+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Coraline (movie)

Anyone seen it? It was on earlier. It's a kid's movie (meant to be) but I'd never seen it. I saw it on the online TV guide and the fact it was aimed at children and it was on at 6.30pm meant I thought it was suitable. If my search engine worked I'd have looked it up to find out more about it. It was a full on horror movie - kiddy style! My poor little girl was terrified but had to watch it all the way through so she could see that it had a happy ending and could have some closure. I was horrified. I felt that way about Monster House too. Poor kid was so scared and I was a little frightened in it too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Anyone seen it? It was on earlier. It's a kid's movie (meant to be) but I'd never seen it. I saw it on the online TV guide and the fact it was aimed at children and it was on at 6.30pm meant I thought it was suitable. If my search engine worked I'd have looked it up to find out more about it. It was a full on horror movie - kiddy style! My poor little girl was terrified but had to watch it all the way through so she could see that it had a happy ending and could have some closure. I was horrified. I felt that way about Monster House too. Poor kid was so scared and I was a little frightened in it too.
    I agree! Not what I expected!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I turned it on, and we watched it for a tiny bit in a tame bit. Then I looked at the button eyes, and suddenly had a flash back of watching a preview where the button eyed mother turns evil or something. The feel of it was very artsy cartoon, one that I would say is more for an adult even though it is a childs movie. I quickly turned it off and found "happy feet", thank goodness because I had promised DD she could stay up and watch the kids movie. I think Caroline is a lot worse than monster house because it plays on perception and has an in depth theme. I guess monster house does a little too, but it also has kids slapstick and funny parts. It was just a whole other feel for Caroline though. It creeped me out and we weren't watching a scary part!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never seen any previews even. Knew nothing about it at all before we watched it and when it first came on I was cooking tea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I've never seen any previews even. Knew nothing about it at all before we watched it and when it first came on I was cooking tea.
    Yeah, I am glad I remembered the preview and had sat down to watch it too, usually I am still cleaning up dinner at that time. My DD is only 3.5 so a bit different. Happy Feet was much more age appropriate! I think you did the right thing in letting your DD watch the happy ending, I think that would be less scary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember when she woke up early and put on Lake Placid :/ It was nearly at the end when I woke up (at 5.15am) so I let her watch it all to see that it wasn't really that bad. I watched it the night before and forgot to put it up but she was 6 at the time and I thought she wouldn't touch because she never had before that. Because I'd seen it I knew she'd handle it better if I let her finish it than if I turned it off then let her make up her mind about how it ended. Was a difficult decision to make.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 7 year old hates that movie. He's quite tough and it scared him We hired it when it came out and refused to watch it tonight. I actually don't like it at all either. Button eyes are creepy! Not for children at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    it is a bit full on and did scare alot of children when we saw it at the cinema

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i really enjoyed it, i went and saw it at the movies. the people who brought their children left as soon as it got scary...

then MIL took my son to see it (he was 5 at the time) without my knowledge and they hadto leave he was terrified. now he cant look at buttons without covering his eyes (he is 7 now)

i like it for me tho tis neat

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I took my niece to see it when it was on at the movies. She was 7 at the time. I was about 8 months pregnant and couldn't stay awake in a dark room and I felt so terrible because I found it quite scary, but my niece didn't seem to mind. Bad aunty.

ETA I generally don't assume that anything by Tim Burton is for kids, he is a bit ....kooky.
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 13-11-2011 at 00:21.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

naebie  (13-11-2011)