+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default are you doing anything differently? Opinions and thoughts...

Hi all
    I had a missed miscarriage nearly 2 weeks ago. I have good days and bad days and I still shake this empty feeling... I'm still waiting for bleeding to stop but I have started to think about TTC again after my first cycle but I'm extremely nervous.

My question to all of you is, are you doing anything differently if you have started to TTC again? For example are you eating differently to boost fertility, or maybe seeing a naturopath?

I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my second miscarriage 2 weeks ago as well. I understand where you are coming from with the good and bad days, it's such a difficult thing to go through. We've decided to wait until next year to try, maybe February. I think we just need the extra time to gather strength again. Someone told me their story with their success after two miscarriages of seeing a lady who deals with chinese medicine and acupuncture. So I saw her yesterday and it was interesting. I also saw my dr yesterday and she recommended we also see a fertility clinic, mainly because I'm 36 and we've had two miscarriages after one healthy baby, she said we wouldn't need ivf but just further help to try and have a successful pregnancy. So we've decided that we're going to do both. We don't really care what it costs. I feel comfortable though doing both, I don't think I could cope with not trying both if something goes wrong again should we luckily fall pregnant again. Currently after seeing the chinese medicine/acupuncture lady I'm only eating certain things for the next 3 weeks ie: lots of vegetables & fruit, lean meat & fish and cutting out all bread, rice, pasta etc, hopefully I last. I know that I need to shift some weight so hopefully doing a few things differently this time will be the key.
    Last edited by mummyluv10; 22-11-2011 at 20:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for your reply mummylove.
    Did you go to the fertility clinic? How did that go?
    Also, what foods did the Chinese Medicine lady tell you NOT to eat?

I hope more people can reply to my post
    I'm still not up to the TTC stage as I'm still spotting. (nearly 3 weeks after a natural miscarriage). So have been trying to take my mind off things and doing some research into healthy foods to eat EVEN more healthy foods than I have been already... might be a bit of an obsession now.

Anyway have also ordered a book called Natural Fertility by Francesca Naish. Anyone read it?

Apart from that, really concentrating on eating more legumes, protein, fish and leafy greens.
    Last edited by marts; 29-11-2011 at 13:47. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hey

I am very sorry for your loss.

My situation is probably a little different because we know that a blood clotting disorder caused my two missed miscarriages but I have made quite a few changes on recommendations of dr's. The biggest one is that I lost almost 40kgs in the last 12 months. I also take mega fol, Eagle brand natal plus, daily baby asprin and fish oil as well as some chinese herbs. I also get weekly accupuncture and go to the gym 3 x a week where I don't over do it.

I certainly feel much healthier now and am just waiting to get pregnant again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, we haven't been to the fertility clinic yet, I changed the appointment, we just wanted to get away on our break which is in a few days and then deal with it all when we return. The herb lady & acupuncture lady (same person) recommended for 3 weeks I cut out all breads, pastas, rice, cereals & all things along those lines, I need to have 5 cups of vegetables and fruit, so 2 cups of fruit and 3 of salad items, lots of lean protein so fish etc. I have a huge list of what I can eat and it's too much to list here. I haven't been able to be that strict with it as I've had a couple of outings but it's only a couple of times I may have had something I shouldn't have. At the end of the day I don't believe that small amount of what I've eaten is going to affect if when we try again if we miscarry again. Anyway I see the herb/acupunture lady the same week I see the ivf clinic. I'm also trying to make sure I exercise more than the 3-4 times a week I walk. Just by adding a bit more walking or a bike ride in. I read somwhere that you don't have to go overboard but as long as you do some regular exercise.
    One of my friends told me about that book and said it was really good, I keep forgetting to ask if I can borrow it off her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry for all your losses. I had a natural miscarriage last Wednesday after finding out at 11w5d that our baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks.

My OB told me to wait at least 2 cycles after AF has returned before TTC again. I'm not sure why, didn't have the energy to ask him at the time. I am still spotting, I *hope* it is nearly finished, seems to be getting lighter.

I will definitely be getting back into the exercise once I feel up to it (probably after Christmas), and will then be concentrating on losing weight. I am currently 110kg and should be between 65 and 70kg!!

I don't know if we will TTC straight away, I don't know if I'm strong enough to cope with another m/c if it were to happen again....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I'd update, we went to our ivf dr and she was wonderful and has looked through the many blood tests I have had over the last few months and is getting me to have some more. She has a bit of a plan happening which makes us both feel a bit more comfortable and positive. We also found out the reason we miscarried the second time was due to a partial molar pregnancy so our plans to fall pregnant again in a month or so are delayed as we have been advised we have to wait 6 months before we have another baby but our ivf dr has advised if we have 0 hcg with my next 3 blood tests (one each month) we can try sooner. So it's all a bit of a waiting game. I always thought it would be much easier to know why you miscarried but it's not, and I've actually found it even harder to deal with when we've been told we now have to wait before trying again. So in the meantime I'm going to continue to see my acupuncture and herb lady, eat as healthy as I can, exercise regularly and try not to stress about the what could be's for next time and focus on the now. I still cry every now and then, it's hard when people around me are close to having a baby or are announcing their pregnancies. Just wish this baby making business wasn't so hard.
    Last edited by mummyluv10; 21-12-2011 at 22:27. Reason: correction

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi mummy

I am glad you found an answer as to why you miscarried the second time. I agree it doesn't help in easing the anxiety before falling pregnant again but it does help when you get pregnant. I am 6 weeks pregnant at the moment and on clexane because they discovered the blood clotting disorder after 2 x losses at 11 weeks. At my scan on Tuesday the baby was measuring a couple of days ahead which is the best news because last two times they weren't growing properly from the start. Knowing what I am facing does help the anxiety at the moment and give me hope that now I am being treated this pregnancy will be ok.

It is so hard when so many women get pregnant and have babies so easily but I think to myself that we have a bit of an advantage and that when we are holding those babies in our arms we will know what a gift we have been blessed with.

Good luck and I hope that your ttc journey is short.