+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Westmead Fertility Centre - is this a good centre?

Hi there
    We are considering our IVF options and trying to decide which clinic is the best and most affordable.
    Has anyone used this clinic and was from Brisbane area?

Anyone used them at all?
    How would you say there service was?

Thanks
    Tania

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi purpledragon
    we are using westmead fertility centre in jan for the first time and they seem lovely over the phone but i heard nathing but good things about westmead the only thing is when you have epu and et you get what ever fs is on that day which some woman dont like but for there prices you kinda go with the flow but other then that the nurses are nice and very understand i have read a lot of ladys travel from all sorts of places to get to the clinic and the nurses help to get around it all they will even post the meds to you at your expense

cost is good from what could gather you can pay $1450 for ivf cycles and medicare send you a check for westmead so you take that to them and westmead give you $750 back so out of pocket for your first cycle is $700 + meds lucrin $200 or nasal spray $110 as far as the other meds i am not sure if we need to pay out our pockets but some woman have said they never had to pay for them its included in the cost ..

i have to travel from the hunter so its only 2-3 hrs away so i cant really help with your travels but i do wish you the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply.
    When are you starting your next cycle?
    What is the cost of first consultation?
    How much did it cost you for everything?
    As I know there are extra costs for consults, medication, egg transfers and all that kind of thing. Is the $1450 the cost of it through the medicare safety net thing?

We are also new to Australia, so just trying to get our head around all the different things, medicare and medicare safety net stuff.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi
    we are hoping to start our first cycle in feb 2012
    cost to see dr smith is $380 for both you and your partner and medicare refund you $240 = $140 for you both after medicare refund

there are 2 payment options for your ivf cycles with westmead

first ivf cycle: you pay the clinic $1450 + your luprin $200 or nasal spray $110
    i was told by the nurses that the cost for all the other meds are included with the $1450 you just pay for the luprin or nasal spray .
    medicare will send you a cheaque in westmeads name and you take that to them and westmead will refund you $750 making your final out of pocket cost $700
    if you have to have a 2nd stimmulated cycle and use this payment option your final out of packet cost will be $890.00

first ivf cycle : this payment option you pay westmead $4720.00 + luprin or nasal spray and you take the bill recipt to medicare and your final out of pocket cost is $1170.45 if you have to have a 2nd cycle using this payment option your final out of pocket cost is $308.33 + luprin or nasal spray

epu and et are included with the cost as far i have been told the other meds are included with the cost i am not sure i havent started yet but the nurses said this to me and a couple of ladys on here have said the same thing i understand this is all very confusing
    when are guys starting your ivf path ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that. Yes it all seems rather a lot of information to take in. But thank you for letting me know what you have found out so far
    So you guys must be getting super excited as February gets closer.
    We are not completely sure when we will start Ivf as we only moved over in August and Dh has only just got his first full time job. Plus we still have a few bills to pay off back in NZ. So I am hoping in maybe 6 to 12mths. So at this point I am just doing the researching of it all and where the best place to go would be. If we chose Westmead then we also have the cost of flying there and maybe accommodation. Plus we haven't even been to the doctor yet to start getting close to qualifying for the Medicare safety net. But our turn will come
    I am so happy for you though. How long have you been trying for a baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are getting excited we have been trying for 1yr i also have a son who is 6 he was concieved naturally and 1yr after his birth i had a ruptured ectopic and lost my right tube and we decided a yr ago we would start trying naturally but nathing happened so i had a lap surgery and blue dye test which showed my left tube is blocked and damged and not repairable so only choice is ivf but on the bright side my uterus and overies both look healthy and dh sperm is healthy also .
    i think it great that you are doin your research first it helps to prepare for the path of ivf
    i have read on here alot of ladys have travelled to westmead and find it is still much cheaper but i cant say from experiance you need to do what is best suited to you guys !

how long have you guys been trying and do you know what the cause is ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can totally understand your excitement. Sorry to read about the ectopic, that must have been awful.
    How is your son enjoying school?

Yes we know what our issues are.
    DH and I have been married before. I have 2 boys (now 20 and 16) from my first marriage and he has a daughter (now 11) from his first marriage. Then we have our little girl (6yrs) together. When she was 9mths we decided after talking about it before we even had our daughter, that when it was time we would have a vasectomy. DH didn't want me on the pill the rest of our lives and we genuinely thought we were done.
    Any way as it came time for me to start parting with all the baby stuff, I would be in tears and everytime I read an article about a vasectomy that failed, I secretly hoped we would be one of those too.
    Any way after many months DH and I talked and we decided to go through with a reversal 18mths after the vasectomy. As far as success rates go, we should have been fine. But after 2 1/2yrs of nothing and his count getting lower and lower. We decided to not make it our focus in life and just get on with things. I got so obsessed with it all, it was awful.
    We had always said we wouldn't do IVF as it cost between $10 and $15,000 and there is no claiming any of it back. We decided IVF was for those who did not have any children and just left it at that.
    We are now nearly 5yrs since vasectomy reversal and with no preventing at all, nothing has happened. We did a SA test and DH count is still at 13th April 2011 Total 4million 20% motility.
    When we moved over I decided to just google it and see what it was like over here, and got the surprise of my life when I save how cheap it is and how much you can claim back and all.
    I mentioned it to DH and he was like, oh so would you like to make it a goal for us now we are here and have the opportunity. I was like yes please.
    So even though I know we are not in a place right now, I certainly hope the next 6 to 12mths puts us in a place where we can go ahead with it. As I am not getting any younger

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, just wanted to pipe in and let you know that i am with Weastmead and just got my BFP with our first go. We did not get to have a transfer at the time I cycled in June and all 6 embryos were frozen at day1 We went in for FET early in November and have just got our results :-) Very happy. We ended up with with only 3 blasts. I had two transferred and one was frozen. We travelled 5 hours for treatment.
    wishing you both the best of luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    awesome dextersmum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing Dextersmum.
    That is so awesome for you guys and do happy you got the best early christmas present ever.
    Just wondering if you could PM me a run down of costs for you including travel?
    Also do they alway freeze at day 1?
    I always thought they waited to see if they went to blasts before freezing ?
    Sorry, totally new to all this
    Congratulations