatre for a possible csection but they would attempt vacuum delivery first but they did not expect it to work. I was a bit hysterical, consented for it and was prepped. The epidural had become disconnected accidentally and started to wear off. All of a sudden I was surrounded by about 11 people. They let me have a try at pushing at about 10:10pm and luckily I tried my hardest and cooper was born after 3 contractions at 10:18pm so just a few minutes of pushing. Apparently they were all stunned lol. He had some grunty breathing so was taken to be checked. I had a small internal graze but no tears thankfully. It was a full on day for me as nothing went to plan but I am so glad I avoided the csection at the end. Cooper is worth the trouble it took.