Closed Thread
Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all, I think I posted a few months back, then I entered a 3 month IVF break and stopped looking at BH or google and tried not to think about it all.

I started my third cycle with a new FS in April, after taking DHEA for 3.5 months, weekly acupuncture, TCM, and removing sugar from my diet. Whatever it was its worked as I got my BFP today. I guess I just wanted to pop in and wish all low responders (and everyone else!)the very best. My AMH is 2.1 and I truly believe a 3 month break with my chosen health kick regime as well as a FS who finally investigated everything got me the BFP. It's very early days yet, but hcg is 449 11 days post fresh 5dt.

Best of luck to you all! And for those who have a recent BFP, maybe I'll see you in a January due thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Chook!
    Wow Beta thanks for popping in - thats fantastic news and you enjoy your pregnancy I hope everything goes smoothly for you

I'm off on a weeks break where I'm not thinking about anything to do with IVF or babymaking (other than sex for fun ) So I'll see you all when I get back and I hope wherever you're at that you all enjoy life outside of IVF and that IVF is good to you with lots of BFP's coming to this thread. Beta can you please send some of your good preggie vibes our way? hehe
    Ness - I'm not doing my next cycle til August (prob start of) for yours in June
    ciao for now ladies
    Last edited by Kayjaye; 12-05-2012 at 16:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kayjaye, enjoy your break, where are you going.

Congrats beta on your bfp, I hope the next blood test is just as good.

Found out my husbands best friends wife had her baby, they fell pregnant accidentally a month before we started trying, so sad, shed a few tears. She is my age too.

She also fell pregnant with her second child a month after my first miscarriage before I had my son, so this is her third. She is obviously much more fertile than me. I never dreamt I would be in the basket of struggling to have babies. My mum has five kids. But here I am.

I couldn't even get the first husband right. My first husband changed his mind on me after asking me to wait two years to start a family and decided he didn't want any, so that delayed my baby making for five years. If I hadn't had been delayed I would probably have finished my family by now. But I love my second husband and son, I just we could have another, oh well, will still trying. I'm on cd12 and will probably ovulate tomorrow or Monday, fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes, read your post again. Where is Kalrabi?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beta Awesome news! Hope it's all smooth sailing from here for you let us know how you're travelling. You've inspired me to cut sugar out, am currently working hard to be Gluten free,cut down on sugar but will go that extra step.

Lucky watching all the fertile ppl just easily create their families is so painful for our lot. I can't believe this is my life sometimes too - my mum had 4 kids by 29 a result from 2 marriages, she didn't cope well & I spent a lot of time trying to make sure that I would create the right environment for a family not messy, divorce etc. When a man lets you down like your 1st Husb. you would be feeling very hurt & cheated But then you would not have the wonderful family you do now. To answer your question I think I only have 2 cycles left in me. It's good to have an idea about what your limits are and I know what you mean about not wanting it to impact on the child you already have. If another 2 don't produce a positive result I'll probably try Naprotechnology which a friend of mine has conceived 2 children although she had completely different issues.
    There is a whole life out there away from IVF & TTC and I definitely want to get back out there again soon. Fun pretty boring atm with a restrictive diet, no alcohol etc. like to keep fit, watch movies, really believe in pampering like the odd facial or massage & my hobby would be interior design. What about you?

KayJ You have fun hon It's so important to give our mind, body & soul a break from all of this. See you when you get back. August is your time.
    Hi Chook, Jaye, LG, M20, Kattub & anyone who hasn't popped in for a while

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chook - Great news re the follie and Goodluck!! I am sending you lots of goodvibes and babydust (sorry computer wont pick them up today)!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, sorry I've not been around for a while. I will need to catch up on what you've all been up too.

Beta - Congratulations!! I love hearing the BFP's, gives us all hope I think.

Starfish - How amazing! It is wonderful to read that the surgery went so well and that you are now getting reading for your FET. I also can not wait to read about your BFP. Best of luck to you with the next steps.

to everyone else.

AFM - I've not been around much as the 2ww was really doing my head in and I needed to get away. BT results are in and sadly I got a BFN again. I am gutted. I don't know how I feel at the moment and don't know where to go from here. DH is not keen to do another cycle so we'll see what happens. We are going home (UK) in July and I can't wait to see my family and friends. I was hoping I would be announcing pg but now it looks like I will be telling them that my journey for number 2 is over. I feel so so sad.

I had asked my FS about DHEA but she said that there was no conclusive proof that it works so she doesn't prescribe it. Anyone else had to change FS or go elsewhere for DHEA? Is it worth taking it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - i hope you don't mind me popping my head in - I also had my BFN result today (HUGE hugs, little feet )

It was my first cycle, and my FS is planning an antagonist cycle, using prednisone, feldene and baby aspirin (i'm on that anyway). He's also suggested that i think about using DHEA. I'd like to give a couple more ICSI/PICSI cycles a go before i go down the path of DHEA (the cost is the main thing $2k per cycle??) but he's written me a script for it anyway, just in case. Littlefeet - i've been given a couple of discussion papers by my FS, i'd be happy to scan/send it to you so you can take it to your FS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh KandP just wanted to ask about the 2K DHEA? I was on 3 per day, it's $75 per month. I also snuck some in from the USA a few months ago, it was about $10 over there and I was able to empty them into a current DHEA container, they didn't look I the end.. Anyway I'm sorry to hear about your bfn. I would recommend dhea though, I really think it has been one of the things that has helped me get a BFP. Best of luck to you. Let me know if you need any info on dhea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Littlefeet I'm sorry to hear your news. Will you try another cycle in the uk perhaps? I hear the first 2 cycles are free? I went to a Chinese dr who told me to go on dhea, I also went to a new FS just after seeing the Chinese dr and she put me on it before I even asked. She told me it works in 1 out of 3 patients for her (anecdotal evidence I guess). I went from 1 egg at EPU to 5 eggs on my BFP cycle and although the numbers weren't high, they all fertilized, all went to blast, one was a BFP and 3 are on ice. On my cycles pre dhea as well as pre TCM, plus removing sugar from my diet, my eggs weren't great and never went past day 2. I also felt fantastic on dhea! My testosterone level was within the norm, so I still think it works even if you don't have low levels. Pm if you need more info, best of luck to you x.