+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    ETA I generally don't assume that anything by Tim Burton is for kids, he is a bit ....kooky.
    I agree! DH and I watched it when it came out on DVD before we let the girls watch it and seeing as though it was so sinister we decided the girls could watch in a few years.

But having watched it again tonight, I don't think DD1 will be able to watch it any time soon. I also bought The Nightmare Before Christmas for our christmas eve movie this year, but having watched Coraline again, I'm reconsidering this choice!

2 Cherubs is offline Rah rah ah-ah-ah! Ro mah ro-mah-mah Gaga Ooh-la-la!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My other half said to me, Are you sure this is a kids movie??
    My DD said..Look mum they are pulling her eyes out...I was like OMG..
    Didn't realise it was so full on otherwise we wouldn't have put it on!

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My 10yo DD asked if we could watch something else probably 10 minutes into it ... and she doesn't scare easily. She said that there was something really creepy about the movie and she didn't want to watch it any longer.

This is a child who will happily watch pretty much any movie with us ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen it a couple of times and I find it um uneasy and creepy, I wouldn't let my niece watch it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son and daughter both LOVE that movie my son calls it freaky hands, igor is another favorite

Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tim Burton is awesome and known for his creepy. My favourite movie as a kid was The Nightmare Before Christmas (& still is )

I guess it depends on your child. His movies barring Sweeney Todd, too much blood even for me. haha. Are totally something I want my kids to watch and actually plan on making Nightmare Before Christmas part of our family Xmas tradition. Loved Coraline too.... But I am okay with the scary... I grew up with parents who were okay with me watching Stephen Kings at 8.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We usually record the kids movies to watch with DD when we feel like it, and I put it on after she went to bed lastnight to check it out.. Which I'm glad I did, because she'd have nightmares for weeks if she'd seen it. That sort of thing scares the sh!t out of her, the dark style etc.
    I personally LOVE that style of movie, and sat through the whole thing (much to DPs delight ).
    Nightmare before Xmas is one of my fav's but I wouldn't let DD watch it as I know it'll scare her.

But yeah as a PP said, it's pretty safe to assume anything by Tim Burton isn't *really* for kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My eldest boy LOVES Tim Burton movies, Nightmare before Christmas is his all time favourite movie, he adores Coraline and Edward sisscor hands also. And hired Monster house from the dvd store Thurs and has watched it 4 times, needless to say he loves that too. I'm fine with him watching those kinds of movies, I often have to explain bits to him, like the "scary old man" in Monster House, he was initailly a bit warey but once he saw that he was unhappy and became happy at the end, he loved the movie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love Tim Burton
    I would consider his movies more 'kid movies for adults' - if that makes sense.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (13-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like it, but it is definitely a bit creepy ... Even for me! I probably wouldn't let a kid watch it.