Closed Thread
Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LG38, I did ask my FN about some clinical trials but she said they are all done or half way through. I cant remember if there is anything about this growth hormone trial though. Anyway though I already have one DS, time is also of essence to us cos after 3 BFN cycles and one miscarriage since 2008 for ttc#2, we are stil not getting there.

Yeah the growth hormone is ex stuff and I have heard that it might work for some but some said it did nothing for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    M2O - Its so hard isnt it when time is against you. I have heard also that DHEA and Growth Hormone work for some but not all. I am keeping everything crossed that this stuff will work for both of us

I sent script to the docklands pharmacy today, you can fax in and they will post out to you. Also they keep the repeat on file so you can just phone through when you need it. Thats really handy. Cost was $75 for 100 tabs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies, I've been away for a week was very busy at work and also welcomed two baby nieces within 5 days of each other, so beautiful, makes me want my own bubba all the more!

Celebrated our one year anniversary yesterday, was a lovely day out. Spent all day cleaning and putting the tree up today and am now sitting outside enjoying the sun, gorgeous day!

So yesterday I went to the fs for my cd3 scan and all going well, started gonal f last night and back on Friday for another scan to see how the follies are going, must say I prefer gonal to that puregon, no stinging and so far no bruises! Fingers crossed this month I get some better numbers and get to a transfer and maybe maybe that hoped for bfp, atleast AF played nice this time and came on day 27.

I've given up on the dhea, fs said it increased my eastrogen too much, I'm feeling more energetic and happier, although most ppl day they get more energy on it, it was the opposite for me. I have about 50 left if anyone wants them. I got mine from the compound pharmacy in yarraville, they were $66 for 100.

How is everyone feeling?

Mom2one when is your surgery?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MrsOC, wow two nieces within 5 days! Congratulations!!! And glad that you had a wonderful 1st anniversary!!! Here's many more to come!

Glad that your sprang back onto your feet and doing another cycle! Wow! Will you in time for a xmas transfer? You beat me to it hahaha...

My op is on 16 Dec...i hate all this waiting...i hope my eggs are not aging as I wait!!!

How long were you on DHEA? You mentioned it made you energetic and happier but then you mentioned it doing the opposite? I dont quite understand.

I read from some people that it made me more energetic. Yes I hope to be more energetic cos I am a tired bug!

It is a really a gamble taking DHEA, cos it can give too much estrogen which may increase cancer risks and it can give too much testosterone! That is why I really hestitated about using it.

Do you continue to take DHEA between ovulation and AF or during the 2ww??

LG38, the script that FS gave me is a tiny one, just 1/4 of A4 paper. And he wrote 25mg for 4 months! I asked for 50mg and he decided to make it 25mg. There is no repeat on the script. I am not sure if I should get another script or just take 2-3 tablets instead of 1. He was not there and I couldnt ask him! Does your script have any pharmacy contact? or are we supposed to find out own compounding pharmacy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya

Sorry my message got confused, with the dhea I was tired and lethargic, I didn't feel great at all and got extra hairy and greasy hair and couldn't loose any weight, now that I've been off it for two weeks I'm feeling much better. I was on it for four and a half months, 75mg per day and my egg quality and quantity were worse than without it. I must have enough testosterone without it.

Yes if all goes well I think I'll have pick up on Wednesday or Friday next week and transfer the following week. Please please please!

You have to find your own compound. Pharmacy, I know there is the one in yarraville, one in south yarra and the docklands one, I googled it and there was a list. Like lg, I faxed a copy and called them and they posted it out to me, got it the next day, then I posted the original and they kept them for when I wanted a refill.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs OC - Hi good to have you back. Much luck for your EPU Congrats on the new additions to the family, I know what you mean about it making you want your own even more, hopefully we'll all get our dream soon.

M2O - My FS gave me a script for 100 tabs and a repeat. he told me to take 75mg a day. I spoke to my FN today as I wasnt sure about a couple of things with my next cycle and she told me that I will keep taking the DHEA right through up to pregnancy test and if its BFN i will continue to take until my next cycle as long as the side effects dont trouble me too much.

FS did tell me about the compounding pharmacy and she mentioned the slade pharmacy in docklands which is why I rang them. It was all very easy just faxed script and then they rang me and I paid over the phone and they are posting out, should be with me by Thursday.

I would give your FS a call as mine told me that you really have to take the 75mg for at least 6-8 weeks to see a difference?? Although I'm sure they all have slightly different opinions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LG38, yours the slade pharmacy in docklands? I was given compoundia pharmacy by another lady on the other thread. I called and she said 120 costs 90. Yours is 100 for $70. I thought we were trying the same pharmacy until i saw the price differences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I am sure a muddlehead. I think the Slade pharmacy is the same as Compoundia. Just googled it. Thank GOD for google!!! Funny the cost that lady gave me is more ex than yours. Each tablet (whatever) is 75cents for me but 70cents for you? That is funny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    M2O - no mine is $75 for 100 tabs so same as yours. its no wonder we get muddled with all this stuff, there is so much to remember!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,

I hope you are able to help me this is my 5th cycle and has been the worst one by far here is a quick rundown.

I have always had a great fert rate and never any immature eggs before i had 4 eggs retrieved and 3 were immature and one has fertilised I have been doing a ultra down reg cycle so i have been in menopause for 3 months prior to the cycle first scan their were 6 follies a couple of them were quite small i have been on dhea for 5 months every other cycle i have had two scans or i scan and another blood test I feel I have been rushed and that is why it has been such a bad cycle.

any idea's ?