Closed Thread
Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for your responses....it was a long weekend for me and I needed to stay distracted from anything fertility/IVF...my scan is tomorrow so I will know if it's a go ahead or not tomorrow.
    Thanks Nessika - it has been such a big shock for me, as I thought we were facing MFI and nothing else. Thanks for your hopeful story. My DH and I decided to have a few months break if this cycle is cancelled or doesn't work, and I seemed to feel relieved with that decision but now I don't know what I feel. I am feeling very negative and "poor me" about this too - I wish I could get some positive mojo back - I use to be such a positive person...[

I am planning to write a list of questions tonight for tomorrow, and my FS better not be in a "in and out" mood tomorrow (he's nice but very busy).

Thanks Beta - I will be asking about AMH - I don't think my FS took it and if he did, and it was low, I am furious that he didn't tell me. I am certainly someone who needs to know where things stand, the same with my DH.
    I am already prepared for the worst news (the imagination is a wonderful thing).

Hopefully I will gather as much info at tomorrow's appt, see how things go then go to another FS when I am ready to go again.

A big fat congrats to you by the way!!

Hi Luckyme1 - I didn't think I could feel more devastated after the first cycle was cancelled, but the universe proved me wrong after this cycle's bad results...I just want tomorrow's appt to be over. The Fert pysch was good to talk to and I'm seeing him again in a week. I feel like I'm living in a nightmare but trying really hard to think that there's so many other things that could be worse. I think it's finally hit my DH that our situation is really not good... thanks for your words..

Can I ask a question about stimming? Is it true that the longer you stim, the lower quality your eggs become? If I do end up triggering tomorrow, then EPU won't be until Day 19, and I've been on puregon since Day 6...that's not good for eggs is it? I have been taking COQ10 for a couple of months though...

Thanks for your responses....there's so many levels to fertility IVF, and it's so hard to find anyone to talk to about this...I think I may hang around this thread if thats ok...

I will share how my scan goes tomorrow..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Renvind I don't think you should be worried about the #of days stimming - it sounds like the same as most of us do. Sorry that you are feeling so anxious, we can really relate & hope you get some better news tomorrow Pls hang around as long as you need to but hopefully you'll be a graduate soon like so many others

Abubby You've been through a hard time of it too Wishing you much luck for a sticky BFP cycle #4. Dhea is definitely not controvercial on this thread nearly all of us are using it and a lot of ladies have graduated saying that Dhea was a big help.

AFM I'm up to cycle Day 3, always feel totally yuck leading up to AF. I have been doing research on poor ovarian reserve for ages now - I have consistently found that yoga to improve pelvic blood flow & acupunture to increase ovarian blood supply & of course supplements such as CoQ10 can help. And a lot of ppl believe Dhea can help improve egg # & quality. Then there is the Gluten free aspect too. Pretty much doing all of the above with the hope that this will improve my chances for when the cycle #8 in a few months.

Chook how are you going with your more scientific research of late? I wish they would hurry up with this brilliant idea that can help us grow new eggs from our own ovarian cells. I hope you get your miracle soon

Lucky how are you travelling? When ar you planning to do your 1st IVF cycle?

Jaye Thinking of you and hope you pop in with some news on your progress soon

M20 hope you're enjoying your family trip O.S

LG really love to hear how you are going

Beta Glad to see things are still going really well for you since you first told us about your BFP

Hi to all the other ladies who have graduated or on a break
    Last edited by Nessika; 04-06-2012 at 14:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for no personals yet, just trying to get to know everyone and their journeies!

Nessika- I have been going to BodyBalance classes twice a week for the past 12 months and since January have been on a low gluten diet (mainly for endo) so Im also hoping that gives us better results.

Just a question - Im going to bring up the idea of HCG primming with FS tomorrow. I have done some research on the internet but would live to know if anyone here has tried it and if so did you get a better haul of mature eggs?

Hope everyone had a good Monday,
    Cheers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi abuby

I'm not at the Ivf stage yet so I haven't used hcg. But I do remember nessika using it.

Afm, we had our first blood test of cycle tracking. I think my obs wants to see where my hormones are at in my cycle, plus they give advice on when is the right time of the month to Dtd. Not expecting much out of it though.

I got my results in the afternoon and I have to go in again on wednesday for more bloods and an ultrasound. Bubby has to come with me for the ultrasound so I have to put him in the corner so he can't see. It's pretty quick so we should be ok.

The funny thing is we are going away on saturday and staying in a hotel room. Bubba is sharing with us so I hope that we don't have to Dtd that day otherwise we will have to send him for a walk around the block with his uncle. Lol

Dtd is so hard with a baby around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!
    Does anyone know that if stopping dhea prior to an IVF cycle will have any effect? Will it decrease the egg quality again?
    I had to change FSs a month or so ago as my old one went on maternity leave.
    My new FS took me straight off the DHEA as he said it doesn't work Odd because him and my old FS work in the same clinic...funny how oppinions are different in the same place!
    (Personally I don't agree with my new FS as I have read so many success stories on here but I was willing to do what he said so that the dhea didnt interfere with any of his protocol. He also has extremely high success rates so i trust him...)
    Anyway, so I stopped the DHEA about a month ago in the middle of an IUI cycle (resulted in a BFN), I haven't been on the stuff since and am due for EPU with donor ICSI on Friday.
    I am worried that because I have stopped the DHEA prior to this IVF cycle that all those months taking it was for nothing
    I began the dhea in december last year....was on 25mg twice a day for 3 months and then reduced to 25mg once a day for a month......

Can anyone relate to this? Do you think I'll be all good?

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Chook - Your body is giving you mixed messages isn’t it? Perhaps it is a matter of timing, hopefully very soon that timing will be right and they will catch an egg!! Glad that you are looking forward to China, I guess that is one small thing we have over people with kids, we don’t have to wait till retirement to see the world...... I know I know, If we only had a choice. Still, a month off travelling does sound great.

Nessika – How are you feeling? hon. No darl your post wasn’t totally wacked. Me watching a zoo program and crying when the damn elephant got pregnant.... that’s wacked!!! I hope you are feeling better though hon. I think we wouldn’t be human if these things didn’t get to us at some point.

Renvind - There are probably a number of reasons women don’t respond to the stimms, low reserve is only one of them. I noticed you have used synareal for both your cycles. I would be asking for an antagonist cycle. Synareal can over suppress your ovaries (especially with poor AMH if you have it) and make the FSH injections less effective. It is used very rarely for poor responders. It really boggles my mind that AMH isn’t a standard test for all patients, they can use it to predict the does of FSH to prescribe. I was 27 when mine came back undectable, I’m so glad my FS did the AMH as standard pre IVF testing no matter what age or else I would wasted a lot of time with cancelled cycles.

As for the longer you stimm the less quality the eggs..... Don’t know. I do know that if they grow too quick then they aren’t as good. How did your appointment go?

Abubby - I guess your looking only at the increased egg quality for DHEA rather that more egg numbers. There are plenty of stories from both sides. You are young and DHEA has a better effect the younger you are, which is good news. I believe I have had better egg quality and numbers on DHEA.

Dandelion – I actually stopped my DHEA about a week before my last cycle, my FS said it wouldn’t have effected that cycle. (this is my not so professional opinion!!!) Your eggs have a three month life cycle so if you have been off for a month then the eggs you use in the next cycle would have had 2 months exposure to the DHEA. Maybe give your FS what they want this time but insist on the DHEA next time. I’m pretty bad with following directions of FS’s and do what I like though

AFM – pfffft. AF is playing hide and go seek, she is giving me grief already but isn’t knocking on the door yet. Thanks for asking Ness. I’m just waiting for AF to rock up then will have a baseline scan to see if I have any cysts that will delay this cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abubby I have heard of HCG priming when they use low dose pregnyl I know of 2 graduates from this thread who did that - what did FS say?

Luckyme1 have a nice wknd away hope DS isn't a light sleeper

Dandelion trust your FS - if he's got a great success rate that's awesome for Friday let us know how you go

Jaye Gee you made me smile about pregnant elephant - but it was bitter sweet with understanding we've got problem with slater bugs in bathroom - there have been grumpy morning mutterings to myself about how bloody fertile even they are. It's a good idea to at least try and enjoy the freedom you have atm. I hope you lose it soon though if you KWIM Hope AF comes without any nasty cysts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u Jaye and Nessika for ur replies...I know I should just put complete faith into my FS and stop second guessing everything...so hard though when I am an google addict and have information coming to me from all directions

Best wishes to you all you lovely ladies xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope everyone is well!

Dandelion- I am on DHEA and FS told me to drop the dose from 2 a day to 1. Not sure why but anyway!

Jayemkayare - I nearly cried when I read your post about the elephant thing...Ive done exactly the same when I watched the show Zoo days when they did IVF on a Rhino...and it worked first go!

Renvind - Isn't it funny how we go into this because of one issue (that can be easily overcome) but end up having to continue for totally different reasons! It totally sucks! Not sure about the egg quailty and extra stim days but on our last cycle we stimmed for an extra day to try and get some mature eggs and we did...1, which never fertilized. So it maybe that your body needs the extra time. Have you asked your FS about 'coasting'? It's when they let you go a day or so more without any FSH before you trigger.

AFM - Well scan on Tuesday went well, I started jabbing that morning! This cycle we are doing Puregon (116iu), Clexane and we have added the Luveris. FS was happy to add the Luveris. I have done some research into a study since then that suggests that hCG 'primming' leads to more mature eggs, which is my issue! I get heaps of great looking follies but when they retrieve my eggs they are all bloddy immature (but if left overnight will mature?!?!?!?!?!?).

I am feeling very overwhelmed at the moment. I sat in the nurses office at 6:30 Tuesday morning just staring at the wall think 'number 4, number 4...is it going to be any different????'. I am absolutely petrified that we will get the same result as the last three egg pick ups. Its not the needles or EPU that scares me, its the emotions! I know that this is the last cycle we have to try with my eggs, next it will be onto a donor (we have had a friend offer) and I don't know if I can ask her to go through all of these injections and hormones just for my selfish needs. Im so scared that I could just run away so I didnt have to deal with this...

I am making an appointment to see the clinic pysc but does any one have any suggestions on how they deal with these emotions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

It is quiet but I know there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

Dandelion Did you have EPU today Hope you are resting and got a great haul let us know when ET is

Abubby This is really such a hard thing to go through good question about how to deal with the emotions. I've been getting stuck into one fertility book after another lately and my aunt sent me another one which I recieved today
    Here's what they say about reducing stress
    • Talk to your partner
    • Realize you're not alone. Talk to other ppl with IF, through councelling or support groups.
    • Read books on infertility, which will show you that your feelings are normal and can help you deal with them.
    • Learn stress reduction techniques such as meditation, yoga, or acupunture.
    • Avoid taking too much caffeine or other stimulants.
    • Exercise regularly to release physical & emotional tension.
    • Have a medical treatment plan which both you and DP are comfortable.
    • Learn as much as you can about the cause of your infertility and treatment options available.
    • Find out as much as possible about your insurance coverage and make financial plans regarding your fertility treatments.
    I know we are all pretty much doing all of the above. Jus finished a book called Inconceivable by Julia Indichova she was turned away by IVF FS' b/c her FSH was 42 & so was she. It has been the most inspiring book I've ever read regarding infertility & made me feel better as her FSH was v high and she is older & yet she still had her 2nd baby.