Closed Thread
Page 40 of 85 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MrsOC, can I ask what is your reason for IVF? I wish I can invest on this sweetbeats but I reckon it wont do any good for us since DH's problem is low chance of getting me pregnant every month due to his not so ideal sperm conditions (though DS was natural and I got pregnant another time naturally but miscarried).

I ovulate every month based on OPKs and temp charting. I think I have tried many things already including the Maybebaby saliva kit. We can try and try till time runs out not sure when we will hit the jackpot doing it naturally again. So as much as I can and still have time we are going for IVF. But if this round fails (I HOPE NOT!!!!), we will try a back to back and may call it quits after that before our long holiday in May.

AFM : Well I am officiallyy PUPO with a 15-cell and a 8-cell embie! Our other embie at 9-cell has slight fragmentation so we decided to let it grow to day 5-6 and see its fate. I am acttually very happy about the fert rate (though there are only 3 eggs to start with) as I was very disappointed with the result from our last two cycles.

BUT, I screwed up on using the pregynl! I am supposed to use it on day 3 after EPU but I thought it was day 3 after embryo transfer. So if you know pls tell me if I can do it tonight which is day after egg collection. And is it intramuscular or subcutaneous injections? I am confused and have no nurse to ask at this time.

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    M2O - the pregnyl is subcutaneous and I would Definately be doing it as soon as you can. Today is day 3 right? So not too late.

And congrats on being PUPO.

Will be back later to do personals.

AF did come sunday night, couldn't make it to work yesterday. Anyway tracking BT's start Friday

Sent from my iPod touch using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jaye! I was taking my own sweet time about the pregynl cos I kept thinking it is 3 days after ET, serves me right for the fumble! I am not sure if today is day 3 or day 4, she said day 3/6/9 after egg collection. I am not sure if I count egg collection day, if not then I am on target. Wow the breaking of the ampoules is scary. I was scared to be cut! Anyway all went well and i did inject subcutaneously (FN stated abdomen) but box said intramuscular. I did I injected just 0.2ml instead of 0.3 cos after the injection I squirted out a fair bit into the air.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mom2One, reason i have been doing IVF was due to low AMH, i believe it was just below 4 in March last year, my age, i am now 40 and the fact that after 18 months of trying we got nowhere so off to IVF we went, we were told we would have a less than 1% chance of getting UTD naturally. I also wasnt ovulating regularly. Seems like we got a golden egg this time though.

I tried the maybe baby the year before last and that really didnt do anything, i really couldnt work out what it was saying. I've also used OPKs but they never worked either, i must have missed everything all the time?

I just found the ovacue monitor really easy to use and dumb free, and if you got lost you can go online and ask, and they reply straight away.

Good luck everyone!! I'm sooo tired, i've been having the weirdest and most vivd dreams.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Ness - How did EPU go? Hope you are feeling ok and not too sore.

MrsOC - I have been reading up on Fertilaid, it seems that it has some really good reviews and lots of very positive testimonials, just trying to work out whether I can take that along with everything else I'm taking.

M2O _ Congrats on being PUPO

Well I had my scan and BT this morning. Apparently there are 14 follies in total of which 5 are over 11mm. Have to wait for BT results. No change so far from last time, I had 14 follies then but only got 5 eggs. I dont really understand how I have 14 follies when my Antral Follicle Count is 6, I thought that was the most follicles you were likely to get?

I asked about my lining and they said its 5mm, which is about where its supposed to be at this stage? Again I dont know too much about the lining so will have to be led by them.

Anyway I'll wait and see what FN says when she calls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LG38, did you have AFC scan this cycle? It is not included in the antagonist schedule, so did you pay for it? I paid for mine. FN was not keen on me doing the AFC scan cos she said it was pointless. I just think it is good to get a look before the cycle starts!

14 follies is fantastic! FSH can cause more to grow so you are normal! Great that 5 are over 11mm, that is very good result considered it only first scan for the cycle! Hope that the rest catch up and you have a good egg count plus good egg quality!

Oh 5mm sounds great! It will grow more and then by EPU, your lining should be perfect. Ideal is at least 8mm I think. Guess what was mine yesterday? FS who did my ET said 25mm! I almost fainted. He saw that I was worried and started to say that external scan isnt accurate and said perhaps it was 20mm. Anyhow he assured me not to be worried about such thick lining. I am trying not to since the lap/hyst showed that everything is fine.

AFM : How do you girls survive the 2ww? I am trying to not go insane. It is torturious! I wish I can fall asleep for two weeks and wake up pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Everyone it's so busy on here so I'll just tell my news quickly - 8 follies retrieved - which resulted in 4 mature eggs so I am very happy with that.

M20 congrats on being PUPO I always do my pregnyl jab on day 3 after EPU are you doing 3 lots on day 3,6 & 9 that's what have always done in the past but now they have changed it to only 2 larger doses.

LG Sounds good - try not to worry about all the little follies you only want a handful of lovely eggs & the quality to be fantastic.

Hi everyone else things are looking really good for a lot of people right now.

I had extra anaesthetic as apparently was moving around too much so woke up feeling really groggy

I'll be back tomorrow baby dust to all!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    M2O - I have only ever had one AFC done and that was prior to stating my first cycle. I didn't think the AFC changed I thought that was the baseline they used?? I could be a little confused here . The nurse called with my BT results and said that Estradol (not sure if I have spelt correctly) is 2000, Prog is 0.7 and LH 1.5 not being a doctor I have no idea, but she tells me thats all good. I have to have my next scan on Saturday which is annoying as I am supposed to be going to a weeding in Echuca on Sat and now I am not sure if we will make it. THere must be something about me and weddings as my last cycle I had to do my trigger shots at my friends wedding!!

Anyway you have put my mind at rest about the lining which is good.

Ness - Thats great news!! for another 100% fert rate on this thread
    Yes I am not so worried about the little ones just confused, which I remember being confused in my last cycle too. I find this IVF caper quite complicated really. I'm just hoping that the DHEA has had a good effect on my egg quality. Hopefully you are having a nice sleep now!!

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ness, wow 8 eggs!!! Good no! Hope your have good fert rate as well!!!! My FN said 3, 6, 9 after EPU. So if Sat is EPU, does that mean first pregynl on Tues? Then Fri then Mon? Am I right? I was told in my FN's email to just inject 0.3ml and discard the rest.

LG38, I understand you now.

I think AFC can change month to month but it should roughly stay the same unless something drastic happens to our body. The last time I did my AFC (last July) it was 15 but for this cycle it was 13. I have read about some women having good AFC one month but bad no the next. Strange things can happen. Some clinics practise AFC scans before commencing antagonist cycles but Monash IVF doesnt. AFC scans let us have an idea of possible stim outcome or dose adjustments if needed. I saw some women's cycles cancelled sometimes when the follicle nos arent good at first scan which is 8-9 days into stim. If there is an early scan, i think cancellation can be avoided and not waste those many days stimming, and waste a whole month due to cancelled cycle! Not sure if I make sense to you.

This cycle I insisted on doing it and paying for it, for peace of mind.

Your hormones sure look very good..sounds really positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm new to this Ivf . Started a stimmulated cycle but got cancelled before ec was so upset only had four follies now have to up does hoping it works . Anyone else been through this ?Both my husband an I have no problems just un explained fertilty as we have a ten yr old son to