Closed Thread
Page 70 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    LG Glad to hear that R.A has settled down a bit. Are you still taking Dhea - re pimples etc? I've stopped since the last cycle. 5 ET's & my best one was without Dhea or HCG, maybe luck or the fact that I was younger but I wanted to get a fresh opinion about what's best for my situation. Having said that I'm willing to try anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,

Well, blood test was today and clinic just call it was a as I expected but as AF hadn't come on and my headaches had kinda gone I still had some hope these last couple of days. They also want me to go in for more bloods as there is still some HCG in my system, ugh I just want to move on now Anyway, time for a couple months break then back into it I guess!
    Luckyme1 - I'm sorry AF showed up and you're not pathetic This is damn hard work what we're going through - ugh, I feel like howling right now so I can definitely relate to you on that one
    Jayemkayare, how awful for you. I hope you get that one more cycle and it's a positive result for you. Your disease sounds awful, I hope the diet helps. I'm actually on a gluten free diet also. Yes it sucks!!! but I've got used to it now and there are some products out there better than others just keep trying different ones to see what you prefer. Thanks for the info on the Zoladex, yes I have endo. I guess I'll be hoping for a miracle first before I think about that path. Good luck with everything, let us know how you get on and we'll be cheering you on from cyberspace.
    Nessika - good luck with the new FS, I hope it goes well for you.
    to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Ness I forgot to say that sorry I dont know much about severe insomnia except probably what you've heard and even tried - lavender, bath before bed, making yourself super tired (no arvo naps!) oh and less stress - gotta love that one huh? pfft!! If you do Yoga, have you tried meditating in bed? I've been doing it lately as I dont sleep sometimes and next thing I know I'm turning the alarm off..anyway you may have heard all of those before but I know how awful it is not to sleep properly - good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kayjaye what a huge let down! I know that feeling of holding onto hope - it's all we've got and what get's us back for more. Still the worst part is this processing the grief. Are they thinking it was a chemical pg with HCG levels still there? Thank you for giving me suggestions for my sleep issues even though you feel so bad, sometimes you forget the simple stuff like lavender. I hope that being G.F helps us all too. We will be here to cheer you on too when you're ready to cycle again and for all the in between stuff. Take care x

Hi everyone else, we always go through these difficult phases & then the BFP's just start ********* in - it's only a matter of time loads of for our Winter cycles

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for your kind words Ness - I needed them and the positivity!

She didn't say anything about a chemical preg. I was on Pregnyl as support so she thinks it's just that still in my system. Is it normal for this to still show up? I had my last shot on Saturday test was on Wednesday....
    I guess I'll find out more on Friday after my BT.
    Can anyone advise on when I should start taking DHEA again? My FS says to at least start 6 weeks prior to your next cycle. I'm probably going to have 3 months off, Should I start after this cycle and get it well and truly in my system or is 6 weeks enough?
    Yes - to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Girls!

Ness - Lavender is great as is Melatonin which you can buy from places like Priceline. I had a problem sleeping for a while, so I just exhausted myself up until about 11.30pm and then read in bed if I was still up. Over time I had more good nights than bad nights, and now I'm having much better sleep although the dreams are freaky

Kay - I'm so sorry for your BFN. I stayed on DHEA continuously as the longer you are on it the better (usually 3-5mths is recommended). The pregnyl would have still been in your system after 4 days. We all metabolise it differently, but the average is 5 days before it has left your system. Even after 5 days I would get a faint positive on HPTs, so would test each day after that to see if the line disappeared. Enjoy your mini break. You deserve to just concentrate on yourself and your health now

Jaye - I'm so sorry you are going through such a hard time. I've been there, and it is so draining. I hope you get your last cycle and only you can know what you need to feel complete or finished. Good luck

'Hi' to everyone else. I don't visit here nearly as often as I should, but I always read up on your progress and wish you wonderful healthy BFPs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie So good to hear from you - good tips re healthy sleep patterns. I need to see a Dr as I have restless leg syndrome. So what are you calling bub now, no longer a "Smudge" anymore

Kayjaye I agree with Millie to start back on Dhea Asap.LG's FS even had her stay on it during the early stages of her pregnancy just in case it didn't progress, which as you can see she is well past all that worry now. And yes pregnyl stays in the system, I didn't realise you had the last dose so close to B/t. Let us know how you go on Friday.

Jaye I really hope you do another cycle too. As you know so much about the medical side of things, was wondering what your research has brought up about other women with your condition, as in success stories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, how is everybody getting along? Anybody missed me?

I have been MIA for weeks. It's good to see all of you here and to new 'faces'.

Ness, I dont sleep very well at the moment, some days are bad, some better. I find it hard to fall asleep and would sleep well for hours then wake at 3 or 4am wide-eyed...then go back to sleep at 6am. Last night I decided to take a long warm bath and I read that helps to lower body temperature and make it cosy to sleep. It worked last night. I also dont want to go down the path of taking any sleeping pills.

Milliegirl, great to see you. How far along are you? I am guessing the excitement is swelling up for you and DH...

Kayjaye, I was on DHEA as a last resort too and I was on it for 1.5months on and off actually so personally I will not swear by it, but I did get my BFP right after starting on it. I was also on TCM for months on top of all the normal stuff everyone is taking.

LG38, I saw you on the pregnancy thread. I like your baby ticker if that is what it is called. I havent got down to doing mine. Would love too soon but feeling really lazy. Are you finding out your baby's gender?

Jaye, I am so sorry you are being subjected to so much. I dont know how to comfort you cos I know no amount of comforting words will take the pain away. I talked to DH about adoption before our BFP but he was against it. I read about this lady on the net about her adoption of two baby girls and I was every encouraging by her story. We even corresponded. She has tried IVF too. I hope your last cycle will be it and you need not think about all this. Only you can decide when enough is enough. I know you definitely have given your heart, soul and body for this.

to anyone I have missed.

AFM : Well DH and I had the most horrible longest past two weeks cos our NT combined result landed us 1:95 of having a down syndrome baby. It was a medium ratio but still in high risk. Anything from 1:2 to 1:300 is considered high risk. I spent a good week crying and reading up as much as I could. I was an emotional wreck. No doctor we spoke to was willing to assure us of anything except to do a diagnostic test to conclude this. I was in two minds about doing the amnio cos there is a miscarriage risk. When I was at my OB clinic I found myself not able to face a healthy toddler playing near his mother cos I might be carrying a DS baby. That made me decide I would go ahead with the amnio. But I had to ask DH to agree not to blame me if I miscarry a normal child after the amnio. DH was sure he did not want to keep the DS baby and I was dumbfounded.

It was a miserable time waiting. I was scared of the procedure, the miscarriage risk and the results. But I just wanted to get it done and over with so I know for sure. So I did my amnio on Tues got the results on Wed and thank the heavens my baby is OK! Just resting lots at the moment though still dont sleep well. We also got to find out we are having a baby boy! I havent told many people about my pregnancy cos I am just scared that something may go wrong. When can I be totally optimistic? Spending so long to get to my dream and so scared of losing it.

Anyway, I shan't bore you ladies more. Just thought of updating you all.
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 04-05-2012 at 12:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    M20 Great news that all has turned out well, to get the amnio results back with all clear that bub is perfect makes me think now is definitely the time to relax. I know I did after we had the amnio as we were given 1:25 risk for DS. I will try a bath tonight too

AFM I'm a bit shocked really as I saw the new FS in the city with DH today. He was quite pessimistic about IVF working for us a 2nd time. Gave us about a 10% chance - thought I had a 25% chance. We are going to do a bunch of tests, another cycle then get the lap done just in case there is any endo (has anyone had that without the symptoms?) Feeling very deflated and sad, I know I'm so lucky to have one child - when I hear stuff like this it makes me inclined to just put myself out of all this misery and just accept that it's not going to happen again. But I know I'm not ready to give up yet. Especially when I've seen quite a few ppl get success against all the odds.
    Infertility Sucks!!! I hate it for all of us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ness - Thats sucks!! did he give you any reasons for his 10% assessment? I have quite severe endo and have had treatment to remove it a couple of time. I have all the symptoms although I believe you can have it with no symptoms at all.
    All I can say is that I was given a 5% chance of ever conceiving a child through IVF or otherwise by 3 separate FS and we have finally managed it. Sometimes I think the Drs are too quick to go to the too hard basket. You have done it before and that would tell me that you can do it again. Did he give you any suggestions for your next cycle? You are a tough cookie and I know you wont give up, I will be cheering you on from the sidelines I have said it many times but infertility is brutal and this IVF caper is hard!!
    As for sleeping, I have not slept well for years but I did find the melatonin helpful when I was cycling. I got some 10mg capsules from America. I have heaps left so if you want any inbox me your address and I'll post them to you.

M2O - Good news re your test results. It can be a very worrying time. I would not join the other thread or let myself get too excited until I had the test results back. No we wont find out the gender, we figure we have waited all these years to get here so are looking forward to the surprise (quite odd for me really as I am quite agaist surprises after being poked and prodded etc for all this time ) Your DS must be very excited to be getting a little brother

Kayejaye - I was on DHEA for about 12 weeks prior to this cycle where I got my BFP. I believe it was what made the difference for me and my understanding is that you need to be on it for at least 8 weeks to see a real difference. My FS kept me on it until I was past the 8 week mark of this pregnancy ( I had some issues in the beginning and they were not sure the pregnancy would continue) as she did not want me to lose the buid up. Most of us were also taking Royal Jelly, COQ10, Melatonin, Vit D and a few other things too.

Hi to everyone else