+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Has she been tested for a salicylate allergy? The honey now has me thinking! Salicylates are mainly found in fruits, veggies, nuts, honey ( tomatoes are very high) and artificially in toothpastes and shampoos, and this allergy is responsible for loads of problems, sleep, irritability , stomach upsets, etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Has she been tested for a salicylate allergy? The honey now has me thinking! Salicylates are mainly found in fruits, veggies, nuts, honey ( tomatoes are very high) and artificially in toothpastes and shampoos, and this allergy is responsible for loads of problems, sleep, irritability , stomach upsets, etc?
    Oh i never even thought about honey - we dont eat honey (other than honey soy chicken) so it never crossed my mind

The tomatos though is her fav!!! But where ever the juice from it it touch her she gets a rash - it once dribbled down her chin and down her chest and she had a rash over her face and down the dribble line , however it doesnt seem to affect her insides.

Plums she gets a rash to
    Sultanas gives her bad green diareah

Im not sure if she was tested for salicylates. Il have to reaf through her results to see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabushkaMumma View Post
    Yes, they are two different things and each have a specific and different blood test (that's my understanding).

I would try as much dairy as you can - but seeing as she's drinking so much of it, I would (personally) make that my main change first if I was in your position.

I personally use a fortified, non GM Organic Rice milk as recommended by a dietitian. I don't use soy as a personal preference (and maybe your DD doesn't cope too well with soy either).

But you could also try oat milk too (I can't use it for DD due to the Gluten).

I would do, what you can for as long as you can and keep a food / reaction / sleep diary - it may feel like nothing has changed but to write it all down you may realise that the change is huge.

Just do what you can cope with for now, you also need to replenish your exhausted spirit too... Please take some time for yourself, even if it's a cup of tea. I know how hurt we feel when we cannot solve our little ones health problems... X
    Can i find the rice & oats milk at coles , aldi, woolies? Or go to a special store?

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    All available at Coles..good point on salicilates too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you think so good sanitarium is a good product?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would definitely try avoiding tomato, especially if it's giving her a skin rash. She would be having a similar reaction inside.

I really hope you can get to the bottom of her problems! Poor little girl!