Closed Thread
Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Millie – What lovely numbers I bet you can’t wait to see that gorgeous little heartbeat

Mum2One – How long have you been on the DHEA for? It does take a long time for side effects to kick in full throttle. It is best to take on an empty stomach but my pharmacist says it isn’t extrememly important and not to worry if I forget.

JFB – 15 weeks to go. WOW!!!! Just a quick question, when did you stop taking the Vit D?

LG38 – Are you cycling again soon?

Nessika – yep, when I first started on the DHEA, I couldn’t sleep. It was awful, I’m one when my head hit the pillow I’m out and the DHEA mucked me around for a few weeks, settled down though.
    Last edited by jayemkayare; 10-01-2012 at 16:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Mumto1 -- I think we all feel a little like that with the age thing. I know I do ! But -- my sister had her 2nd child at 42, and mum was 44 when she had me -- that's how old I will be when I give birth. Eeeeek !!!!

Millie -- I had my EPU on the 14th and have my first scan this Friday too. My last bloodtest on the 6th showed 1900+ for HCG, so I am guessing by Friday it should be in the many thousands like yours () -- I have only had 2 blood tests so far. Should I be having more ? Good luck for your scan !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie & CJM1 Will be thinking of you both on Friday & look forward to hearing your happy news

M20 & LG my energy levels are all over the place too, also I was thinking about the weight thing & we have just come through the silly season. I've never taken Predisnole so I didn't know about that side effect. On the other hand I always use Pregnyl for ET & that actually helps you to lose weight - though I despise Pregnyl for being so deceiving. For me the worst side effect of all is mental anguish, just a naturally tense person. Sending out positive vibes for us
    Jaye G'day - you are never far from my thoughts when on BH. Sounds like you have a clear consious my friend, unfortunately I mustn't if that's why one suffer's from insomnia. Usually sleep better after acupunture which I had today . Look forward to cheering you on again soon - with your tests

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jaye - good to hear from you. Yes I will be cycling again this month. Just waiting for AF, should be here around 22nd unless the witch decides to play up!! How are you going with everything?

Ness - I actually managed to lose 1kg over xmas, but I need to lose a lot more, just difficult with all the different meds. I always eat healthily though all the same. I figure that at some stage all the good behaviour will have some effect.

What is the difference with Pregnyl and Crinone? I may ask for Pregnyl if it helps with the weight loss as well. Crinone really messed with my head, I did not enjoy that at all.

I haven't noticed any difference with my sleep on DHEA, but I never sleep particularly well anyway, never seem to be able to switch my mind off these days. I never feel all that relaxed after acupuncture either for the same reasons.

CJ - Thats so nice that you will be the same age as your mum was with you. Good luck for Friday, although I dont think you will need it. Sounds like evrything is as it should be. Look forward to hearing some big numbers

Thanks
    Reviews
    LG I don't know why we are given different progesterone support - Pregnyl is an injection & can give you a lot of pg symtoms & gives false positives with POAS so it's not much fun either - the 2WW is stressful either way. Good on you for actually losing weight over Christmas. So Pregnyl mimics early pregnancy & quickens metabolism which is why it's common to lose 1 or 2 kilos - I'm pretty sure that's what I was told. All of this stress effects ppl differently but I relate to having trouble switching off. I mean pre awareness of infertility I could at least enjoy some escapism in a bar or something. I suppose with Diabetes you would have to limit that anyway. Hope AF is right on time so you can get started

M20 Where are you up to with the tests & results at the moment? Dhea for me are powdered capsules also. All of this hard work & research must be getting you closer to a BFP now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ness - sounds like Pregnyl is mother natures idea of a joke!!! Seriously, its so cruel that these things give you preg symptoms. I had a few on Crinone but I dont think that also gives false positives, well not that I've been told anyway.

Yeah you need to be careful what you eat and drink with diabetes, even though the insulin helps control it, its not a good idea to cut loose too often.

I totally agree re the pre infertility awareness. I too have spent all of my 30's TTC and its very tough, especially when you see all your friends and family getting their babies. Thats part of the reason I am giving my job up and starting up on my own so that when it hopefully happens I wont have to leave he or she with anyone else.

My Gran always used to say ' what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' and if that is true then us ladies here must be the strongest of them all.

Where are you up to in your cycle now? Have you starting jabbing again yet?

M2O - were you seeing another FS today?

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Guess what? I did not manage to see the new FS today cos the %#^@ receptionist screwed up and did not put down my appt when I called them early Dec. DH even took time off work just for the appt but we did not see the FS. Cant even squeeze us in. Now we are put on MOnday arvo but it may be too late if my AF comes this week cos she is quite due already. I am going to do antagonist which means I have to start jabs on day 2 of AF. What a bummer...****ed.

Sorry for the rant...It is so frustrating waiting and waiting esp when due to stupid human errors....I can miss a month of IVF just because of this one stupid tiny mistake made by the receptionist.

LG38, pregnyl is actually HCG so it can give false positive whereas crinone is progesterone so it wont. In monash IVF pregnyl is out of stock so not sure if we can get it if we want to use it, last cycle I wanted to use it but no stock so ended up using luveris which cost a bomb and didnt work.

I also honestly honestly dislike accupuncture and just cannot relax with it. I think what accupuncture does is to improve blood circulation esp impt at the abdominal area and I do believe it will work but it doesnt relax me sadly. Perhaps we can do massage which may help with blood circulation too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    M2O - My god I would be livid!! To miss a cycle due to incompetence is just wrong. How frigging hard is it to enter an appointment into a calendar..?!?!?!
    I really hope you dont miss this month, I will have everything crossed for you.

Yeah I have acupuncture again on Saturday, but I dont look forward to it, maybe its because I ahve to stick needles in myself 3 times a day anyway and then IVF on top of that and then TCM!!

I am a regular massage client (my friend is a masseur) but they do not recommend massage in first trimester, including PUPO as apparently there is a possibility that some pressure points can trigger miscarriage. My friend does say that its very unlikely but you never know.

I am off to Monash in the morning to relieve myself of a few thousand dollars again I'm still nervous about this cycle but also excited of course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies, how are you all?
    Sorry i havent been on for a while, i've been reading along but have been laying low. Feeling a little down still and I turn the big 40 tomorrow so thats making me feel even lower, geez i would have thought i would have had a child by now. A big part of me is thinking i should get used to not having children as chances are getting slimmer and slimmer the older i get.

Mom2One, i would be soooo mad, i dont know why they couldnt just fit you in if they had made a mistake, even at the end of the day or first thing in the morning, considering it was all their fault!!!

Looks like not a lot of us do like this acupuncture thing, as with you LG and Mom, i think its yuck having to stick needles in my body and then being told to relax, how??? I cant imagine relaxing when i have needles stuck in me, cant roll over, cant move my legs just incase. blah blah

Hey Ness, CJ, Jaye, JB, Spot, aaargh i've missed a few sorry!

Have a great day xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Har MrsOC, Sorry you are feeling down...I know how discouraging it is....one moment I am hopeful the next I feel hopeless...I am also a Jan baby like you. Not nice growing older!

My DH called the receptionist and asked to squeeze us in but still we didn't get to see dr. Sucks! I am just hoping I am not losing my cool over this though feeling so unfair that I will miss a month cos of this...I am telling myself it is ok, it is not meant to be, something will work out and maybe even if I got the appt start another cycle it may not work blah blah blah....

We managed to call another FS but this one is further but he can see us tml! So we are off but fn says no guarantee can start a cycle, they may want to do BTs for HIV, hep b and c! I hope they would be able to get my results from my previous FS so I won't need to do BTs again! Finger crossed everything goes well from here. All the phone calls and coordination, my heart's gonna pop! And need to run over to GP 1st thing tml am to get a brand new GP referral. Faints....
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 12-01-2012 at 14:24.