Closed Thread
Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Nessika

Sorry to hear you're having a bad day. Fertile people are annoying, although I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Sorry to heat hubby is against donor eggs. Maybe he will come round in a few months time? Have you thought about going to counselling. This is such a dreadful time for you and any help you can get will help you get through it, whatever happens.

Afm, had my period, but saw the doc yesterday. She said I could still get pregnant, and she also said Ivf may not work for me but we will only find out by trying. I will probably be menopausal in the next five years so time is an issue for me.

She also said donor eggs may be an option not that far down the track. I just have to find one!

First though we are tracking my cycle then they will clean my tubes out and go from there. Feeling positive we are getting more help.

We also have a back up plan of donor eggs in south Africa if we can't find one here. You can compensate them in south Africa and use an agency so it is easier to find them.

Hope everyone else is travelling ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but wasn't sure where else to post.

We are doing IVF due to MFI. However my first cycle was cancelled as I didn't respond well to the medication (I had about 3 appropriate sized follicles) - I was on 150 puregon. This was the protocol that uses the Synarel from Day21; Puregon from Day 6 of next cycle.

I have started my second attempt and today is Day 12. Same protocol - my puregon dose increased to 250.

I have just recieved blood test for my FSH levels and I was told that they are the same as last time despite the increase in puregon.

I have a scan on Tuesday, so this will be Day 17, to see whats happening in there.

Why would I not respond? Is it because I have low AMH (this has not been tested yet but it is now on my agenda for my appt next Tuesday).

what other reasons would cause this? I have been told I have a small polyp from a previous ultrasound...

If my scan reveals the same amount of follicles this time round, should I continue the cycle - last cycle I cancelled before EPU.

Is there anything else that people can share to help me understand, or give me hope?

My questions may seem stupid, sorry, I'm just so upset right now and have no idea what is happening with me and can't really think. I have made an appt with the FS psych tomorrow but not sure whether their role is to talk about this stuff....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckyme1 thanks for understanding - was having a bad day. A real why me, it's so unfair blah blah. You're so right I wouldn't wish this on the rest of the population but we are in the minority & it just hurts so much
    My mum had early menopause @ 43 at the time I was 23 & had no idea that this stuff could be genetic?? Do you know if your mum was young for M?
    Well it wasn't all bad news yesterday Wishing you all the luck that you get some good eggs coming up soon.

Renvind Welcome & none of your questions seem stupid at all. It is tres confusing when it doesn't go to plan. I'm not going to attempt to explain the situation b/c I don't really know what's going on for you but just wanted to give you hope my 1st cycle was cancelled, 2nd more upsetting with 2 eggs not fertilising but 3rd time was lucky. Ask as many questions to FN's & FS as possible call them if you are worried you are paying big $$, sometimes it takes a couple of tries to work out. You're at a really good age statistically & let us know how you're feeling.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nessika For This Useful Post:

Renvind  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Renvind
    I popped in here and noticed your queries about AMH... Personally I cannot believe this isn't tested prior to commencing IVF (although I know one clinic in melbourne are looking at making it part of their protocol). If I were you I would most definitely have an AMH test ( it costs about $60 out of pocket and it is your right to have the test). Just keep in mind the results can be extremely distressing, and some FS may test without you knowing, give you the protocol that suits your AMH but not tell you the results. Some FS don't see the point in upsetting people.. However it does help you plan life ahead if you know is my feeling. I asked for the test after my first cycle revealed 9 follicles but only one egg on PU.

I was absolutely shocked as had no idea I had infertility. My AMH was 2.1 and a nurse randomly told me during a consult. I will never forget it, it was one of the most devastating things I have ever dealt with.
    If yours is low, don't despair, there are loads of success stories, hopefully mine included as am 7 weeks
    Very best of luck to you and please pm if you need any further info. Btw make sure you have the best FS who doesn't waste cycle after cycle trying to get things right. When I left my old clinic and moved to a new FS I got a BFP first go because my FS is thorough on every level... Including with MFI.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nessika

It is really hard isn't it. Big hugs and if you want to do a why me post we're here for you.

My mum had her menopause at 55 so I don't know why mine will be early. The doctor doesn't know either maybe we'll get more answers with investigations.
    Last edited by Luckyme1; 01-06-2012 at 08:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beta congratulations on your bfp!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Renvind Beta's points are very helpful - I also was not aware of my amh level which was 1 at the time of BFP. It's true they don't want to scare us too much but if you do get low amh result just remember that a lot of ppl get BFP's as quality of the egg not the # of eggs which is most important.

Jaye how are you going - have you started yet?

Hi Chook, Lucky, LG, M20, Beta & all the other ladies have a great weekend

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nessika For This Useful Post:

Renvind  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi renvind

I can't help you with your questions but understand how sad and upset you must be feeling. The body is such a mysterious thing that I think the doctor's don't really know why some women can have babies and some can't. I think it's just trial and error sometimes.

But it is stressful cos it's your body they're experimenting on, plus this is about your dream, so it is so hard. I think the fs psych will help with your questions. I found them very helpful too. This is a tough journey.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Renvind  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    Beta congratulations on your bfp!
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Im hoping I can join this thread, not sure if i qualify so I've give a little ou=f our IVF journey so far.

Originally we had to do IVF due to MFI and when we started our first cycle every went to plan - great number of follies, good sized eggs but on EPU all 11 eggs were immature (thus thrown out). Since we moved Drs it has since been recognised that I have Endo and PCO and about 10 days ago had a LAP to remove a small amount of endo and two large cysts on my ovaries.

This cycle I am taking DHEA, Metformin, Predisone, Feldene, asprin along with countless natural suppliments (including CoQ10).

Hubby and I are about to embark on our fourth IVF ICSI cycle with a new Dr and I would love to know any results others have gotten on DHEA as I know it's a little bit contriversial in IVF circles.

Thanks