Closed Thread
Page 46 of 85 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont know what hapened there, post wasn't showing but is when you get into thread...wierd!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    M2O, your signs are very encouraging!!!

LG, I see your dilemma... I guess if the 2nd emby wasn't suitable for freezing I would say have a double transfer. Still, your fert rate was better than mine which was only 1 in 7. It always helps me to know there is someone worse off, after all, it is possible that none could fertilise so for me I am actually happy IFKWIM.

Ness, you will wake up at the beach & know it is all worth it! Are you still binge eating & feeling moody? I had a day 3 transfer.

Me, eating frenzy is over so of course I am worried that emby has not snuggled in after all. Oh and forgot to squirt crinone last night cause I fell asleep reading a book, do I double dose it I wonder?

Cynical us are wondering if FS suggested my early transfer b/c after a transfer they bank our money whereas if you don't reach xfer, we can start a fresh cycle without paying out another $5230. Day 4 is considered the all telling day for embies to survive which is why our clinic ususally only does day 5 transfers. In our case we don't know whether the embryo survived that crucial day, but at least they got our $ and 'gave' us something in return i.e. a xfer. Oh well, we are just amazed that we have even come up with the $ again. In almost a year it's only the 2nd lot we've forked out due to so many cancelled cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Linds - I'm feeling a bit better today, I never stay down for too long. I think my disappointment was due to the fact that I only had one out of 3 mature fertilise last time, so this time I have been on DHEA and they did PICSI HA and some calcium thing that was supposed to help with fertilisation and we ended up with a worse fert rate!! I am grateful to have any fertilise, but as I have unexplained infertility and have been trying to conceive #1 for the last 7 years, every now and then it gets me down a bit. On the whole I'm usually pretty positive but I think I was just hoping too much that this time would be better

My FS has scared my DH into not wanting to transfer 2 embies anyway. I guess I just wonder why they are not good enough to freeze if they are good enough to transfer? I will be having a day 3 transfer which is a day longer than last time, so I guess they will have a little better idea of the quality.

My clinic charge the last payment the day before EPU!! I got the receipt just after the call re the fert rate...good timing.

How far into your TWW are you? I too will be taking Crinone again which I'm not really looking forward too, sent me a little LaLa last time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LG38, it is amazing and strong of you to pick yourself up quickly. That's resilience! I find many ladies on the forums very resilient! Unfortunately I am not one of them so I always go wow reading about some of you ladies. Very inspiring! I think we are kept strong and going by one another here.

I would go for a double transfer! What's the risk? Twin pregnancy that's all! Double bliss! It is legal to have two so if you are comfortable, go for it! I know FS can be very against just in case of complications but you need to insist on what you want esp if the 2nd embie cannot make it to freeze and if they are going to chuck it out. Why not give it a chance in your tummy? U never know! DH and I would not even hesitate (sorry to be so blunt)...cos we have done 3xdouble transfers wo any success so it is easy for us to decide.

Linds, if your lining during your last scan was fine then missing one day should be fine I guess. Better check with your nurse. I dont think we should double dose but correct me if i am wrong. I actually prefer the crinone over pessaries, at least it isnt messy...but i think all this prog support from underneath and all the probes going underneath during IVF increase our risks of infection dont they? I have got a funny smell (though not foul) on my undies and whatever I am wearing underneath (sorry TMI!!!). I hope I am not getting some irritation or infection.

I would be quite shocked if I am really pregnant...cos the pregynl could be the one causing all these symptoms I read...so I dont want to be deceiving myself....I am getting a bit worried if my BT on Monday has HCG detected but not pregnant, then I cannot start another cycle straightaway and have to wait till it drops to 0? Oops! Maybe I shouldnt have done the pregynl on day 9.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LG Hi I tend to agree with M20 here, for my last cycle I had the opportunity for first time to do 2xtransfer but DH was against it - anti twins, then of course the transfer didn't take & the other was thrown away even though FS said it was good just not expanded enough to meet the freezing criteria. I did regret it which is why I said to DH this time we are putting 2 back! Are there more risks associated with multiple pregnancy for you having existing conditons such as diabetes? Glad you are a positive person that is going to get you a long way in this process That brings me to your question about why they can't be frozen if they're good enough for a fresh transfer & also Linds is wondering about her own embie too. With us kind that only get a few eggs the logic is to get the embie's back into Mum as soon as possible to give them a better chance.

Linds after having a Day 2, Day 3 & Day 5 transfer in the past my Day 2 was the successful one & I am now a big believer in the early transfer some FS believe that it gives the embie a better chance because it's in a much more natural environment than in the lab. I understand the worry though but even a blast doesn't give you any guarantees as M20 & I have found out. That's the hardest thing about the 2WW wondering if it/they are still alive How'd you go with the Crinone - did you call FN?

M20 I know Pregnyl is really tricky but it doesn't stop you looking for signs. I got an unusual large pimple on chin - of course checked if this was a common sign in early pregnancy which just about anything & everything is. Last cycle I got really itchy palms - thought that was a sign but of course it was just my body reacting to all the hormones Still not long to go now and you'll know for sure Hope you don't have an infection but that could also be a good sign too. BTW i think you are v strong too - you have to do the pregnyl on day 9 & you are already talking about jumping right back on the IVF horse if need be - that's amazing to me.

AFM Last night was exhausting as DD was in an unfamiliar cot etc so screamed half the night. Before I went to bed I was doing a close up of myself in mirror under fluro lighting - I look so tired & that was before I knew what kind of night I was in for - anyway in the middle of it all I decided never again will I put myself through IVF. I'm sick of having my life put on hold for all of this - I think I might try some natural options like Sharkeys before giving up on TTC forever but it is making me cranky. Sorry for the rant
    to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Thanks so much for the info I really appreciate it. I have just got off the phone after a lengthy conversation with FN re my two embies. She tells me that if I wish to transfer the two I will have to sign a waiver as my FS will never agree to me doing this because of diabetes etc etc. She assures me that the only time they would discard the embies is if they stopped growing.

She said I can ask to have the other frozen tomorrow if I wish or I can wait until day 5 (sunday) to freeze if it goes that far.

She also says that I can defer my transfer until Sunday to see if either would make a blast, but after reading what you guys have said I will transfer tomorrow. She maintains that if it does not make it in the lab it wouldnt make a preganancy, not sure if I believe that. I still think deep down that we all want to be where we belong.

Anyway so far they are still developing which I am happy about.

This process is so stressful!! Its a wonder we are all not nuts!!

Ness - I have ordered some of the fertilaid stuff that MrsOc was talking about, I think I'm at the stage where I'll try anything. I understand completely what you are saying whether to go through another cycle, for me thats not an option but if I had one child I would have to question whether I could continue indefinitely with this much emotional stress.
    Anyway, lets hope none of us have to

My transfer is booked for 8.30am tomorrow. Any tips for anything to do after transfer/ I have acupuncture tonight and tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LG38, I am sure for those ladies who have gone through mountains and valleys and eventually have their baby, they would have no regrets going through it all, all the pain of IVF suddenly dissipates and suddenly it is all worth it seeing our baby in our hands. That dream is what keeps us going as well, whether we have a child already or not. Although BTH, it does make giving up easier having already have one kid. But on the other hand it really does not take the pining for another child or sibling for our only child away. And cos we already have one, it can make us all the more determined to get another becos it has happened before and we want to see it happen again.

I have tried almost everything but cos our problem is MFI, some products that are good for TTC for normal healthty couples just wont work for us.

Ness, I guess I just want to do what I think is my best for this time being and that is to try at least one last cycle before we head off for holidays in May. I made the mistake of throwing in the towel after just one IVF cycle back in 2009. It was all naivetie (sp) that one cycle is all it takes and ignorance about many thins IVF. I shouldnt have given up so soon back then. I was so childish. So since I jumped back onto the IVF horse last March, I will soldier on. I still cannot create a life no matter what I do. But at least after this i know I can
    be convinced and give up completely having done what i think is my best. And everyone has his own definition of her best, everyone has her definition of enough is enough.

Lg38 For your transfer tml. I hope the FS who does your transfer be gentle. Dr mark Lawrence was quite rough the last transfer i had and after transfer done by him I was left fearful of the speculum...but this time a dr rombas (sp) with an UK accent did it and I realised it was totally painless as he was very gentle...sometimes the dr makes a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    M2O - I think you must have misunderstood me, I was in no way diminishing anyone's need or want for a child whether they have one already or not simply stating how I feel after 7 years TTC one. I'm sorry if that offended you in some way.

I am being sedated for transfer anyway, which is a good thing as I am still uncomfortable from EPU. Dr Rombas has done all of my procedures so far, he seems ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops I think a comment I've made about not thinking I can keep doing this has sparked a misunderstanding. Firstly I'd like to say that I really hope that we are all nearing the end of this IVF journey anyway. LG there is some truth for me being up to the 4th cycle since having a young baby I am feeling ambivalent about the whole process, everyone deals with disappointment differently - although obviously still very much wanting another child I'm considering some other options outside of IVF & did think I'd look into MRS OC's successful treatments as well. I know you were addressing me on that point & realise the lengths people will go to have their family. My only tip for tomorrow is using a hot water bottle tonight at bed time one TCM practitioner told me to do that so I do now. Wow you'll be sedated that's good it'll force you to rest afterwards as well.

M20 Pregnyl will not interfere with you wanting to do a back to back cycle, I have done that before within a week of EPU I was back doing the long cycle. I understand your need to get back into it - if needed before the family trip. You are right IVF is a numbers game - it was the middle of a bad night when I came to that decision but the truth is I'll probably do a couple more cycles if I have to - just not straight away because I'm sick of doing the same long down cycle over & over. I'll probably look for a new clinic & FS too. So are you still going to POAS on the weekend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear LG38, no no no I am not offended at all...I just was sharing my thoughts...

Oh Dr Rombass is really really nice and very reassuring! I was worried about my very thick lining and he even tried to assure me that it was perfect by doing a scan for me even though it was external scan and might not be accurate. You are lucky to have him do your transfer. Oh sedation for transfer? I was never sedated for them, what do they do? Medication?

Ness, I hope to be able to do the antagonist cycle. Fingers crossed I dont need to. Dh will sure make me POAS at least on Sun.
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 09-02-2012 at 19:41.