+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Anyone seen it? It was on earlier. It's a kid's movie (meant to be) but I'd never seen it. I saw it on the online TV guide and the fact it was aimed at children and it was on at 6.30pm meant I thought it was suitable. If my search engine worked I'd have looked it up to find out more about it. It was a full on horror movie - kiddy style! My poor little girl was terrified but had to watch it all the way through so she could see that it had a happy ending and could have some closure. I was horrified. I felt that way about Monster House too. Poor kid was so scared and I was a little frightened in it too.
    I hadn't seen it before last night either. I turned it on as she was walking into the kitchen to see her mother with button eyes. That freaked ME out as I hate all those dolls & things with button eyes, like those new dolls in the shops!

I wanted to turn over then but kids didn't want to. So we kept watching, not realising what was going to happen. After the ghost children I turned over but they complained ... My kids (aged 4 and 3) watched the whole thing & enjoyed it I think but i think only as they didn't understand it properly or see it through the same eyes as an adult iykwim?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not going to read 8pages of replies Lol

Tim Burton isnt really a normal kids-movie type. MY favourite movie is Nightmare Before Christmas and my DS loves it but it isnt exactly a good movie for kids who might be easily scared. I havent yet seen Coraline but everyone I know who has seen it has said it was in no way a kids movie. Guess its the tvs fault for putting it on at a child-friendly time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Not going to read 8pages of replies Lol

Tim Burton isnt really a normal kids-movie type. MY favourite movie is Nightmare Before Christmas and my DS loves it but it isnt exactly a good movie for kids who might be easily scared. I havent yet seen Coraline but everyone I know who has seen it has said it was in no way a kids movie. Guess its the tvs fault for putting it on at a child-friendly time.
    It's not Tim Burton but close!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    It's not Tim Burton but close!
    Holy cow! I thought it was...but I was judging by the previews I saw. Looked very much like his stuff. Learn something new everyday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For some reason I thought it would be like Matilda lol. I saw the people in and thought it would be like that but I'm not sure why. I also thought it was a real movie not a cartoon movie.

MrsHunidue is offline A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    my children LOVE it lol we have it on DVD with 3d glasses lol I have a 6 year old son and a 2 year old daughter lol each to their own lol

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I haven't read through the whole thread properly but have noticed a lot of Tim Burton references in relation to this movie.

I love Tim Burton. But he didn't direct Coraline
    I think I was the guilty party that first mentioned Tim Burton and honestly I am surprised it wasn't one of his movies. I assumed it was purely based on the style. He should sue, they stole his trademark look.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

share a book  (13-11-2011)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I think I was the guilty party that first mentioned Tim Burton and honestly I am surprised it wasn't one of his movies. I assumed it was purely based on the style. He should sue, they stole his trademark look.
    I think they are friends (Tim Burton & Henry Selick). They worked on The night before Christmas together, so i'm guessing they just enjoy the same genre

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't read all the replies but I watched Coraline myself when it first came out on DVD a few years ago, I think. I like animated movies. Anyway when I watched it without DD, I thought hey this is kind of scary and defnitely not for kids. So my DDs won't be watching it in the near future. Plus my DD1 is pretty sensitive anyway. I personally think it's aimed at much older children and adults, not little kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally wouldn't have let my kids watch it, but they ended up watching it with someone else. Surprisingly they weren't as scared as I thought (I would have been terrified as a kid!) But then DD1 tells me she is scared of Quest for Zhu (the Zhu Zhu pets movie) Weird how they can be scared of a movie about hamsters, but sit through Coraline...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chameleon For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (30-01-2012)