+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Physio told me to get a fit ball to help with hips so going to start using that and doing some simple excersices and sit on it while watching tv
    Start pregnancy Yoga next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! This thread is brilliant, thanks for starting it up! I am pretty fit but let myself go after a missed miscarriage in July. I think the grief took IRS course in junk food and n exercise :-( worst thing possible of course and I knew it at the time but....

Anyway, I am newly pregnant and energized again :-) can I ask though:
    1. I am 65 kilos and 5 foot 7. I think 60 - 62 is a better weight for me. Is it ok to lose weight in early pregnancy if it's done healthily?
    2. Although I used to be very fit I havent done proper exercise for a while, only shortish walks. Can I get back into body pump classes, pilates and swimming? The are all low impact. I think I will stay with walking rather than starting to run at this stage
    3. Is a mainly vego diet ok in pregnancy? I seem to have gone off meat...

Thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! This thread is brilliant, thanks for starting it up! I am pretty fit but let myself go after a missed miscarriage in July. I think the grief took its course in junk food and n exercise :-( worst thing possible of course and I knew it at the time but....

1. I am 65 kilos and 5 foot 7. I think 60 - 62 is a better weight for me. Is it ok to lose weight in early pregnancy if it's done healthily?
    2. Although I used to be very fit I havent done proper exercise for a while, only shortish walks. Can I get back into body pump classes, pilates and swimming? The are all low impact. I think I will stay with walking rather than starting to run at this stage

Thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Artful "waves" I am finding doing exercise is easy - when I have the energy! Last few days have been tough cravings wise as I feel hungry all the time but for all the naughty junk foods ;-( had today off, back & running/jogging again on treadmill tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Hi! This thread is brilliant, thanks for starting it up! I am pretty fit but let myself go after a missed miscarriage in July. I think the grief took its course in junk food and n exercise :-( worst thing possible of course and I knew it at the time but....

Thanks ladies
    That all sounds great to me! Just let your instructor know you are PG of course... I am sure a veggie diet is fine as long as you are getting enough iron. And I would say that losing weight by eating healthier and exercise is always fine, no matter if you are pregnant or not! Just no silly dieting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks kw that's really helpful

Chrissy sounds like you're going great guns!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am trying ;-) after working my butt off over the last year to lose all the baby weight from both girls I really don't want to put on much and also can't as I had two reconstructive surgeries (down stairs) and was told if we were to have more it would have to be via c-section ;-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies. DHs tennis club is desperate for a fill in and I wasn't sure if that would be ok? I'm reasonably fit but haven't played tennis in years!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BBoo View Post
    Hey ladies. DHs tennis club is desperate for a fill in and I wasn't sure if that would be ok? I'm reasonably fit but haven't played tennis in years!
    I think the actual level of activity is fine if you're reasonably fit but if you're out of practice I would be worried about stray tennis balls flying at me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I think the actual level of activity is fine if you're reasonably fit but if you're out of practice I would be worried about stray tennis balls flying at me!!
    Thanks
    Lol I didn't think of that but a very very valid point with my lack of co-ordination!