Poll: Have you, or someone you know ever experienced:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CallaLilly View Post
    LOL! How random! But yeah they do. And donuts. Too many donuts...
    Both our boys had colic and it would get to the point where the only thing that would settle them would be to put them in the pram and walk and walk into the wee hours. And the bakery opens at 1am..
    Omg you sound like you've done some hard yards.

I'll have to try their donuts next time haha.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RastaMouse For This Useful Post:

Crescent  (18-11-2011)

CallaLilly is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011 - Funniest Member Award
    Donnybrook, WA (aka the middle of nowhere)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No I don't know- I got frustrated and handed the comp over to my hubby to "fix" and that's what he said; he's not here at the moment so I'll have to wait until he gets back. Probably I've quoted him wrong. I'll get there eventually.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow 80% ticked yes to PND I am sorry that it is so common and I am amazed it is so common.

Callalilly thank you for posting your story, I hope to see you around the forum and private area. The other lovely ladies who posted here are all part of my support network, amazing ladies who have been such a help to me since that area opened.

I have suffered from depression all my life, it has been very significant in determining the course of my life. I self medicated with alcohol and drugs all through my 20's and beyond. Life with my DH is the first time I have experienced stability and peace. Then the kids came along and PND hit. It was never dramatic for me, it was insidious, it snuck up on me until I was in a constant state of misery, anger, frustration, anxiety, emotional eating, self-hatred and though I was never actually suicidal, I often daydreamed what-if scenarios. I wasn't diagnosed until my youngest was 18mo. I have been having treatment for a year now and feel much better tho i still have bad periods.

i think a lot of women must suffer along with all these negative emotions because they feel that their symptoms are not bad enough to warrant help. I say if its bad enough to be having a significant on your home life and happiness, its bad enough to seek help.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Danic88  (26-11-2011),inkognito  (21-11-2011),MuminMind  (30-11-2011)

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    i think a lot of women must suffer along with all these negative emotions because they feel that their symptoms are not bad enough to warrant help. I say if its bad enough to be having a significant on your home life and happiness, its bad enough to seek help.
    Hear, hear!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    it just occurred to me why the %s are so high on the poll. there is no option for 'none of the above'. Would it make sense to add that option?

CallaLilly is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011 - Funniest Member Award
    Donnybrook, WA (aka the middle of nowhere)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing- I don't find it hard to talk about this stuff because I'm so used to being poked and prodded about it, but I know how hard it is for most, so kudos to you I've finally got to join the private discussion area, so I'll see you in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    l have never felt so alone as l did when l was suffering from pnd, but now l realise l was never alone and always had people there to listen l just needed the confidence to talk! There is nothing worse then crying non-stop for no reason and not being able to explain it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to caitlyn09 For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (30-11-2011)

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by caitlyn09 View Post
    l have never felt so alone as l did when l was suffering from pnd, but now l realise l was never alone and always had people there to listen l just needed the confidence to talk! There is nothing worse then crying non-stop for no reason and not being able to explain it!
    Hi caitlyn. It is great to hear that you have realised that you had supportive people around you. How are you going these days; do you consider yourself recovered?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had PND after the birth of #1. I talked to a phycologist when he was 6 weeks old and suspected it... she told me I wasnt depressed - i was just over tired. It took me 18 months and holding him over a balcony to go to another doctor - thank goodness something 'clicked' in my when i was holding him over the balcony and I went to the doctor and got put on medication. Hes now 6 and the most amazing child <3 I have had 2 children since him, and no PND - pregnant with #4 now, and hoping to not get it again!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to boomits4 For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (30-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Antenatal Depression and Severe PND in 2002 when I had my daughter. Was hospitalised for months and died twice in the ICU as a result of my suicide attempt. Everyone was surprised I survived. My ex took my then 5 month old baby and DOCS agreed this was for the best. It was Hell on earth.

No Depression whatsoever before or after the birth of my son last year - obviously, the circumstances are very different.

This is a subject I feel very strongly about. If you feel you're suffering Antenatal Depression or PND, please talk to someone you trust and see your doctor without delay.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

CallaLilly  (28-11-2011),Gothel  (21-11-2011),inkognito  (21-11-2011),MuminMind  (30-11-2011)