Closed Thread
Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry luckyme1, I got your username wrong. Just goes to show where my head is at right now!
    I'm not sure about the name of the drug as he just mentioned it as a later stage step. I'm think it's a 'pretend' menopause state it puts you into, just shuts everything down I suppose and is a way to help get endo girls pregnant. Sounds way too scary and I dont want to go into menopause any earlier than I have too. I guess you understand that, it's not a nice feeling when you want to get pregnant and ppl start throwing around the 'menopause' word
    How are you going in Canberra? I hope you settle in soon and I hope the witch stays away for you too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies!
    I am doing an IUI cycle and using gonal f injections alongside dhea. I have been on the dhea since december.
    I am on 37.5iu of gonal and 25mg of Dhea, I take them an hour apart in the morning.
    I worried that taking the two together may cause me to over stim...I'm not allowed to go ahead with IUI if I have more than 2 follicles due to my age Can dhea cause more follicles to grow? What about early ovulation?

I hope someone can help me out! I'm glad there is a whole thread dedicated to this sort of stuff

Baby dust to you all xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi kayejay

No worries about the name. Lol, I am lucky to have a beautiful boy who's about to eat my eye cream. Haha.

I think you just have to decide if you trust your doctor will do what he can to get you pregnant. He did say it is a a later step so maybe decide when you get to that point.

If you have nothing else working it may be a step to take as you'll have nothing to lose then, I guess. You also might want to consider whether you want another one after this one. I would write down all your questions and discuss it with the doctor again. Good luck.
    Last edited by Luckyme1; 29-04-2012 at 20:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kayjaye & dandelion

Kayjaye yeah it is rough on all of us so much confusion & stress. Us stepmums have a some challenges too I think you need to speak with your FS again to get a better understanding as all too often you can come out of those meetings feeling bewildered. Wishing you loads of & that headache is not AF. Rant as much as you need during your 2WW.

dandelion I'm so sorry I don't really know how to answer your questions, except that Dhea is supposed to help quality and in some cases quantity, you are on a low dose, most of us on 50 - 75mg, there is also some evidence about early ovulation however most of us have never had a problem with that except for me but FS didn't tell me it was related to Dhea & said it only happen 1% of the time. Lots of for you too & no over stim, sounds like they are being v cautious with that for you.

Luckyme1 how are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nessika, no AF yet, just cramping and feeling grumpy. The cramping has come and gone, the acupuncture really helped.

Dandelion I don't think DHEA would make you overstim as it improves egg quality and numbers not ovulation. But I'm not an expert so better tell your concerns to your doctor. Good luck with your cycle.
    Last edited by Luckyme1; 29-04-2012 at 20:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nessika and Luckyme Thank you for your replies!
    I guess it is just one of those things I can't do much about until I speak to me FS and see what he says...fingers crossed all goes well on Friday.
    I think I'm just one of those people that think of all the bad things that can happen and worry about it lol

Take care and baby dust to u both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone :-)Is it normal to lose weight during first trimester I have lost 2.5 kg ? I have not been throwing up but feel sick after I eat an tiredness is really getting to me :-(Could it be the baby using my excess weight ? I'm not huge I'm about 8 kg over my ideal weight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi dandelion, god I feel the same too, get very pessimistic about our situation. I guess we just have to be brave and go through the process, and support each other as much as we can. I didn't want to give you advice that was wrong. Good luck and let us know how you went with the doc.

Kattub, if you're eating less then you're burning in energy you'll lose weight. Try and get the right nutrition though because it's important for the baby. Have a multivitamin as well. If you're worried speak to your doctor about it. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on a multi vitiman an I eat prob just the same sometimes more I couldn't beleive it but I call hospital an it can be normal being tired to just run me down which can result in weight Loss

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI All ,

Welcome to all the new ladies.

Ness - How are you going? When is your FS app? Are you still doing Sharkeys?

Dandelion - I was on 75mg of DHEA per day and 450 Gonal and I did see an increase in follicles, but I had a low follicle count to begin with. I never ovulated early or over stimmed but I am significantly older than you. If you are unsure of anything at all I would go back to your FS and get them to explain to you again. We pay them a lot of money and all too often come away feeling a bit bewildered. good luck hope all goes well.

Chook - How are you?