+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fertility First Hurstville

Hi Ladies

Just wanting to find out if there are any recent reviews opinions on Fertility First in Hurstville?

After a recent sperm test we discovered that DH has a low sperm count. (4 million - instead of 20 to 150 million) and a motility of only 20%. Whilst DH is a big bloke this is genetic because his brother also has this (with lower sperm count) but his brother is a stick man.. lol

So, we are off to see Fertility First. This is a bit of a drive from our house but I have read reviews that fertilty first are amaing and will help to treat people who have higher BMI's. Westmead IVF and Next Generation are both closer to where we live but from what I gather have BMI restrictions. My BMI is high based on my height and weight but inside I am as healthy as a anything. Thyroid is great, BSL is great, kidney and liver function awesome, cholesterol great.

We are hoping against all hope that we don't have to do IVF and that it might just be something that is helped with maybe IUI (to get the boys where they need to go) but really wanting to get reviews on Fertility First.

I rang them today and its like it was meant to be because they had a cancellation for Wednesday 23rd (otherwise wouldn't of been able to get an appointment until 3rd Jan).

Any reviews/comments on fertility first would be great!

And frustratingly enough, I had been having amazing cycles (after my crazy cycles last year from coming off the pill I saw a Naturopath in Jan and regulated and sorted my cycles out) with them pretty much coming every 28 days and bam, this month, I still don't have AF and my P (based on an average of 30 days) is now 12 days late. With countless - HPT's and - blood test.

Thanks ladies xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeb,
    I did 3 cycles with FF in 2009 and ended up leaving for a couple of reasons. It is a small practice only 1 FS (Anne Clark). While Anne is lovely she is super busy, often running late for transfers etc and I found it near impossible to get in touch with her after a cycle or with questions. Things may be different now, but at the time I was also extremely frustrated with the waiting times for bloods and scans. Waiting up to an hour was not unusual but on 1 occasions I was there 2 hours!! I also did not find them proactive as a clinic in pursuing further testing when my embryos weren't implanting and hence I changed clinics. As I said this was 2 years ago, perhaps someone else can give you a more recent assessment?

Next Generation and Westmead IVF also have some loyal fans here and perhaps they will pop in to tell you about their experiences there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello iam with FF i have been with FF since 2005 and i do like Anne clark and the head of NG was a dr at the first clinic we went to city west where we had our trouble
    i do hope you have good luck with FF jojo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been with ff since my first cycle due to mfi. The staff are lovely and Anne does all she can for her patients. We feel like we get special treatment seeing we are now just about to start cycle 10. We had implantation start and then failed. She has made a time for Us to come in and see her next tues (so about 6 days from when we found out). The nursing staff are lovely and while there can be some wait time for bloods and scans I find they aren't much more of a wait than my normal doctors office is! They are reasonably priced and are happy to answer any questions. Anne has given us different approaches as well so she will change your treatment of needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do not recommend F,FWe have been working with her team for a few years now makeing our famliy, never had a problem, but now 5 years later they have changed and are very unimpressed .We already have two boys and would like #3 but our donor has been treated so badly he (and his partner) now has stated he will not help us through a clinic. The with new counselor is no help and the rest of the staff and team seem to be follow her lead not Anne' s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Just wondering if you had success with Fertility First? Thankyou!