Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations Klong, wonderful news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay. Congratulations. Beautiful name. Take it easy hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Many congrats on your fast birth. So glad all went well even with the start of bleeding. Enjoy your little one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats klong!!! Wow, certainly sounds like the whole thing was crazy fast....glad it all went well though! Love the name xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Klong :-) good to hear that you are both doing well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, 37 wk appt with the OB today......and it turns out my Group B Strep swab came back positive......so I guess that means no lounging around at home once things start happening.....will have to head straight into hospital to get hooked up with antibiotics via IV. Oh well, could be worse I spose!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope everyone is still coping well in these last weeks and days of pregnancy.

I'm 39 weeks today. OB offered to try and induce me last Friday as i was miserable but I turned it down, hoping to go naturally as this is my first. They said they will discuss it again at my appointment on Friday. I may get them to do a check this time to see if anything is happening yet. I can't drive anymore and walking is difficult so we will see what happens.

Eagerly awaiting the next birth announcement in the group

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kseds View Post
    Well, 37 wk appt with the OB today......and it turns out my Group B Strep swab came back positive......so I guess that means no lounging around at home once things start happening.....will have to head straight into hospital to get hooked up with antibiotics via IV. Oh well, could be worse I spose!!!
    Ohhh what a bugger. How long does the dip take? Like do you have to go in at first contraction?

Hampton - that sounds rough. Maybe a stretch and sweep would help if your body is ready? Worth asking anyways.

I'm booked in for my waters to be broken on Friday morning. I'm partially dilated and effaced and my cervix is ripe - just having in and off random contractions and my body is crying out!

...... Come in next baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Molly Bernadette arrived at 8.58 am on the 8/8/12 weighing 8lb 5 via caesarean after a failed induction ( 3 attempts with the gel). Baby is just beautiful. I am ecstatic and doing okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats 41Hope on your little princess!!! Love the name - (its on our short list for girls names....!!!)

Bebe- good luck for Friday!! How exciting for you....the end/beginning is in sight!!!
    And yes, what it means is apparently as soon as I go into labour/get first contractions, I have to head straight to the hospital, where they hook me up to a drip, and keep administering antibiotics every 4 hours until bubs is born.

Bit of a bugger, really..... I was intending to stay home for as long as possible.....at least it's less likely to be a lengthy labour, given its not my first..... Would go stir crazy if I'd had to spend the entire 18 hours it took the first time around at the hospital!!!

Hampton - sounds like you're having a bit of a rough trot here at the end.....hopefully things get moving for you very very soon and we will get to hear your special news!!!! Hang in there, not much longer to go!!