Closed Thread
Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Chook - I'm so sorry sending you lots of

Ness - Yes it is encouraging that DHEA is good for RA and Diabetes. Now I'm just nervous in case FS will not prescribe, even though she has been known to.

M2O - I will ask my FS on Monday re the high dose og Gonal and egg quality and see what she has to say. When are you seeing yours again? Are you going to cycle again in december?

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

My body decided it didn't want to start IVF next week, I had scheduled an apptmnt with FS today but had to cancel & go to a chiropractor instead as had a night of agony with back spasms that left me incapacitated, DH had to take the day off to look after our 15mnth old. Anyway Chiropractor worked his magic and now I'm able to function semi normally & will go back tomorrow. He is Asian, very educated but alternative in a lot of his methods and he reckons that my body is too acidic & also I'm carrying too many emotional blockages. To be honest I really dislike pumping myself full of hormones & I don't know who to believe anymore, he said that if I could get my body out of being dangerously acidic I could fall pg with twins naturally he also said I was confused - well he got that right!

I'm tired of IVF at the moment and need to give it all a break. Of course I'm not completely against it as it got us a much cherished DD & for that I will always be eternally gratefull and am constantly meeting other families who have been blessed with children with a lot of help from science - I sincerely hope that all my poor responder friends dreams come true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nessika, glad that your pain has gone. Really do understand your emotions, I am feeling pretty similar too as you can see below.

I went to my TCM clinic and one practitioner who saw me shared with me about her views. She said if she were me she wont do IVF even if she ends up childless. I dont know why she said that. I was not angry at all at her comments cos I know where she is coming from. She is a nice person. She suffered a miscarriage last year and she said it is unimaginable esp with her being a TCM practitioner. And now she is pregnant again and bleeding a bit. I am feeling a bit confused after hearing what she said.

Then while I was grocery shopping I met a friend. She told me she is pregnant with 5th baby. I congratulated her. Then she told me all this is God's plan and will. She didnt want to have another baby and was very careful to avoid getting pregnant again but she did again. I didnt know what to say but I told her we have secondary infertility and have been trying since 2008. Didnt tell her we are doing IVF treatment cos I know she is going to give me a piece of her mind. I dont know why I got this coming to me today. Am I getting the message to stop trying..to stop IVF? Am I trying too hard? I have been in pondering mode now.

LG, yeah I will be wondering what your FS would say. I hope she will issue you the script. I wonder if she would tell you it was just your first cycle so try another cycle and see how it goes next without DHEA. Sometimes i can guess what our FS will say haha...

I have emailed my FS' secretary about getting a script without seeing FS but she didnt reply. I wil only see him 3 Jan for consult but 16 Dec for lap/hysteroscopy, not sure if there is chance to seek him for a script on that day. I will probably cycle in mid jan/feb depending on AF arrival date. It could be a last time cycling cos I am not sure if I have been trying too hard. Sometimes letting go could be a good thing...haiz..i am getting philosophical after hearing from two ladies today....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ness - I'm sorry you are feeling so confused and tired of it all, but you have been on the IVF journey for far longer than I and I'm sure it takes its toll. I hope that whatever you decide works out for you and in case we dont hear from you for a while, thanks for all the help and support

M2O - I think thats what I am worried about, her telling me to try another cycle without DHEA. I can understand that point of view, but I am 38 no and 39 is looming fast and have never managed to conceive at all, so I really feel that time is of the essence, which is what I will be saying.

It sounds like you've had a really rough day with people gracing you with their opinions!! Why are some people against IVF?
    Either way its your decision and no one elses. I so wish that people would think before they speak. I have said it before but those of us doing IVF have already been through so much by the time we get here and our emotions are quite fragile, although I think we all cover them quite well after so much practice.

I hope your FS gives you the script and that your next cycle is the one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LG38 View Post
    It sounds like you've had a really rough day with people gracing you with their opinions!! Why are some people against IVF?
    Either way its your decision and no one elses. I so wish that people would think before they speak. I have said it before but those of us doing IVF have already been through so much by the time we get here and our emotions are quite fragile, although I think we all cover them quite well after so much practice.

I hope your FS gives you the script and that your next cycle is the one
    LG38, well said about us iVFers. Yesterday one of my best friends called me (She is overseas) to see how I was. She was the only one i told about ivf and she is so supportive and wonderful as always. It is so nice to have friends whom you can confide your soul to without being judged. Then in the evening i met up with some other friends (they dont know i am on ivf) and cried my eyeballs out. Besides IVF there are other family issues (my side) that are really bothering me and it was a good crying session with tissues everywhere haha...they were trying their best to comfort me. I couldnt bring myself to share about ivf with them but they were still really nice people who were there for me over family matters.

I hope i will hear something from my FS' secretary tomorrow. I am quite doubtful i wont get the script since 3 cycles havent worked for me, but she may say I will have to wait til 3 Jan or squeeze in another appt to earn a $90 consult fee from me. Even though it is claimable but to earn $90 for a script is really good $$ right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to All,

Went back to FS today and I am feeling a little more positive. She has given me a script for DHEA and my next cycle will be mid to late January. I will do the January cycle and the following one if necessary on DHEA and if that has not worked we will then look at using the growth hormone. I opted to try DHEA before the growth hormone as apparently that adds another $2500 to the cost of a cycle.

We are also going to trigger later on the next cycle. Wont be triggering until follicles are 20mm.

I asked if she thought that high dose of Gonal had compromised quality and she said no. I also asked if we should test AMH and she doesnt see the point as she is certain from all other tests that I have LOR and is treating me as such. We are also going to do PICSI next time and something else to do with Calcium that I cannot remeber exact details of.

Anyway thats where we are at for now.

M2O - How are you feeling today? Better I hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LG38, woo hoo about your FS writing you the script!!! Will you go on 75mg straightaway?

Why does your FS say she wants to wait about triggering only at 20mm? Is it so that you can wait for more follicles to catch up? Are you still going on 450IU?

Are you referring to calcium ionophore? To help with fertilisation? Does your DH has any issues to use this method and PICSI?

I probably start a cycle end Jan too looking at my AF dates. But I am going on 300IU this time. I will need to see my FS on 3 Jan to get that organised. I am also seeing a new FS on 11 Jan cos we may do the cycle at another facility instead of Monash. For now I just make sure all my appts are booked. I hope it wont be too busy and I can jump onto a cycle (since there will be lots of people starting IVF due to Xmas and New year back log)

Oh FS' secretary just emailed me and said FS has prepared the script for DHEA so I will collect it tml and see where I can buy it and start taking!!! DH doesnt even know I want to try DHEA. He will say I am already trying everything in the world!

Looks like it is just two of us on this thread. It's been so quiet!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    M2O - Yes I will start on 75mg. I think the idea behind waiting for trigger until 20mm is she was a little confused at why they only collected 5 eggs, she said that although I am LOR the amount of follicles I had v's the amount of eggs collected was a bit of a head scratcher. I will still be on 450 dose of Gonal.

Yes calcium ionophore is what she said along with PICSI ( I'm terrible at remembering some of this stuff), no he apparently doesnt have any issues as such but I said that only 1 out of 3 eggs fertilising tells me that there is something wrong with either the sperm or the egss and I want to give us the best chance possible and she is in agreement.

Thats great news that they gave you the script, we can be paranoid about the side effects together

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh now I have a better picture about the calcium thingy and PICSI. I read some studies about the calcium ionosphere but thought it was some old thing and didn't dare to ask FN but surprised your fS suggested that. So monash ivf has this 'technique'? Any additional costs?

Hehe funny about being paranoid about the side effects together!!! Hope we will only have the desired improved egg quality and quantity effects and not the others!

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what she told me today, the additional cost is only around $200. for the calcium thingy and PICSI. It seems that the Growth Hormone is the expensive thing, she says an additional $2500!! Although, and you may wat to ask your FS about this, they are doing a trial at Monash IVF on the growth hormone which she offered to me, but due to my age and the fact that I have never conceived I feel that time is of the essence for me and with the trial you could get the real thing or the placebo and I just cannot risk wasting a month, but it may be worth a go for you?? You never know you could get lucky and get the real thing its 50/50 after all.