Closed Thread
Page 36 of 85 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ness - I know what you mean, with all that I have done and been through over the last 7 years, I have learnt more from this site and the ladies on this thread in particular than any of the Dr's!!

MY FS is saving the HGH for the next step as she wanted to see if DHEA would do the trick first and I thought that was a good idea due to the difference in the cost. From memory I think she said that HGH was an extra $1200 and at the end of the day I will pay whatever is necessary to get our baby but I'm still hoping that DHEA will do the job, especially as I awoke this morning with 2 massive zits on my very greasy face

that this is the cycle for us all, I think we all deserve a break!!

Good luck to you both for your next scans

Only 1 more day of work this week which I am very glad about and this weather is sensational!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I've been a bt down lately, and have been having a BH break. However, finally have some news that gives a glimmer of hope again.

Just before Xmas, was scanned on Day 8 of a natural cycle, and no follicle was seen. This was the last day before FS went on holiday. I was pretty depressed on Xmas day and in the lead up to my 40th birthday. Then on New Years Eve I had some spotting and next day my temp went up, so maybe I did ovulate in the end. However I got AF 1 week later so if I did ovulate the luteal phase was too short. At least AF was normal this time.

I have now had a 3 cycle break since the last IVF. This cycle I started taking Clomid. This is because the new FS wants to try gentle stims to try to "gently tease" the old eggs out. Was scanned last Monday (Day 10) and no follicles, lining 4mm. Day 1 bloods this time were FSH=15, LH=3 and E2=70. FS asked me to take another lot of Clomid and see him on Friday (Day 14). On Friday, there were two follicles, one on each ovary! They were 14mm and 11mm, and lining was 6mm. Another scan yesterday showed both follicles had grown to 18mm (smaller one caught up) and lining was 10mm.

We won't be able to do egg pick up this time - FS was just back from holiday and nothing was organised - I think the follicles got him by surprise as well. FS estimates I will ovulate today or tomorrow. So at the moment we are DTD twice a day and hoping we'll get lucky.

Have an appointment with the famous Wazza on Feb 14 for another opinion. I am a bit nervous and am expecting him to say I have a 1% chance and get the donor egg speech. DH and I already feel like $hit as it is. Will see what the Wazza recommends, and maybe do a crazy protocol with him at some stage. At the moment I feel inclined to stay with the current FS for at least another cycle to see if his idea with the gentle stims gets any eggs.

Sorry about the lack of personals - but wish everybody all the best. DH wants me to stick away from BH to obsess less. However I will lurk occasionally to check on everyone and post if I get any good news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chook11, am so sorry that you have been going through so much esp emotionally. I can only imagine the heartaches that you are going through esp when we dont understand what our bodies are doing. Am very thrilled that you have got two nice follies as a pleasant surprise, finger crossed! the DTD works and you fall pregnant naturally.

Nessika, I dont really know if the HA binding was a good thing. Fortunately it is not overly expensive just a few hundreds. With our first cycle, I had 5 eggs but 4 fertilised which is superb. We didnt have HA, just ICSI. But I was 36 then and we used day 2/3 embies.

WIth HA binding, we had 11 eggs each of the two cycles, but fert rate was 6 out 11 and (55%) then 4 out of 10 (40%). So the fert rate was getting worse. I am not sure if it was egg quality or sperm quality or both. There isnt any conclusion. we shall see if fert rate improves this round with my dose on 300.

LG38, I also have more zits on my face!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chook Of course we understand that you are needing to look after yourself at the moment. It would be wonderful if Clomid turns out to be the magic potion for you & DH. Good luck with current FS & the famous Wazza, you are doing everything within your power - look forward to hearing a positive update from you soon.

LG & M20DS I've just come back from my scan & there were follies on both sides but too small at this point which is why they don't normally bother with u/s this early on. Nothing interesting to report & will be scanned again Friday - this waiting does get tiresome. Look forward to hearing about both your progress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Had my 2nd scan today and one of my follicles (it should be the 13mm one from Monday) is now 20?! That is so strange to me! And there are 1 @17mm, 2@ 15mm and there rest are all still small. My lining as usual is very thick, a whopping 16mm today but sonographer said it looked all good. So many questions no answer.

Anyway I am told I will trigger tml night, that is so fast to me. EPU is on Sat I cant believe it. That's only after 10 days of stim, well not that I am looking forward to more injections. I am not sure what to think of but I cannot say no to the nurse can I?! I am beginning to feel a bit nervous now. There are so many what if's....Looks like I will have the most 4 eggies. I really wonder how it will turn out this round.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Chook - I am not as experienced as the rest of you with this IVF caper so have nothing to offer there, but I do totally understand the way you are feeling. I hope that the clomid is the answer for you. Keep us posted and I will be keeping everything crossed for you

Ness - Yes I agree the waiting is hard, but hopefully Friday will bring the best news!!

M2O - that does seem quite quick, but hopefully a few more will have caught up. My FS has said that she wants to sight my scan results personally before any trigger date is decided. I think she will give my follies a bit longer to grow this time. Can you contact your FS and see what he/she has to say? After all its your body and you have been through a few cycles now so have a better understanding of the predicted outcome.

AFM - First jab tonight impatient to get started but also apprehensive of course.
    I resigned from my job today so only 4 more weeks working for someone else, which I am very happy about

Thanks
    Reviews
    M2ODS FN has to speak with FS for the go ahead with trigger but as LG says why not try speaking with FS about your concerns. From my experience & I've been there feeling uncertain & trying to tell them what's right but when it is explained I feel reassured that they are doing the best with the circumstances. 10 days of stims is fairly standard for antagonist isn't it? Also great that you have responded well - the lining is definitely something you need to speak with FS about to alleviate any worries there. This is all going to be your last time of having to worry

LG I can hear the happiness in your voice that you are a free woman - almost. Enjoy your long weekend & Yay for jabbing here's to our BFP trifector

Thanks
    Reviews
    FN called me and told me that my LH level is a bit high...14! And she told me to take an extra antagonist jab tonight and another tomorrow morning just in case I ovulate before the EPU.

This hasnt happened to me before. I wonder if it is due to the DHEA I took this morning before BT. On Moonday I took my DHEA after coming home from BT and my level was ok.

I asked for a scan on Friday before my EPU on Saturday she said there is no need cos after my trigger, I will be ovulating anyway. That's so weird, what is the harm of doing another scan. I told her I dont want to get under GA and waste a procedure to harvest nothing but she said that is the risk to be taken?!?!

Feel like I am going to faintz...but just telling myself to stay calm...I have done my best, so there is nothing else I can do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    M2O - Maybe it is the DHEA considering that your dose is 75mg in one go? Its a possibility I guess. Thats terrible that they are making you stressed at this stage of the game. I would still try and speak to your FS as that may help calm you. I injected for 12 days last time from memory, but I dont have anywhere near the experience that you girls do so dont know if that is normal or not.

Ness - Yes I am very happy re the job and I like the idea of a BFP trifector!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    LG38, I only only guess it is DHEA as I have never had this happen to my levels for my last two cycles with BTs involved. Hehe I fully understand...even after 3 cycles, I still have no experience with many things regarding IVF . I really feel that I am a guinea pig! I just hope I wont ovulate prematurely.

Sorry I was so self-absorbed just now...Congratulations on resigning! Are you gonna be a free woman or will you be looking for a new one?