Closed Thread
Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Argggh...I am so sorry for being such a downer...and thank you Nessika for your encouraging words. I really really feel so much better reading your post. Thank you Thank you!!! Feel so ashamed feeling so negative :P

LG38, yes for you for tml!!!

AFM finally done with my 3rd pregynl jab...breaking the glass vials scary stuff! That is the end of my injections for this cycle. DH was hurrying me to quickly jab and join him for news on tele, I was like hello never hurry me about my injections! And he even commented...oh that's your last jab? As if there ought to be more...arrgh... :O
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 06-02-2012 at 18:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ness - thank you so much for your kind words. You are a real trooper. I think the nerves are just getting the better of me. You are right, each time is a fresh chance and I'm going to hold onto that for now One of my friends has suggested she teaches me some meditation and visualisation techniques to try and help me relax (which if you had told me 10 years ago I would agree to I would have laughed you out of the room) but I think I'm going to try, what the hell I've tried everything else

M2O - I'm sure if I ever get an embie that doesn't make it to freeze I will feel a bit down too, hope you pick up soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    M20 please don't feel ashamed, that wasn't my intention at all! Just feel a lot of compassion for my fellow IVF buddies & I need you guys when I'm having far bad day.

LG Funny what this getting more mature business does to us we'll give anything a go. In all seriousness I really believe in meditation & visualisation, also love Yoga. Glad you are feeling a bit better - gee I hope you get a pleasant surprise when you wake up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone does anyone know what your chances are on getting pregnant first time in Ivf with in explained fertility age 31 an being pregnant naturally before ? Been reading so much an it almost seems impossiable for it to happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girls

Does anyone else just start binge eating like they are a teenager when in 2WW - I'm not saying it's a sign either way coz have done it before - I think I'm trying to eat my stress away.

Hi again Kattub - I think you asked a similar question before on this thread, I think you have a good chance, I also got lucky with my first transfer at 35. Try not read too much on the internet it will drive you mad - are you doing anything like TCM or taking extra supplements? you have a short IVF journey.

LG Hope you are resting up & we hear your new soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies! I have been MIA for a while as I needed to get some space & even deleted my forum bookmark, but I missed you too much so am checking back in. To be honest I was actually in a horribly selfish way upset by the Christmas BFPs as all I got was AF which meant I missed out on starting the drugs that cycle since my clinic closed down. I also visit another fertility forum & there were 3 longterm BFPs on that as well so it made me feel down.

Having said that, big congrats & apologies for even thinking that way to Mille & Spot as I know your BFPs are long long hoped for miracles.

Anyway, I have to reply to Nessika as I amazed to read your post about bingeing b/c I am a day behind you on a single embryo transfer & have been eating non stop. I think it may be a response to the ivf drugs after such a long break but of course hoping it's b/c my emby is looking for a long-term home. I also can't believe that our cycles are lined up so close together, and I think there might be a few of you doing or just done EPU so would love to hear where you're all up to. LG, Chook, M2O, Jaye and others.

So after a month off from last year's first ever transfer I was hoping to cycle again but timing was bad with the holidays, so waited until the clinic reponed and another AF had come & gone. Then all of a sudden AF was back & it was time to go down for u/s to see if it looked like a go ahead with any follies. There were quite a number, in fact more than I've ever had which was a surprise so another flare cycle started with only 8 days jabbing then U/S showed they were ready for trigger that night. Incredibly 7 were collected, all my BT numbers were good but unfortunately only 1 egg fertilised and that was put back in as a day 3 transfer last Saturday even though my clinic only does day 5s. I guess after such a big loss they wanted to give me something to take home. Anyway, I will try to catch up with you all now.

Oh, also my son started big school last week and we had family from the USA here so lots of positive things happening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    NessikaHey what is tmc? No not taking anything at this stage but does it make a difference ? What should I be taking ?Have you heard of anyone taking the pill after a cancelled cycle an do u know if you start stims after the pill I will have been in it three week after cancelled cycle then a scan . It's driving me mad not knowing what's going to happenAn I have read way tooooo much an just feel over whelmed about it all now

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Linds it's so good to see that you're back & we are in the 2WW together now too. Wow I really hope this is one special little embie is your lucky break too hon Yeah so much has happened since you've been on your break - look forward to catching up more. Funny that you've been super hungry too - I've been eating stupid stuff too like hash browns with olives for lunch & I never do that I must confess too have been a bit cranky & mean to DH damn these hormones!

Katubb TCM - Traditional Chinese Medicine - so basically herbs & acupunture. Supplements are really important This I copied from a post from LG a few weeks ago, this is the kind of stuff that most of us are on. (LG)I made a huge order of vitamins (COQ10, Royal Jelly, Melatonin and Vitamin E) from Puritan yesterday, much cheaper in the long run and fewer tablets to swallow each day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Katubb sorry I was interrupted before, TCM does have scientific evidence that it can be beneficial to improve chances with IVF as does a lot of the supplements mentioned. I've known a lady around your age who had unexplained infertility - fell pg on 3rd cycle then 18mnts later 1st cycle after child #1. She didn't bother with TCM.You really have a good chance but it's a gamble for all of us so we are all on this rollercoaster together with no definite answers. Like I said & we will support you through until you get baby #2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello linds!!! Wow quietly and PUPO already?! Congratulations!!!! I am aso PUPO and have 1 mre week to go. This time not testing yet cos I am using pregynl up to day 9 after EPU. Probably test on Sun before Mon BT. Hey dont feel bad about feeling sad when others get their BFPs and you didnt. I am sure we all do that, we are only human, but certainly deep down we would love to be happy for others!!! Besides Ness and me being PUPO, LG38 will join us in a few days.

Ness, I eat pretty much normal in my 2ww, in fact, there are days I dont feel hungry and not interested in food could be due to stress and anxiety. I am quite the opposite, when I stress I dont eat and lose weight. No I know you dont have the intention to make me feel ashamed silly, but I think I do need someone to tell me some words to shake me out of moments of hopelessness and negativity.

Katubb, like i have mentioned, your doc could be resting your ovaries for the time being. Best would be to call him/her to ask why you are put on them and what is the next step for you. Many of us are on supplements which we seriously dont now if they will work. Certainly spend a lot of $$$ on them haha but I guess we just want to give our dream the best shot and plump up our system as best possible. We never know but you may jolly well end up getting your sticky BFP at first go. Like I said, there are lucky ones out there.

For me I have been on TCM since May but not lucky to get my BFP the previous cycle while on it. I have heard of at least two cases who after several cyycles tried TCM and got their BFPs straightaway. If this cycle doesnt work out again, I will stop TCM cos it has cost us at least 5K just on it these many months. I am also on DHEA, fish oil, coQ10 600mg, vit c, vit d, vit e, L-arginine, insitol (sp), royal jelly (from Australian by nature). That is a big truckload of supplements, honestly honestly I have no idea if all these have a positive impact on fertility, and not sure how long I am going to keep going as this is my 4th cycle. Maybe I should draw some lots to decide hehe...