+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Split stomach muscles?

Has anyone else had completely split abdo muscles and a hernia after a baby? And needed surgery? Just wondering about others experiences

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me.
    I haven't had surgery but i need it Just waiting until the end of the year to be 100% sure i am finished with children as once the muscle is sewn back up i don't want a pregnancy to un-do the work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That is what I was also considering. I do not want more kkids but I was worried it could happen by accident because I'm young and still have a long time of being fertile!! However I am planning on getting some more permanent contraception for my partner soon lol.. my stomach has a bulge as if I'm a few months pregnant and the skin around my belly button is wrinkled and my belly button pokes out. Its all very sexy.. Eek.. My tummy actually HURTS at the end of the day.. Like the muscles are tired.. It sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 32 weeks pregnant at the moment and have pretty severe abdominal separation. Been going to physio and will have to pretty intensively after bubs is born so hopefully I can avoid surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I totally understand.
    Your belly sounds just like mine, it bloats very easily and i have a pot belly. The skin all around the belly button is loose and wrinkled and my belly button is stretched out and is an 'outtie' now (used to be an innie). You can also literally see where my belly caves in - not nice at all. It looks very out place having a huge belly as i'm small everywhere else. It definitely hurts and my back suffers too
    I have done a lot of physio (daily for a year - and quite intensive) but mine won't ever go back on it's own so i have to have the surgery - which scares the crud out of me but also i can't wait to get it fixed.
    I feel 98% certain i don't want anymore but i do worry that in a few years time i will change my mind or what if i have an accident () - we are looking at a vasectomy for DH.

It is so unfair

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does this only happen below the belly button or above as well? Was it only noticeable after the birth? I'm a bit worried about a gap that's appearing under my belly button!

Thanks
    Reviews
    kingo - the muscle spreads from the pubic bone to right up to under your ribs but can split anywhere along it - usually around the belly button. My split goes right up above my belly button.
    If you are worried i would ask at your next appointment as the midwife/ob would be able to check it for you. It is very normal for the muscle to split (as it really has nowhere else to go) and happens to most pregnant woman - usually it doesn't stretch to far though and goes back together after the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    kingo - the muscle spreads from the pubic bone to right up to under your ribs but can split anywhere along it - usually around the belly button. My split goes right up above my belly button.
    If you are worried i would ask at your next appointment as the midwife/ob would be able to check it for you. It is very normal for the muscle to split (as it really has nowhere else to go) and happens to most pregnant woman - usually it doesn't stretch to far though and goes back together after the birth.
    Yikes! Thanks for that, I'll get my ob to have a feel next checkup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yep my hernia is the size of a man fist.
    They were going to fix it when I had my sleeve done but the equipment (patch thingy) was to small. My separation isn't that bad though. I am very grateful for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I work in aged care and I used to see old ladies showering etc with a big belly button and think oh you poor dear ha ha ha ha I thought it was part of old age!! Not bloody pregnancy! Oh I have done physio since I had my first and no good has come from it in all these years now :/