+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lesbian couples in Brisbane, TTC, Pregnant

Hi

I am newly pregnant (8 weeks tomorrow!) and my partner and I are seeking to chat / meet others. Anyone out there in a similar position?? jali

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heya I am 17 weeks pregnant, my partner and I live on the Gold Coast but we don't go out much so we don't know many other couples, so would love to meet one!
    Susie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Susie

Great to hear from you. Congratulations to you and your partner. Wow, 17 weeks!! When is your due date? I'm looking forward to getting to the 12 week mark then the next milestone. How has your pregnancy been? Is this your first? jali

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jali - We are due 29th April. I can't believe it has been 17 weeks already - it has really flown by!!
    Yes, this is my first - makes it super exciting but I have been googling things furiously to make sure they are normal LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great. Time feels like it is going slow for us...

The internet can be good and bad, so much information. It does help to read what you are feeling may be quite normal.

You must be getting close to your next scan?? Are you two going to find out the gender if you can?

Hope you kept cool with the heat today.

jali

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha yeah I felt like that too, til the first trimester was over. Felt like time was dragging. Now I look back and can't believe how fast it went.
    We have our morphology scan on Wed actually - pretty excited to see bubs again. My partner is super impatient and insisted we do an elective scan to find out the sex at 16 weeks, so we got a 3d scan done and found out it's a boy
    I barely noticed the heat actually! Truly! I have been at work in the air con all day today, I guess that's one positive about work.
    Are you guys hoping for pink or blue?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi miss87

Happy to hear time goes more quickly after 12 week mark! Did you have the NT scan at 12-13 weeks? How exciting - a boy! We don't mind if we have a boy or girl - with us wishing for a healthy bub. My partner has picked out a boys name though already, so needing to work on a girls name too!
    Enjoy your scan on Wednesday!

In aircond on the weekend - do you work on weekends?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I decided not to have the scan. As much as I wanted to see bub, I didn't want the stress of being told that he was at high risk for something like downs syndrome. I read that the test is notorious for false positives, and I'm a stress head enough as is lol.
    Yes, I work every weekend unfortunately. It's good money though, and I don't really have much of a social life so it doesn't affect me too much.
    So how is your pregnancy going so far? Morning sickness bothering you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did the morphology scan go on Wednesday? No doubt exciting to see bub again! What do you find out with the morphology scan??

I have been queasy on and off, no vomiting luckily though, have been struggling with food and fluids, especially as the day goes on, not sure if it's related to being tired. From what I've googled it seems to go around week 12 - hoping this is the case. Did you suffer from MS at all?

Are you looking forward to Christmas? I have this week off, we are going to Heron Island for 3 nights. Then back to work for 2 weeks, then off work until mid January. Hoping to be feeling good over the Christmas break. jali

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Morphology scan went well. He was disobedient and the sonographer spent about an hour trying to measure all his parts because he kept moving lol. All his measurements are perfect, phew! She showed us heaps of cute images like his nose and lips, him crossing his legs, putting his hand behind his head like a model, etc. He is such a poser! We set his room up yesterday, my god he has a lot of stuff!!
    Hopefully you won't have too much more morning sickness to go, though I am jealous that you haven't vomited. I was sick every night but it stopped by about 13 weeks. I seriously HATED food, didn't want to eat because I knew I would be sick after lol. Now I love food haha.
    Heron Island sounds nice, have you been there before? I have read about it and wanted to go there but we never have.
    I am super excited about Christmas! It's my first one off in 6 years or so. We are doing Christmas with my in-laws then driving down to Adelaide to have a second Christmas with my family.