Closed Thread
Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to all

M2O - Went ok. Have a possible 8 follies that will be ok ( they said I had 11 last time and only got 3 mature eggs though, so not getting too excited) Will trigger tomorrow night for EPU on Tuesday, she wants to let me stim a day longer than last time to see if some of the smaller ones catch up. The place was so busy though, had to wait an hour in between BT and scan.

How are you going? Hope the TWW is not driving you too mad

Ness - How are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    M20 the TWW must be getting to you- I hope your embies are well & truly snuggled by now. Would you be thrilled to have twins? Yeah my clinic calls them A grade due to how clear the cells are, even when I've had v slow they still called them A grade. Getting ready to divide again is compacting which I only learn't on the day, they mentioned it because it was fast for Day 2. Has to be the HGH as mine were usually on the slower side in the past.

LG How did you go today? You're probably having dinner & then jabbing getting prepared for EPU hope you had some fine follies to see today!

AFM I've read that some people have 5 days bed rest after transfers - does everyone sort of go on as normal just being sensible? I'm picking up an 11kg toddler all day anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Well trigger is done!! Now all I can do is hope that DHEA and extra day stims has made a difference. EPU First cab off the rank on Tuesday.

Just out of interest, does anyone know if the clinics do transfers on Sundays?

Ness/M2O - How are you going with TWW? Hope you are managing to find some distractions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey LG38, I have no idea if clinics do Sunday transfers, I think most likely no cos they can either transfer one day earlier or one day later? Hooray on trigger done. Hopefully you get a good number of mature eggs and they get fertilised and then go on to become great quality blasts. We all know there are many hurdles to jump over, fingers and toes crossed for you.

Ness, I did not have 5 days of bed rest. For my second transfer FS let me lie on the transfer chair for about half hour but that did not work. For all my transfers DH made sure I have a nap after coming home, that is about it. Last cycle I lay down a lot, this cycle I dont care anymore. I think it is all about embryo quality?

AFM : Nothing much to report. One more week to go. Yesterday I felt lower backache which I never experienced with previous 2WWs. I hope that is a good sign! Besides that nothing much. This round I am on pregynl so no POAS and it is indeed a good deterent from pee sticks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LG Good luck hon for EPU on Tuesday! As M2O pointed out, we know there are more hurdles ahead - you get a great haul & wonderful fert rate just to top it off.

M20 Only a week to go I've heard quite a few ladies complain about back pain before BFP I hope this is the first of many positive signs for you . Good that you are staying away from evil sticks

I'm keeping pretty busy which is helping - have this kind of numb feeling coz in the past I've read into every twinge, itch or twitch believing it to be a sign then end up over analysing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ness - Personally I think its natural to over analyse this stuff. I try not to, but I cant help it. We are in the precarious situation of knowing that we have had a fertilised egg transferred back to us so are constantly looking for signs. I tried to hold off POAS last time but couldnt, if I'm lucky enough to have something to transfer this time, I will try and hold out longer but I know I'll cave!! Hope all is well with you.

M2O - Thanks. Hope all is well with you too

AFM - I am getting nervous re EPU tomorrow. Not about the actual procedure just about the results. It seems we always have something to stress about

Thanks
    Reviews
    LG I'm sure you'll have some beaute embies to transfer as you did last time & this cycle you've been doing all the extras with more supplements & Dhea. I know what you mean though - always something to worry about. 1 step at a time & we'll be hanging out to hear how well you go tomorrow morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Not feeling very happy at the moment. I know I know I should be thankful.... FN told me our 3rd embie wasnt suitable for freezing so ..... I know I know no news from her probably is bad news anyway...but my confidence was really shaken after knowing our embie was discarded. Made me unsure what is happening inside of me now. The pessimistic monster is rearing its head again...

Met my friend yesterday who had her boy when she was 41. She also had a hard time TTC but never tried IVF, only IUIs. Had a miscarriage before having her boy. I was asking her if I should keep trying IVF, she said as much as my mental and emotional parts can take it. Not sure how much more I can take.

LG38, I am sure you are going to get eggs. I am confident of that. Hope that boost your a little.

Nessika, about your other 4 eggs which were immature, were they even used? I had 2 this time and 1 last cycle but they were just discarded and not icsi'ed. I actually read somewhere that immature eggs can be matured in the lab and I wonder seriously why they were not so by embryologists and given a chance. I have some the question in a new thread just to see what others say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    M2O - I read your other post this morning and I actually asked my FN about this when I spoke to her earlier as I had 2 immature eggs last time and the paranoia has set in about this cycle.. She told me that they dont try and mature them in the lab which I dont believe as people have replied to your thread saying the opposite. So I am going to ask my FS about this when I see her next. I dont think she is lying, I just think that maybe our clinic does not do it so she doesn't know. Either way it doesn't hurt to ask does it.

Ness - I think what is concerning me was that only 1 fertilised last time which is why they transferred it on day 2. I'm hoping the DHEA has had some effect.

Thank you both for your support, I know my mind is probably playing tricks on me but its always the things that matter most to you that cause so much stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey you two - M20 & LG I just experienced a real wave of sadness when I read your posts I can feel all the angst & worry - I just wish it wasn't so hard on us. M20 that you don't think 3rd emby made it, I found out today that my 3rd is slow as an early blast so prob won't make the grade for freezing but I fully expected that. I think the other follies which were retrieved were prob empty as they only said I got 4 eggs out of 8 follies. I know what you mean about not being sure when enough is enough - I agree with your friend though perseverence seems to get most there eventually - it's a question that goes through my head often but for now we are both PUPO!! lets believe in that
    LG I fully understand that fear my first EPU's two eggs didn't even fert, 2nd time only 1 egg retrieved - who is now my L.O. There are so many let downs with infertility & then we just hope that IVF will make it easier but to just find out that it is still so hard even with all of this help - it's easy to become despondant. I want you in a good space though for tomorrow - each time is a fresh chance