Closed Thread
Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsOC, huge congratulations to you

I don't know if i've posted in here yet, but i'm on my second round of IVF this month after a break through May. My first EPU yielded 9 eggs; 5 were mature, and 3 fertilised well. Sadly they didn't mature as fast/well enough as they'd like, and while i had a blasty and a morula transferred, they were not of a good grade. I got a BFN in May. My FS (Warren DeAmbrosis) thinks that, given my excellent hormone levels, it's an egg quality issue. He has subsequently thrown the book at me for this round - An antagonist cycle with 600iu FSH, Prednisone & clexane through the whole cycle, DHEA, Luveris (to start on CD8) and then Feldene after EPU.

I've never taken DHEA before, and i've been discussing how i'm feeling on it. For the ladies who have taken DHEA, did you feel quite jittery/stimulated when you first took it? I also feel more assertive, hehe (i had a meeting with my manager last week and was certainly not backwards in being forwards lol).

I'm feeling really good about this cycle and hope that with everything i'm on, it might help with my egg quality a little. My FS has also asked me to call my private health insurer to see if they'll cover a portion of Saizen. The idea of more injections doesn't sound fantastic - i'm on 3 a day so far, and that will go up to 5 per day once i'm on certritide and Luveris. I just keep telling myself "all for a good cause, all for a good cause!". I bought some arnica cream yesterday to see if it would help with my bruising too (i have two doozies so far from the bloody clexane)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Nessika - Thanks, I have been handling it all ok. I didnt even cry this time! I guess i was always subconciously expecting another failure...I have also since looked into that NaPro Technology that you suggested and they do have one in Brisbane, just not sure if it is worth the money for us (Im kinda over flushing all our money down the drain).

Luckyme1- Best of luck with your upcoming cycle! I hope it all goes well and we dont see you on here soon (IYKWIM!! )

KandP- Hi It seems that we share the same FS!! Warren is fantastic! He had me and DH on all the meds as well! I have since stopped the predisone but am continuing with the DHEA just in case. Last cycle I also added Luveris and if we go back for #5 Warren wants to also add saizen (my issues aside from endo and PCO is egg quality). Unfortunatley our health insurance doesnt cover us but hey whats another $2500...

AFM - So for the past week i have been dealing with everything really well and today...not so much . All I want to do is cry! Ive already argued with DH and while i was at the shops i couldnt help but start to feel hateful towards all the people there who cant afford to feed the children they already have but keep getting prgnant while drinking and smoking and eating crap all the time! I have spent the last hour on the couch in tears. Im finding it very difficult to get up and do anything...I'm hoping its all down to hormones as if i go by EPU i should expect my periods tomorrow.

I have also been to-ing and fro-ing between going back to do one last cycle with my eggs or to move straight onto DE. I just dont know what to do! I just want to be pregnant but I dont want to waste any more time on my eggs if they wont work but i want to make sure that before we move onto DE we have tried everything for my eggs. If we were to do a DE cycle it probably wouldnt happen until next year and I just dont want to sit around and do nothing to actively try and get pregnant. Some of my friends are beginning to think about having babies and I just dont want to have to put on my brave face as the begin to annouce their pregnancies as the rest of the year rolls on. And theres also the money factor, $5500 OOP for another cycle with my eggs using Saizen or $7000 OOP for a DE cycle. If I do try one more cycle with my eggs will I be wasting that $5500? Or should I just go stratight to DE and hopefully not waste an extra five grand! OMG I feel so messed up today

Sorry about all that, I hope everyone else is having a great Sunday! The weather up here in Brissy is lovely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsOC What can you say sometimes miracles happen - obviously all the supplements helped but still this is special

LG Thanks for the good vibes I'm going to need them! I have also requested PICSI for this cycle - can't believe how fast the months are flying by you are over the halfway mark now

Luckyme1 Ask your Clinic about HA aka PICSI I think they all do it but for some reason never suggest it I learn't about it from LG & another lady when we were all in a cycle back in Jan. It's so much to take in re planning how to cope & all the what if's. Let's just see how you go, you might be one of the lucky ones who get a BFP on her first round of IVF

KandP Great to hear you are feeling so positive about this cycle - have heard many wonderful things about Warren too. Dhea did have that affect on me too, it was hard to tell at times but I think it made me angrier - I was on it for several months but have decided to try this cycle without it & just use Saizen. 5 injections p/day is a lot to get your head around ((Ouch)) but it will be so worth it when you get your BFP

Abubby BIG I can't believe you didn't cry already, man I bawl my eyes out & I struggle with feelings of resentment towards others too. It's an especially difficult time when AF comes straight after IVF. Also fight with DH too. Just wanted to you to know that you are not alone and you will feel a lot better soon. You've got a lot on your mind too with what to do next, in my experience we need a bit of time to get over it as it does take a huge toll on you in all ways including financially and make your decision when you're feeling a bit stronger & happier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again ladies, it's very exciting! Lucky me, dh had no probs really they said some were slow but he had 20% more than normal so it made up for it I think. But they do have fertilaid for men, might be worth your while trying.

Good luck girls I wish you will all be successful soon xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Abubby, i can hear your grief. I think you have a very hard decision to make. If I were you, and I may be in your boat if Ivf doesn't work for me, I would work backwards on your decision. Because although donor eggs have a higher success rate there is no guarantee with that either.

You should join the forum Aussie egg donors where lots of women there are sharing their stories of using donor eggs it may help you get your head round it.

What I mean to say is it may take three donor cycles before you get pregnant and do you have enough money for that on top of a saizen cycle. I'm not sure how old you are either as you may want to take that into consideration as to how long you do each step for. I'm an old duck at 39 so I definitely don't want to be doing this at 45.

Also have you considered permenant care or long term foster care. I have and that is my back up plan if I don't get preggers with either Ivf or donor.

This is my thought process anyway, I will do three or four cycles of Ivf and three of donor and if none of that works then we will foster. My main reason for having another child is a sibling for ds and I love being a parent so if we have to give up on our genetics then so be it.

Plus the money, it's just so expensive. But we all have different limits we can bear.

You may have different reasons for doing this than me but I thought my thought process may help you.

Good luck abubby, we are here for you. Big hugs and vent and cry here all you want, this is such a f...ed process and is like torture for us women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning & to everyone.

Boy it's been quiet on here!! Well I'm back into another cycle, have been jabbin for 4 days but the stims start next week. Feeling weird about being with a new clinic & FS now - yesterday he was a bit patronising as I had asked for PICSI & he didn't understand why considering DH is normal etc & I said b/c I've heard of others doing it and I thought it might improve my chances and he asked "Who the scientist was?" LOL

Hope everyone is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

It's been a long time since I posted here on this thread. I just came back from my long overdue holiday, so pardon me as I think I am lost.

I see good news! MrsOC, congratulations!!! I am really so thrilled and excited for you and your DH on your baby girl!!! Wishing you an uneventful pregnancy!

Nessika, see that you are cycling. We did PICSI too cos of DH's problems but there is no harm doing it even if your DH is fine. cycle #8 is the one for you!!!

Luckyme1, TCM unfortunately did not seem to improve my DH's sperm condition which has always come back bad. We have spent a lot on TCM but more for me. I would say ICSI is a good idea. I read that even with couples with no male issues, ICSI is good to use as it improves chances of fertilisation. Yeah it seems like nothing will really improve on sperm condition but I put DH on high dose Vitamin C and E for a while as they are all antioxidants. Antioxidants seem a great start since it helps with DNA damage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mom2one if you don't have hubby on zinc, I think you should. You too! Sympathies on the TCM expenses, I've spent an awful lot myself. Good luck vibes for all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - i haven't been back to this thread for a while! So much has happened since my last post. My cycle was cancelled due to me being put on the wrong medication - long story - but it meant that my progesterone levels were high in the first half of my cycle, which isn't good and it thinned my lining out. So, that was the 4th July, and we're now waiting waiting waiting.

So... last week i had some brown spotting and sore boobs, but now, nothing! So i had a BT yesterday, and a BT & Scan today. It seems that there are follies growing with one 22mm lead follie on my right ovary. This in itself is amazing, as with my first cycle, my RH ovary was completely inactive. I'm wondering if the DHEA may have something to do with it? Anyway, i have to go back for a BT tomorrow to see if i'm going to ovulate. If i do, then DH and i have to "take full advantage" and then i'll be on progestrone pessaries and pregnyl for 2 weeks. If AF arrives, i'll start my next IVF cycle and if by chance it doesn't, yay! I'm glad that we're doing it like this - Wazza is taking every opportunity to get me with child

Hopefully my LH surges in the next day or two.

PS: The oily skin and pimples have arrived with a vengence from the DHEA - it's not crazy bad,but i've had to buy oil control lotion from Dermalogica to combat it, and even then it's not stopping it, just keeping it at bay. I also have some pimples on my back and around my shoulders. SO SEXY.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi KandP

I've started my cycle too. Hopefully it works and we get an embryo! Not feeling as achey and they've seen 6 follicles on my ultrasound on Wednesday. I hope they last and maybe get one more. Does anyone know if six follicles mean six eggs?

I'm feeling ok about it all. I was waiting to be a gibbering wreck but I'm quite composed. I think this is because I feel ok if it doesn't work because we have a beautiful boy already. We will give it our best shot. We are open to doing DE if my eggs don't work, so we have a back up plan.