Closed Thread
Page 28 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi LG38, have a great time with your parents! Yeah the needleless injections sure sounds really good! Ask about it. )

Seeing FS later. So far greasy hair and skin not sure if it is due to DHEA but all along I do have them. Perhaps just bit aggravated. I hope it will help with egg quality too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    M20 Good luck with FS, I know you've recently had surgery are you hoping to be cycling again straight away?

LG I'm glad your DH is supportive of your decision to give Out laws a wide berth. It's a pity as when you finally get your miracle baby they are going to want to be a part of it all, that's basically what happened with me.

I hope Dhea is doing wonders for all of us too, I've uped my dose to 75mg in recent months. I know a lot of us also do TCM as well just wondering what they normally say about your pulse. Yesterday I was told it was really good but am often told it's weak.

Hello to Linds if you're still checking in hope you are enjoying new place & for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ness, FS said everything on my reproductive insides looked as healthy as can be, no endo. However he could not tell me if my NK cell level is normal or abnormal. That was frustrating. I am seeing a new FS with a new facility on 11 jan regarding sperm magnification. Then we will decide whom to cycle with and hoping that would be mid this month.

Before I took DHEA TCM lady told me my pulse on the right hand is now stronger. I am not sure why. Usuallyy the right is weaker than my left. I hope that is a good sign. I think it could be due to being more restful in my mind state? I am trying to really work on that area as my heart palpitations can get out of hand at times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    M20 That's great that you are looking healthy & doing all the research, so you should be cycling again in just over a week from now. Do you have any reason to believe that NK cell level is the problem other than embryo's not taking? Hope you get some good answers to make your decision. Interesting about pulses too that it is all positive! Good to hear that you are making progress with your anxiety/ heart palpitations, so important. Is why I logged on today - just feel so irritable it's ridiculous, only started Synarel last night but I guess I'm just a big miserable PMS right now I hate this feeling - oh well I've been living with it for about 25yrs & it does pass. BTW I started taking Spatone & it has helped with my energy levels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ness, great that spatone is helping you. I still have no idea if my NK cell levels are ok, guess I need to wait till my FS speaks with the reporting doctor next week.

We started ivf due to DH's MFI but we have tried ICSI as well as HA binding but till date we havent got a BFP. I kept thinking DH does have sperm, about 4-5 million, there is no reason we cannot get good ones from him unless his condition is that bad eg serious DNA fragmentations etc. So I am beginning to conclude that our no implantation is probably due to egg quality. That is why i went on TCM as well as lots other supplements hoping to improve on that.

At the same time, we want to zoom down on our problem so DH will probably do a SCSA with the new FS as it is half expensive compared to my current FS.

Talking about inner peace, I lost it yesterday haha...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ness - Sorry to hear you are feeling like that. Its not surprising that we get a bit irritable with all the hormones coupled with the stress of IVF. I hope you feel better soon. I will do a bit of research into spatone, not sure I could face taking anything else but I like the sound of increased energy levels!! Might help me lose some of the weight I put on in the last cycle

M2O - are you still with Monash or have you gone somewhere else? Are you happier with your new FS so far? It must be very frustrating to have had the NK test and then they tell you they dont know about the levels...?!?!

I'm booked in to pick up all meds next week ready for next cycle. I'm getting a bit nervous about it. Hoping DHEA has made the necessary difference. Back to work on Monday not looking forward to that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Happy New Year -- hope everyone had a good time in preparation for a fabulous year ahead.

Ness -- so hear you on the PMS symptoms, the IVF drugs really seem to amplify them!! Try to find time for yourself if you can, I found exercise helped.

Mum2oneDS -- I am surprsied they didn't do a SCSA test on your DH before -- I think there shoud be tests that both undergo at the very start even if they are negative it gives a starting point -- it often seems the clinics spend too long doing tests a little at a time -- why not eleiminate everything at the start ! some of us have a time limit !!!

LG -- inlaws just have no idea sometimes, glad to hear your DH is supportive. We won't be telling the inlaws until after the 2nd trimester -- and all the tests etc have been done.

AFM -- got the results of my second BT today (my clinic finally opened again) HCG is up to 1983 and Progesterone is 234 (a slight drop but not much) so all signs are good ... still can't quite believe it, I don't feel pregnant. Not really any pregnancy signs yet -- but I guess those will come! Pregnancy scan next Friday. Trying to think good thoughts that this pregnancy will stick and visualise us telling people, and basking in the birth !!! This is scary !!

Hope everyone else is travelling along well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    cjm1, yeah you are absolutely right with what you said. When we begin doing IVF, the FS just assumed problem was with DH after all sperm analysis showed he has MFI. My BTs were ok so they deemed I am perfectly fine and they kept saying I am still young. I was 35 then. It is so deceptive! Then at 36 another FS decided to make
    me do AMH test and found out my ovarian reserve is declining. Cant imagine how time flies and I am almost 38 and not a single implantation after 3 cycles. And we were the ones who asked to do SCSA after I read up about it. Lesson learnt - cant trust those FS completely and have to do our own research!

So excited that your HCG has gone up higher and the figures look good! Here's hoping symptoms will soon follow to make you feel pregnantt, but not too much to make you too sick. It's so funny that we ivfers would love to have every pregnancy symptom esp after all that we have gone through. I think those we fall pregnant easily and naturally never understand us.

LG38, I think DHEA is making my basal temperature going nuts cos every morning I get fluctuating readings. I dont even know when I ovulated after my LH went +ve this month. I never had this before. It has always been LH+ve, temperature rise and then consistent throughout luteal phase. Oh yes I sometimes did not hear my alarm go off and forget to take the DHEA. So I have been taking like sometimes 7pm, sometimes 11pm, sometimes 9pm...oh dear...and I forgot to take one day too...Think I had better put in some effort to take it at the same time each day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    CJM - Congratulation on your increasing levels. They sound great Believe me, you will feel very pregnant soon Symptoms usually creep in after the 6 week point. Enjoy your comfortable pregnancy while you have it (I've had reflux from 5 days after transfer )

'Hi' To everyone else? How are you surviving the 'silly season'?

Millie

Thanks
    Reviews
    CMJ Positive thoughts & visualisation sounds fantastic congrats on good rising levels & for a scan that gives you a thrill to see that little heart beat the most precious moment. How often do you see inlaws? May be hard to conceal till end of 2nd trimester

Millie Reflux is so common, I ended up taking medication in the third trimester for chronic reflux. Can I ask as I was on BH break around the time did you girls have a 2 emby transfer? How many weeks are you now?

M20 I had to look up SCSA was - it's outrageous that all of this is so hard. I had the exact same experience regarding AMH testing by the time I ended up in IVF clinic was 33 & I even did a cycle before they bothered testing my egg reserve. I still get frustrated - I am 38 in April & feel like my whole 30's have been spent TTC obviously with a break when was actually pregnant. Still we have to remain positive - I've been reading a book by Zita West who has is not an FS but a midwife, nutritionist & acupunturist & she reckons Spring & Summer gives you a higher chance for BFP with IVF so I thought I'd pass on some more hope to my cycle buddies for us being right in the middle of summer

LG Hope work isn't as bad as it seems after having a break - have you started meds? I think I start jabbing next Monday. I have found infertility has given me more motivation to be healthier & lose weight than vanity. Apparently even losing a little bit of weight can help improve chances. If you think your iron levels may be low then I recommend spa tone, it's good for pregnancy anyway.