Closed Thread
Page 37 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to all

First jab done, yay I'm on my way!! My mum had a look of horror on her face with the FSH and insulin

M2O - No I wont be looking for another job. I will be working for myself from home, much more convenient with this caper!! I think we are all guinea pigs to a degree, but thats life!!

I'm looking forward to a few days off work now, hope you all enjoy the long weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    M2O there is nothing like stressful moments during IVF to make one a little self absorbed perfectly reasonable considering how much is at stake. I too feel very bewlidered by IVF. It's pretty complex for the average punter (which I am). You do feel like you're handing over $10K & rolling the die. As you know I did ovulate early once, luckilly only 1 egg was lost but still a month of meds & G.A. It's not very common so I really hope this does not happen with you. It's a crazy time for Saturday.

LG we're all jabbing now, your Mum will be so happy when all of this produces a beautiful grandchild for her.

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chook – Good luck with trying to catch those eggies, a TWW for you too really A shame you could not go to EPU though. My DH is on to me about Bubhub as well, he said just this morning that he is sick of IVF being the only thing I think about. I told him since he won’t let me talk, I need some way to vent.

M2O – Nice sized follies there. Definately the nerve wracking part of it all now, with the eggs be mature, will they fertilize, will the embies make TF day, are they implanting........ heavens it is no wonder we are all insane right??? And you have an extra step in there now, am i going to ovulate I know that it happens but is very rare on the orgalutran. The DHEA would not have effected the LH surge hon, you haven’t done anything wrong, it does raise your progesterone (it has quite a bit with me actually) but doesn’t effect ovulation. I think your body might be getting a bit excited over all the stimulation. My first cycle after 5 months of DHEA was my shortest ever as well, only 8 days of stimms and before that I was 14 days. Good luck and I’m sure the extra antagonist will hold off ovulation or surely the nurse would have arranged another scan.

LG – I love that feeling of getting started on a new cycle. Good luck hon. And congrats with working for yourself

AFM – having a bit of a freak out today. Sounds like DH is ready to give it all up. He hasn’t been taking any of his supplements and I’ve been on his back, when I asked him why thismorning he responded with “it isn’t going to work anyway” WTF do I do with that? I’m feeling more alone in this everyday. I’m beginning to wonder that even if I get that baby in the end what has this whole F*&#ed up process done to my marriage. We are robbed of more than just money in all this. I was really shocked and utterly disappointed when he said that thismorning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jaye, I know exactly what you mean! I have to be the one dispensing all the supplements for DH, at times he ignores them and I serve him right at the couch where he watches the tele! And at times when i remind him he would say 'What can they do? So what if I take them? It never changes things...' It is true to a certain extent cos his sperm situation hasnt taken a change for the better these 3 years after all the supplements and $ spent, but it is really like a defeatist mentality. If not for BH we will all go crazy...sometimes they just dont bother to hear what want to say. I think men are really different from us ladies. We ladies just have the need to huddle together to whine and share but they are not like us.

I did a LH urine test today and thankfully it wasnt positive. Just being my normal self doing everything I can but I also know there could be a point when I need to just surrender and let go if IVF is not going to work for us.

I was so fearful of this premature luteinization with taking DHEA, have you heard of that? Apparently taking DHEA can add the risk of this problem cos this can increase our testosterone/androgen level and therefore too much LH in our system prematurely and can affect egg quality. I didnt know DHEA can increase P4. Can I know where you get this fact from? I am curious. My P4 is 1.8 and I hope that is normal. I dont know what it should be but nurse was concerned about the LH level.

Ok I am due for my trigger now...last jab! Actually not really last jab...there's still the GA jab to come and I am going to ask the anaethestist (i always get the same one) why the last time for my lap/hyst hurt like hell...i hope this time i can fall asleep nicely and not hurting!

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    M2O I always feel relieved to get to trigger. I didn't know DHEA effected ovulation, it is a hormone I guess. Your P4 is a different unit to the tests I get but my baseline is around 10 when it should be 0 and after LH surge the nurses told me mine is really high, we will see what next months tracking shows.

I think I could have handled DH not thinking the tablets worked but he was referring to IVF!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jaye - Men!! Legend has it that they are the big tough ones looking after us, but in reality....!! This process is so stressful and it takes its toll in a number of ways. I had a big chat with DH just after xmas about this rollercoaster and he says from his perspective it makes him feel quite useless as most of it is on me, which is true for all of us girls, but that does not stop them from losing perspective sometimes. As for BH, I know that it has kept me sane for the last 4 months and I feel more supported by you ladies than anyone else and hope I have been able to offer the same

M2O - Good luck for EPU on Sat. I hope you get some top notch embies

Ness - How are you going? Any idea when your EPU will be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning

Well sort of, I can't believe that I was actually getting on to vent because had my scan this morning & EPU will be Wednesday, the follies looked really good 7 decent sized which is now to date the most we've ever been looking at & yet DH & I are at each other's throats. I really want to go somewhere to just get some space from him but car is getting fixed & there is no where to go anyway. No family that I can just pop over & have a cup of tea with. Feeling emotional!

Well I see that I'm not the only one who has those upsets.

LG your support is very appreciated on BH too.

M20 I now have a shorter trigger time before EPU 34hrs instead of 36 to help manage premature ovulation. Hope tomorrow's EPU goes smoothly & without any pain

Jaye DH sounds like he is struggling with his own grief. I really hope you can work it out together as you came so close last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I'm responding to my own post here - I hope that the day has improved for all as it did for me. Had visitor's coming and going and couldn't dwell on the negatives.

I will have another scan on Monday - I just can't believe that I potentially have 7 eggs, I'm the one who usually has 1 or 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to all

Ness - Glad your day has improved. Its so hard when you are niggling at each other. I have had my mum with me since before xmas and now we have the father in law here too (my family live in UK and FIL lives in Thailand) so we have had to behave ourselves, which is good in one way but stressful in another. The stress of all this gets to us all at some point.
    Thats great news that you potentially have 7 eggs, cant wait to hear your next results. I'm hoping that this cycle brings great results for us all

M2O - Much luck for tomorrow look forward to hearing from you.

Jaye - How are you hon? Hope things are better for you today

Thanks
    Reviews
    LG I absolutely agree good results all round is my hope too! It's just interesting how different protocols can produce such varying results. You're brave having the house so full while in the middle of IVF - I hope your Mum especially is being supportive.

M20DS that you are recovering well from EPU & are feeling positive - let us know how you went