Closed Thread
Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I am new to this thread... can someone tell me what DHEA is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi

Dhea is a hormone that can help improve egg quality and egg numbers. You take it in pill form.

Afm, had my egg collection today and they only got three eggs. But devastated about that. Will find out today if they are mature enough for fertilization.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme1 I think 3 eggs is pretty good for a low amh, I only had 1 egg with my BFP back in 2010. for a great fert rate

M20 nice to hear from you - thanks for the encouragement. Hope you are going well

KandP Goodluck sounds like Wazza is getting close to getting you a BFP soon

Welcome Katfer, where are you up to with cycle 4?

Hi to everyone else and a special hello to Jaye & Chook

AFM I am waiting to hear how my b/t went today - these long cycles are so boring, have bruises all over my tum doing 3 jabs each morning and still have at least a week to go. So much is at stake for us this time as I think it will be our last attempt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Luckyme1 - 3 is good - I had 3 at my last stim cycle and all fertilised - one of the frozen resulted in a BFP (unfortunately I miscarried at 7 weeks)... a friend got only 1 egg, which is now her 1 year son...! Please don't lose hope... and thank you for letting me know about DHEA, I will ask my doctor about it tomorrow.

Nessika - thank you for the warm welcome. I am on day 5 today. My doctor has put me on a flare cycle on 450 gonal f. He wants to have my first scan on day 6 to see if I should be increased to 600 gonal f (my last cycle I started on 600)... I don't get many eggs, I am really scared that I am running out... MY DH is very positive and says I have to wait and see.. I have my scan tomorrow

I did 3e stim cycles last year - 1 month between. #1 failed- no transfer, #2 bio-chem preg, #3 BFN... I then took 5 months off, regular accupuncture, started with a naturopath, found out I have high natural killer cells and started pred steriods...then transfered my only 2 frozen and got a BFP - miscarried at 7 weeks...

I have hope for stim cycle #4... but I am scared.... I hope I get some eggs...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I posted this elsewhere but wanted to see if anyone in here might have had the same experience:

Ladies, i'm wondering if any of you who are currently taking prednisone are getting sick more often? I know it's an immunosuppressant but bloody hell - i got sick about 6 weeks ago (before i started it) and it seems i'm picking up every little thing. Usually my immune function is brilliant. I can't afford to take time off work, and i'm again having to take a couple of days off. I'm not even in a cycle right now (my last cycle was cancelled and i'm waiting for AF to show), so i'm ringing the clinic today to see if i can wean off it until i start my next cycle).

Thanks
    Reviews
    *pregnancy mentioned*

Good morning ladies!

Ness, am currently 28 weeks will be going for my glucose test later. So far so good but I do get quite a bit of aches and pains in my pelvic/groin area..last two days have been bad, had this right rib pain that doesnt allow me to sit or even sleep lying on my side. Ended up sleeping reclined on my massage chair last night, but I had the best sleep ever!

Kandp, I havent taken prednisone before so since it is an immunosuppressant i reckon it will have those effects of lowering your immune system. And being winter now, it doesnt help.

Luckyme1, hope to hear good news about the 3 eggs. My AMH is on the lower side. Last cycle I had I got only 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 immature but the 3 fertilised and gave us our current pregnancy. In cycle 2 and 3, I got 10-11 eggs each but didnt get any BFP at all. Fewer eggs may mean better quality from what I gathered. Dont despair, you never know.

Net3811, oh yes DH was on zinc too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Ness - I have everything crossed for you that this is the one . As a diabetic I can relate to the stomach bruises also!! I am currently injecting insulin 5 times a day instead of my pre BFP 3 times a day. I have used arnica cream in the past which is really good for the bruising but check with your FS first. I will be cheering you on from the sidelines

Kandp - I have been taking prednisolone every day for 5 years now for Rheumatoid Arthritis in fairly high doses and yes it is an imunosuppressant so unfortunately amongst other things can lead to you getting sick more often. Definitely make sure you wean off it and dont stop it suddenly.

Luckyme - I too have low AMH and low Antral follicle count. I dont get very good fert rates either the most I had was 2 fertilised eggs, but its true what they say, it only takes one. I think DHEA did the trick for me and I know how depressing it can be, but try to stay positive. My FS let me go for a day longer until pick up as I was getting a large percentage that were not mature which helped too

Hi to everyone else and good luck to all for your cycles

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LG38 For This Useful Post:

KandP  (31-07-2012),Nessika  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey LG - Thanks hon, I can't believe you have 5 jabs a day you poor thing does it hurt more when the stomach is so stretched as opposed to soft like mine. I was just having a whinge, my bruises aren't that bad, it's the accumulation of how much you put into this and what you have to endure with no guarrantee at all.

M20 Glad you are keeping well despite the discomfort of late pregnancy - not too long to go now.

KandP Hope you're feeling better soon and can start your next cycle feeling 100%!

Katfer I really hope #4 is your lucky BFP that sticks you really deserve a break too. It's not easy

Luckyme1 How did you go? Hope you'll be PUPO soon

AFM plagued by headaches, must be the Lucrin. Friday B/T and Scan hope to see some decent follies

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies,

KandP - I am on pred at 10mg per day. I have not been sick... I have a high Natural Killer Cells so maybe that is why... I do get tired but when on pred I can't sleep...

Luckyme1 - how did you go?

Nessika - you have your scan on Frioday - me too...! I had a 6 day scan today and all the doctor saw was a huge cyst...! I have my 9 day scan on Friday - I hope to see some good sized follicles on Friday...! So lets hope both of us have some great news on Friday...!!

Mom2one - it is so nice to hear form someone who has had success...!

afm - I had my early scan today (day 6)...dr didn't say much, not much to say I guess... he increased my gonal f to 600...and set a scan for day 9 - on friday...fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Well two eggs have fertilised and now we're waiting to see if any last to transfer tomorrow or Saturday. Fx fx.

Nessika good luck with the jabbing.