+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry, can't edit, but meant to say I agree with Cayden's mother that you might need phi anyway if your DD is prone to illness that isn't deemed life threatening or an emergency. It is too heart breaking to watch them suffer on a waiting list . The only thing is that you will need to get family cover, you can't just get cover for one child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Go and see Dr Ngweso (yes she is Australian, at least English speaking!) at Morayfield Drs, next to Overflow. She is my regular doctor and is very good with children. I can't comment on any of the other docs there.

Alternatively, go see Dr Eastman (or any of the docs if you have to) out at Wamuran clinic (about 10min out on Dagular Hwy) He is also a qualified dermatologist and specializes in skin conditions etc.

You won't be dissapointed with either of these doctors.

Goodluck!
    Last edited by Snooze; 18-11-2011 at 21:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Steve Toddhall at Beachmere medical centre.. Totally brilliant and he bulks bill..so is Claire who also works there. I haven't ever met such thorough drs EVER and I have been on a almost 5 yr hunt for a decent one.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NinjaNet For This Useful Post:

Bubbygirl  (23-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaydensMama View Post
    And I think you meant to say 'Caucasian', as an 'Australian' can have a heritage from any other country in the world. E.g. China, India....
    I most certainly think she did not mean that!!

She said the language barrier was her issue, in which case any 'Australian' doctor should be fine. I have been to MANY Caucasian doctors who I could hardly understand with their broad German accents.

I don't think she has an issue with heritage at all (and why would you, ones genetic makeup does not determine your ability), only with their English language skills.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterzMummy View Post
    Steve Toddhall at Beachmere medical centre.. Totally brilliant and he bulks bill..so is Claire who also works there. I haven't ever met such thorough drs EVER and I have been on a almost 5 yr hunt for a decent one.
    Oh Iv been trying to see claire & steve but every time iv gone the time conflicts with work & with my work i couldnt get that time off grrr.

I got the other lady there for the last 2 visits last week, & she was hopeless. She kept saying my dd had an infection and i asked if it was ear ibfection. No. Tummy infection. No. Kept asking what and where infection was and she just kept sayinh no she just has infection. I was like huh???

Left very frustrated

Im new to this area, do you know if i can book an appt for like a few days away? Maybe that way i could get into claire or steve.

Thanks everyone for the replys, iv written down all the suggested doctors and will make appts. And see if one of them can do something.

Yea i dont mean caucasion (wrong spelling) it doesnt matter their race, i just need someone to listen and understand what im saying and not just give me the same antibioctic prescription again and again because its not fixing her problem

Thanks
    Reviews
    Instead of a normal GP perhaps book in to see a pediatrician?? Some can be extremely costly but in the long run it'll be worth it to find out what's wrong with DD. I could only recommend ones on the gold coast so perhaps ask ppl of recommendation in the city??
    I also agree with getting PHI, 2 of my DDs have grommets and the moment the ear plays up their speech goes downhill and can do damage, I really don't think a child should wait years to have them but with PHI you can see an ENT and have them done the following week..

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in morayfield and drive to Bribie ( Woorim Medical Centre) to see Dr Robinson. She is nice, direct and a no-nonsense type of person. She charges for the first visit, about $50 but bulk-bills for all visits after that for children and health care card holders. Also if transport is an issue it's easy to get a bus there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just went to doctors and made appt with a doctor alota people recommend.

He must be good cause his booked out till wednesday!

So got my dd checked by another one today because she was vomiting last night, high fever, lathargic, and bad cough.

As usual was given the same antibiotics and the doc had no idea whats wrong. Arghhhh

So im making a list of everything shes been given and all her sickness for the last 2 1/2 yrs and all her hospital forms, so im prepared for this recommended doctor on wednesday and hopefully we will get some answers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw a new doctor and he is AMAZING!!!!!!

He is testing dd for absolutely everything!!!!

And wants another hearing test and see if shel benifit from speach therapy!

Hopefully next week we will have some answers finally!!! Yayay

So happy right now, feel like finally some one is listening and wants to help get her better!!

Thanks bub hubbers for all the replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear you must be so relived hope it all works out for good luck