Closed Thread
Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    G'day ladies

How's everyone going? Hope all feeling relaxed and fertile!

LG Hope you are resting did you sign to do a double transfer? you must be PUPO by now
    This 2WW business is so hard no matter what you are doing - Linds we are both up the same day as I had 2day ET on Fri & you had 3day on Sat. Our embies may have attached already as it happens 6 to 10 days after retrieval.

M20 Almost time for POAS How are the nerves going? hope you get a nice dark line. I'm going to do my home test on Wed - official BT is due Friday but I'll still be on holidays

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Finally home. Had transfer at 9.30am this morning apparently a B grade 8 cell embryo. Once I woke up from GA DH picked me up and we took my mum to the airport, she is on her way back to UK now then had acupuncture.

Got the call this arvo that our other embryo was perfect for freezing on Day 3 (today) so that what we have done.

So now am PUPO with ther rest of you and BT is 23rd, let the crazies begin!!

Hope you are all well to us all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey LG38, congratulations on being PUPO! Seems like only yesterday you started your cycle...I guess you and DH decided on freezing the other one. As I read your post, I suddenly remember now that the embryologist did ask us if we wanted to freeze the 3rd embie on ET day or let it grow to day 5, DH and I chose the latter. If I could transfer 3 I would , perhaps cos we already had several ETs without success so we dont care anymore. How are you feeling with mum going off? Sure you gonna miss her. How are you going to spend this 2ww?

AFM : I am going bonkers in my head about POAS...like an addict chained up...I am so scared of false positive but I just cannot have any conclusion to this suspense. It is making me very useless and I am just lying down most times no mood to do anything. Today i am still having those symptoms. I know if I do the next cycle I wont do a day 9 pregynl no way! But it is doing my head in and making me more negative than ever, already thinking of cycle 5. Roll over Sunday hurry up!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone I was just wondering but once u have a cycle cancelled an take the pill do u have to wait for a period to start stimming again or do u just go off the pill an start the synearl spray then injections ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to all

M2O - The reason we chose to freeze embryo today was that the embryologist said that embie has more chance of survival in its natural habitat, so if we leave it to day 5 it may not survive, but that does not necessarily mean that it would not make a pregnancy if transferred earlier. My FS is dead against me transferring more than one embie due to my other conditions, so we decided last night that we would talk to the embryologist and see what they say re freezing after all its what they do day in and day out and I guess we have to put a certain amount of trust in them. Of course there are no guarantees that it will survive the thaw, but they tell me thats the case for all, so... At the moment I think I will try anything, the last 7 years have definitely taken their toll.
    Yeah I will miss mum as I hadnt seen her for 2 years and it will be another year before I see her again, I'm kind of used to it but sometimes its hard having no family in this country. I will still be working until 24th so that will take up most of the TWW, along with setting up the business.

Ness - How are you going? Hopefully the weather is good on the sunny gold coast and you're having fun.

Well I started the dreaded crinone tonight, so give it a couple of days and that will probably send me loopy again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    LG Congrats on being PUPO! Wow a frostie too - I am glad that they did that for you freezing on Day 3 but confused as to why they don't do that in all clinics - I was never given that option 7 years of course it would take it's toll on anyone still thank goodness you are now in a position to do everything within your power to make this dream come true & maybe now you've experienced the Crinone side effects before you'll feel a bit better this time - the first time is always the worst. That's funny I thought you'd already stopped working did you give them a month's notice - seems like ages since you mentioned resigning. It's good to have something else to focus on definitely

M20 for you as well - these last few days of 2WW are surely the most torturous - what do you mean about not doing day 9 Pregnyl again are you going to ask for something different altogether? The dread makes it so hard to keep positive - still everything crossed for a proper BFP for you

AFM I really only brought my laptop to keep in touch with bubhub on this holiday - you know help keep me sane. I just had to tell a friend that I need some space as she is updating me via email with really stressful divorce & custody battles. I am not bothering anyone with my issues except you guys. I know it's going to hit me really hard if this cycle doesn't work which is the main reason we are away. I really tend to withdraw IRL with IVF. Well the weather has been lovely today but apparently a lot more rain is predicted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LG38, isnt it nice we are finally getting some rain...my garden is looking like a desert...the southeast isnt getting much this summer. We also do not have family here with us so it makes me miss my family a great deal. I always have to take DS with me for every BT and US and procedures cos there is no one who can help take care of him. Good that you will be busy with setting up the business, good source of distraction, exciting too to have your own biz.

Ness, what is IRL? Oh I feel privileged that you brought along your laptop so you can hang out with us while you are in GC. Yes I am feeling really nervous about pOAS but I will make sure I do it only tml. Sometimes I speak to myself....why am letting this make me so miserable? Just be brave and accept what is to come! All this self-talking (I do journalling too) help, but I know myself well, if it is going to be BFN again I will be disappointed again and I know jumping onto another cycle is how I am trying to cope with this possible failure.

I am also beginning to comfort myself (preparing myself mentally and emotionally) by making sense of the whole TTC thing. At my age with our issues, statistically according to FS, it wil give us just 1-2% chance tto conceive naturally, though IVF does improve our chances through having more eggs and all these artificial manipulation, that does not mean the embryos made are always going to be ok, so it takes time and perhaps cycle after cycle, it is just a matter of how much our bodies, our pocket and our emotional well-being can take. There, hoping all these self-talk will help me with tml POAS and Mon's BT result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

M2O - Yes the rain is nice. Thats the main reason I decided to start up the business. Hopefully I will have a bub of my own one day soon and I have no family here to help, although my very close friend would help, she is a hairdresser and works from home and has 2 children of her own. I would not ask my in laws even if they were interested which they are not. So I thought that working from home would give me the flexibility that I need. My job is quite stressful ( I'm a sales analyst ) so I wanted to get out of that as I also dont think the stress is helping with TTC.

Dont feel you are alone with the talking to yourself, I do exactly the same. I also keep a journal that I empty my head into when things are getting on top of me. I dont think that there is anything that would stop us from feeling sad with BFN's as it means so much to us. I am actually thinking about finding a support group for childless people as its really starting to shake me. I try to stay positive but never having had a positive pregnancy test does make me wonder what will become.

Ness - Good for you telling your friend you need space. Sometimes you just cant afford to take on other people's stress. I'm not sure why all clinics dont offer the 3 day freeze option. I didnt even think ours did and probably wouldnt have found out unless I had the very heated conversation with my FN a few days ago. She is the person who told me that if an emby doesnt make it to day 5 in the lab it wouldnt have made a pregnancy, but the embryologist told me that embryos have a better chance back with their mummas so....?!?!? What state are you in? Maybe there are differences in each state??? I really dont know.
    Yes I had to give 4 weeks notice, they were trying to make me give 8 weeks but I have compromised by saying that I will come back on a consultancy basis for a few days here and there.

AFM - I'm trying to get as much rest as I can and staying positive, but I'm also still researching in case it doesn't work again. Someone mentioned some kind of embryo glue to me although I think they may be a bit off track?? I'm also looking at articles about assisted hatching, due to my age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

M20 IRL - in real life I completely understand trying to prepare yourself for the worst possible outcome after all we have to be realistic as well as hopeful. If I see you get a BFP that will give me a lot more hope that you've just gotta keep plugging away. One of my biggest fears & it may seem irrational is that by doing too many cycles & too close will somehow hurt my fragile fertility more than it already is. Have you been getting many cramps? I am & it doesn't give me a positive feeling at all Oh well you are several days ahead of me, can't wait to hear how you go with POAS tomorrow - there is a woman called Jodi Panayotov who turned her diary entries during TTC & IVF into a book called In Vitro Fertility Goddess. I really enjoyed reading it. You might be able to turn yours into a book - I reckon the networks could make a hit drama with our thread - with happy endings of course

LG Reducing stress always makes sense to me I'm live in Syd btw but as you know am now on G.C You know I haven't even been swimming because I read we aren't supposed to, do either of you abstain from baths etc during 2WW?
    I too am looking ahead & researching about other options such as assisted hatching too Sounds interesting. Good to hear that you are resting my dear & how frustrating to get such contrasting advice from the clinic but at least it makes me feel better that we all had early transfers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear so many ladies around here are PUPO!

AFM - I'm still waiting for AF and it's CD36.

Appointment with Wazza on Tuesday and I'm a bit nervous.