+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Student Midwife in Brisbane seeking generous women to follow through

I am about to enter my last year of a dual nursing/midwifery degree through the University of Queensland. Part of my program is to 'follow-through' a number of women through their pregnancy to promote continuity of care and our confidence/relationships with women during their pregnancy. I am currently based at the Mater Hospital and am seeking interested women giving birth in Brisbane and the surrounding areas. Please contact me via private message for further information or to chat
    Your help and interest is greatly appreciated!

King thoughts,
    your student Midwife Marlee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marlee
    Are you still looking for women? I am currently 18 weeks along, due 29/04/2012 and planning to deliver at the Redland Hospital. If I can help, let me know. Might be baby brain but I can't for the life of me work out how to send a private message!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello there!
    Lovely to hear from you, and congratulations on your pregnancy! I am definately still looking for women so if you are interested at all I can send you some information via email? My address is marleeadamson@gmail.com, so if you send me a little hello I can respond to you with the program brochure etc...
    Thanks for your interest, look forward to speaking soon!
    Marlee xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm birthing at gold coast hospital, is that too far? I'm due march 3rd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Boobycino! Thanks for your interest- sorry for slow reply!
    And congratulations on your pregnancy

I have checked and Gold Coast Hospital is fine, however as UQ do not have an agreement with Gold Coast Hospital to accommodate their students I would only be able to offer myself as a support person (i.e. although I am competent to handle the clinical aspects of your pregnancy/childbirth, as I am not insured at Gold Coast Hospital I would not be allowed to take over these cares but rather be another support person for you).. If this makes sense!?

Of course I would still love to offer support to you in any capacity, so if at all interested or any more questions please feel free to email me on the address listed in the post above. I can send you a brochure for the UQ Follow Through program if you like

Hope to hear from you, and good luck with it all!
    Marls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marlee, just sent you through an email. Im due 20th april having baby at mater, if you are still looking for mums to be..

Sent from my HTC Vision using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marlee,

Are you still looking for Mums? I am planning to give birth at a private hospital (Sunnybank), does that matter? Please let me know if I can be involved.

Raechel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marlee,
    Would be interested in hearing from you too
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marleejane!

I saw your post and it really caught my attention. How’s your degree? Are you through with it? When did you or will you graduate? You know what; I really appreciate what you’re doing. You’re helping out many pregnant women get through the whole process of their entire pregnancy.

I personally am a nurse from WA and I’m kind of getting an interest to “follow-through” pregnant women like what you are doing because I believe I’ll be able to help the future mothers. But before I could do that, I’d like to equip myself with all the knowledge I can get to be able to care and do my job effectively and efficiently. I have seen a site talking about offering online courses both undergrad and post grad degrees. I’m planning to take up master’s degree in nursing or other health sciences-related courses to upgrade my knowledge and gain continuous education. I learned that’s it’s the most convenient way and considering the cost, it’s too low compared to physical campuses but the professors are excellent and great news is that establishments nowadays accredit online universities. I hope this will take us further in our career. See if you decide to continue on your graduate degree: http://www.onlinecollegeclasses.com/

Best luck and God bless!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marleejane, are you still in your program?