+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sheyne rowley??

Does she advocate CC?

A friend has her book and I'm just trying to get some info on her ..

*** end of transmission ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    http://www.australianbabywhisperer.c...thodology.html

Hmmm, she talk about a crying management strategy, whatever that means!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    She does not as such, not to say that there won't be any crying. She's all about communication and routine management. I have to book and it's a mammoth task to get through. I found it very difficult to apply and would not recommend it. It hasn't helped me enough to justify all the reading I had to do. I agree with her in some respects but in others not so much. It made me feel like a bit of a failure when I could not apply the communication techniques to get my son to lay still for a nappy change. Still struggling with that! Does your friend recommend it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would strongly advise against this woman's methods. I heard at my mothers group one poor mums experience and all I can say is that she may have written a book and she may have appeared on tv but if you have a child (which she does not,)you will know that there is no such thing as 100%guarantee on anything, babies are human after all. She apparently offers a 100%guarantee that her methods work.....but at what cost to you and your baby. She personally gives me the creeps, I have seen her do a presentation and she does not seem to treat babies with much respect. I think she's out to make $$$$. Sorry not what you want to hear I'm sure, but the truth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I bought her book and we did the hwk she says u must do (sleep journal, work on communication, play etc) and after a week of that we implemented her sudden sleep recovery and it was literally a 24 hour miracle. My 7 month old son slept from 7pm to 630am and took all his naps .... He's a different bubba!! Sheynr's method is based on respecting the baby and communicating everything in a way they can understand. It's a lot more hard work than any other method BUT IT WORKS!!!!.... It's def not CC... If u do the hwk she says to there is almost zero crying!!!!!! My son cried for 30 seconds that first day .... And he was a marathon cryer if he wasn't fed to sleep!! Def give her a go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Um I still struggle w the lying still for a nappy change too ut I don't think she means dead still!!:-) just safe still!!!!!!:-) plus I know my boy understands me when I say lie still for mummy but he's an infant and gets distracted... It's a learning journey!!