Closed Thread
Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ness, very glad to hear you are giving up sugar and gluten, as well as all the rest! I gave up sugar for the past 4 months, on this cycle I had no side effects whatsoever from the IVF drugs. I definitely put that down to my hormones balancing from no sugar, I used to feel my insulin go up when I was hungry and I'd get all shaky now I just feel hungry. I also felt tile cr*p for the 1 st 2 months after giving it up ( I used to eat chocolate like it was a meal and sweets after every meal) but after 2 months I felt awesome, although maybe it was dhea, but I really think no sugar has helped no end.
    Are you gluten intolerant? My sister went through IVF, she has celiac disease and is very strict about gluten, she also needed clexane post ET due the gluten intolerance being an autoimmune disease.
    Good luck with giving stuff up, it's hard but needed when you get that BFP anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kayjaye, sending vibes, sending vibes! Enjoy your break, I went to the USA for 2 weeks and it was so nice to get away from IVF, I dreaded starting the next cycle on my return!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Gosh KandP just wanted to ask about the 2K DHEA? I was on 3 per day, it's $75 per month. I also snuck some in from the USA a few months ago, it was about $10 over there and I was able to empty them into a current DHEA container, they didn't look I the end.. Anyway I'm sorry to hear about your bfn. I would recommend dhea though, I really think it has been one of the things that has helped me get a BFP. Best of luck to you. Let me know if you need any info on dhea.
    We must have heard him incorrectly! I'm definitely thinking about it - Can I ask the ladies who are taking DHEA, if you've had any negative side effects?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    KandP I needed to wash my hair daily instead of second daily to keep in clean/shiny looking. I think my face feels a bit oily but it doesn't look any different, certainly friends have commented my skin looks well (without knowing I'm.on it)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

KandP  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Kandp - Sorry re your BFN. The 2k extra per cycle that your FS was probably referring to is Human Growth Hormone, other wise known as Saizen. I did not take it, that was going to be my next step but DHEA did it for me finally. DHEA is about $80 per script and you take one capsule 3 x per day. My hair is still very oily from it and I too have to wash it every day and I have very oily skin still and get more pimples than I've ever had before in my life but its a small price to pay. Nessika will be able to tell you more about HGH as she has taken it in her cycles.

Ness - couldn't agree more re the fertile people. Its very hard to watch and puts a lot of pressure on your friendships. You must be getting ready for your next cycle. I will be cheering you on from the sidelines hon

Little feet - sorry for your BFN, each time hurts a bit more but somehow we get the strength to go again. I am from the UK also, hopefully the weather will be kind to you, but it wont matter too much anyway when you are with your family

Hi to Chook, Jaye and anyone else I have missed

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LG38 For This Useful Post:

KandP  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Little feet, so sorry. This really is a s*** time for you, big hugs, we are here for you when you need to vent. The uk will be really great, a break, fun and holiday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I just wanted to pop in and hopefully give some hope. I am 10.5 weeks UTD (scared as anything that something will go wrong but also so excited). I have a low AMH of less than one.

My first cycle left me devastated when it failed but thanks to some kind words from Jaye I managed to see the light. I had two follies (600 gonal) and at EPU they found 3 eggs but they were all bad and did not even make it to ICSI.

We were then given the donor talk and we decided on South Africa after some research. I hadn’t totally given up on my own eggs and we (more me) were determined to try again. My second cycle was cancelled half way through due to AF stopping and then starting again. AF came to visit far too often for my liking every 16 -18 days sometimes less! There was no answer for this perhaps due to my AMH?

My third cycle I didn’t hold high hopes after what happened with the first but I was determined to try of course. We had decided on IUI, as it is a lot cheaper. FS advised if there were more than two follies he could not do IUI and would have to be IVF/ICSI (of course this did not bother us). There ended up being 5 follies and even FS couldn’t believe it! However EPU came and only one egg! I actually was ok as after my first experience I was mentally more prepared.
    Well this one egg fertilized (ICSI) and stuck and I got my BFP!
    - Also we had changed to Purgeon same dosage (instead of Gonal) as nurse said sometimes it can make a difference but I guess we will never know.

I had been on DHEA for around 3 months when I did my third cycle and I can’t help but feel this is what got me there. Although I only had one egg, it was a good one (compared to 3 bad on my first cycle).

DHEA kicked in after about 8 weeks and then began the oily hair, pimples on my stomach and all over my back and slightly on my shoulders (I couldn’t wear a singlet) and the sweating! I have never been a sweaty person but after a walk I looked like I had run a maraton. Also the amount of hair I lost was ridiculous but I would do it all over again with out a doubt.

My TTC journey obviously started before the IVF but in brief I wasn’t ovulating so technically this was the first time my eggs and DH sperm have ever met so trying to put a good spin on it my odds are pretty good right!

Jaye again thank you for responding when you did after my first cycle, I was so gutted and felt so alone, you really made a difference for me. I wanted to write something nice when you posted you were having a hard time but I not the best with words but I was thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

If it hadn’t have been for google and this forum I might not have tried again with my own eggs due to what FS had said but when you read so many stories where people have tried and tried again it gave me hope and the courage to try again and I am so thankful for everyone's stories.

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    SG79 – Congrats!!!!! I thought your FS gave up on you a little too soon. Enjoy every minute!!!

Littlefeet -

KandP – go with the DHEA, if your FS is suggesting it. And as somebody else suggested I think you have gotten the DHEA mixed up with the growth hormone which works in a similar way to the DHEA but is far more potent, my FS explained it only helps with quality as it is given too late in a cycle to help with numbers. DHEA is taken right through and therefore can help with both. I’ve been on DHEA for well over a year now and I think just in the last 3-4 months the side effects have become unbearable, up to then I have to say it wasn’t that bad.

Chook - congrats on the follie, does this change your plans at all? Why couldn’t they catch it for EPU? Wasn’t this your FS’s plan with you, to do natural cycle IVF?

AFM – Sorry, I haven’t been on much but I’m finding bubhub world nearly as painful as real world. I feel the same about new IVFers as I used to feel about fertile people now. Sorry, don’t mean to offend I hate myself for it but I can’t help it. I’m facing a life without a family, it is really hard, and there really isn’t that many people who can relate to that.

Well, my appointment with FS went OK. He kinda gave us everything we wanted. Although we did get another down grade when he told us even surrogacy would not be a good option given my egg reserve and quality. I really am a broken dud of a woman, my DH is so damn lucky isn’t he.

Anyway I had a second lipiodol today and am booked on for next AF for our last cycle. We will do the HGH and FS is looking into an intralipid infusion, I really hope this goes ahead He wasn’t convinced on the clexane, prednisalone or asprin but I’m going to do them anyway. I have repeats on all the antibiotics from previous cycles and I’m throwing them in as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jaye Depending on what's going on you can't get away from the pain sometimes cyberspace of IRL. Just wanted to wish you loads of luck for your upcoming cycle, HGH definitely improved quality & in my case numbers at least neither FS corrected my assumption & went along with it. Perhaps this is just what you need - in combination with all that you and FS are doing this will get you your baby. Where there is hope there is a chance

Littlefeet I am so sorry to hear about your BFN - a few of us here are hurting with secondary IF. I hope your journey isn't over, DH may still be reacting to the grief. Wish I knew an easier way with a better outcome - i'm still looking for answers and almost at the end of my IVF journey with or without # 2. Have fun on your trip it's good to have something to look forward to

SG79 Enjoy being UTD - so glad you didn't give up!

Hi everyone else I will be back to catch up on more personals later

Thanks
    Reviews
    KandP sorry about your BFN & I hope you have much better luck with your next cycle. I am going to be using HGH for the 3rd time for my next cycle weirdly @IVFA it was only 1K but I have now switched clinics & they said it's 2K. It gave me better results as I have AMH <1 & had 1 egg fert rate which increased to 3 egg fert rate both times HGH. I was also on dhea but on it's own it didn't give me any increase. However I have seen many ladies swear by dhea & would definitely give it a try first as it may be all you need to give your eggs the boost in quality etc.

DH & I went for our first tests yesterday I had an u/s which showed a good size follie on left side & a couple of follies on the right so I guess you never know DH had a sperm DNA test done, there has been no suggestion he has a problem but FS wanted to rule it out.

LG, Lucky, Jaye,Chook,Dandelion,Littlefeet,Kattub,SG79 & everyone else