+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Exercise is harder when pregnant!!

I had a 6am personal training session on Friday which I've been doing for ages... She's gone pretty easy on me the last 4 weeks since I found out I was pregnant but I was totally wiped about 10 mins into this one...

It's amazing the difference growing a tiny baby can make!!

Financially we are going to have to give up the PT after the first trimester and I will miss it. It's the only real cardio I get at the moment (walking not included).

Any suggestions for cardio second trimester onwards? I am fairly used to jogging but am not a natural and get VERY hot and sweaty so not keen to do that.

Cross trainer perhaps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tell me about it. Im 6 weeks and I had to take lots of breaks today during my circut class, although very muggy in Melbourne today.

What about swimming, you can go at your own pace and its quite relaxing.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I am swimming once a week and will keep it up but I do find it a bit boring compared to other exercise... I'm doing that plus Pilates and need to find another cardio alternative for after xmas...

I ran to the tram yesterday and was sooo out of breath it was pathetic!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am the same in my personal training sessions... but am really struggling to stay coordinated enough to talk with him to make sure I am not too out of breath and coordinate myself to do the exercises!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hop on the tready, pop it on about 6-6.5 & the incline as high as you can handle. It is supposed to encourage your body to use your fat stores for fuel - woo hoo!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

kw123  (23-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I admire you ladies for pushing through with you PT sessions at 6 weeks. I am a gym lover and was wiped out on the couch for around 5 weeks beginning at 6 weeks! Exercise made me want to spew! But happy to say I was back into it at 12 weeks. Now almost 15 and back doing the Les Mills body pump (still a bit harder when preg), body balance, treadmill, light weights, dance classes and trying to find myself a preg pilates class. I am feeling unsure at this stage about core strength exercises and might get a PT to help me out. I tried a preg yoga video and it was beyond rubbish.
    Anyone have any great preg yoga/pilates DVDs that actually give you work out?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rose30 View Post
    I admire you ladies for pushing through with you PT sessions at 6 weeks. I am a gym lover and was wiped out on the couch for around 5 weeks beginning at 6 weeks! Exercise made me want to spew! But happy to say I was back into it at 12 weeks. Now almost 15 and back doing the Les Mills body pump (still a bit harder when preg), body balance, treadmill, light weights, dance classes and trying to find myself a preg pilates class. I am feeling unsure at this stage about core strength exercises and might get a PT to help me out. I tried a preg yoga video and it was beyond rubbish.
    Anyone have any great preg yoga/pilates DVDs that actually give you work out?
    Thanks!

I was thinking of doing body balance but aren't a lot of the exercises lying on your back which you should avoid in second trimester? I was planning on stopping my pilates reformer class in a few weeks because of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The instructor gave me all four exercises to do when they were lying on their backs. I have read at this stage it is ok for up to 3 min on your back. Don't take that as medical certainty, i would have to ask a Dr. Later in 2nd I wont be lying on my back at all. Most of the class was standing...i really liked the leg tracks. Strong thighs oh yeah!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you have access to group fitness classes? I am planning on doing combat, pump and attack through my pregnancy All are fine and they have low impact options too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am doing it alone at home! Have a treadmill and a step, gym ball and hand weights. I do cardio on treadmill with varying inclines, I do weight training and squats and leg exercises to strengthen & tone.

Some days I have energy & walk/ jog 5km other days I barely get 1km done and cry my eyes out - can be disheartening but I figure some exercise is better than none! Now if only I could control the naughty cravings! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app - sorry for typos :-/