Closed Thread
Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh you've been chatty girls, but now it's the weekend I'm sure it will go quiet again.

Jaye - hugs to you hon, must be so hard not being able to move on from your m/c. Just wondring do you know what caused the infection in the first place? it has really messed things up for you hasn't it. I don't know if it's any consolation to you still being fairly young in terms of TTC years although if you run out of energy (or money) it doesn't matter how old or young you are. Don't give up hope. We are coming up to our 6th year of trying for #2 and like LG I am still hoping!

LG - yep packing up & moving house is the BEST form of distraction I can think of!!! All the best as you wait some more for the all telling BT on Wed. I reckon DHEA helped me go from getting only 1 follicle for 3 cycles to 3 this last time. It was my 4-5th month of being on it.

Mom - wow you are seriously proactive & organised, good on you! I had a lap when TTC #1 and there was one tiny incision at the base of my belly button & another at the top of my pubic line. It was uncomfy wearing jeans for a few days and the gas they pump in to inflate the cavity & move organs out of the way leaves you feeling quite sore if you try to sit up the next day so I lay in bed all day except for loo trips. Then I was good to go. I did get a BFP 5 mths later but m/c then another the next month which was DS.

Chook, GL cycling, can't remember exactly where you're up to.

Millie - hope your lining is PERFECT this time & Wazza gives you the go ahead for your FET. Let us know how it's going.

Smurf - great news & GL to you. We will miss you a lot around here though.

Nessika - good to see you back again for your pre Christmas cycle. I won't be up & running til next year so nice to have my break during the silly season when there is so much going on.

Actually DH & I still haven't talked about plans for next cycle though I assume there will be one. In fact I never even called the nurses but they must presume since I never booked a BT that there was no need for one. Such a slacker I am. One of these days I will call my FS too. I have not taken any DHEA, CoQ10, melatonin or my iron/folate tabs for a week now, just got out of the habit I guess. I admire everyone else's discipline & am disappointed in my own lack of. Ah well will get back to gluten-free & all the other good stuff soon I suppose. Have a great wkd everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Busy busy thread, will try & catch up

Smurf I just remembered about your scan yesterday & thought will it be 1 or 2? so thrilled for you that everything is OK, that you heard & saw that precious heartbeat, lots of love to your little family - crazy Ness has tears in her eyes again happy ones enjoy this miraculous time xoxo

Jaye Yes like Linds I see your age as a good thing & feel that there is so much hope for you but I can imagine you feel ripped off being so young & having this ongoing heartbreak & struggle. We all completely understand that feeling of wanting your own baby to love & hold - it is certainly not too much to ask & I'm hoping & praying that you get your miracle soon so that your life can be a joyful one, I'm sorry that you have these setbacks before getting started again. Lets hope they find some answers moving forward

Bronwyn Sorry to hear that you've been having such a difficult time as you asked about personal experiences re cycles using Saizen(I have not tried Luveris) I had good experience with HGH(standard amount for 10 days) during last cycle first time to have 3 eggs collected, all fertilized & all grew to day 5 only 1 blasty put back by choice BFN however will be doing another cycle nxt mnth with HGH again. I always do long down as didn't respond well to antagonist in the past & got 1 BFP from long down 2yrs ago. (no HGH only 1 egg) Best of luck in your IVF journey

I will come back for the rest of personals later on today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Back again, yes it is much quieter on wknds except for me - will work backwards

Linds
    it's completely natural that you would have given up on the whole routine (briefly I hope) You always say that you could have tried harder but it seems to me that you put a lot of effort in & have had loads on your plate. I agree that Christmas time seems a bit of a crazy time to be cycling. I also find with having a young child I don't have the time & energy to put into myself as much (not complaining) as I did prior. I think your positive & faithful spirit will get you over the line

M20 So sorry to hear that you are now having to put your next cycle on hold although it may be a very good thing if it is able to improve your chances significantly. As far as I'm aware Dhea can help with both quality & quantity but mainly the former. I am a student of IVF & how to get the best embies etc from what I can tell it is so random & like we keep hearing a numbers game. I hope your perfect emby his or her way to you soon. I know a lot of the poor responders were on Dhea when they got BFP.

LG Good luck with your move & I hope all your POAS will give you a BFP, Dhea definitely has a massive reputation of being useful but I know what you mean about all the experimenting, there is still so much unknown - I think the future generations are going to have a much easier time with IVF than us, then again it has made massive improvements over the last decade which we can benefit from including ICSI & for those of us with LOR.

Millie With your scan - I want my cycle buddies to get a BFP so then I can get mine a few weeks later then we can be drained by pg too (so we can tell the fertiles how draining it is LOL) Go Wazza!

Chook Good luck so there is a chance that you could have gotten a natural BFP this month - if not are you planning to do another IVF cycle next month? You've been so patient - it's your turn for some Are you seeing Wazza now too?

Hi everyone else

AFM I'm going to the medical centre next week to ask for some blood tests, I just feel so tired a lot & getting headaches. I've been off IVF since Oct am just taking Dhea along with Coenzyme 10 etc,wondering if anyone else has had this experience with debilitating lethargy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Linds, thanks for your sharing about the lap details, really put my heart at ease now and i am ready to go for it.

Nessika, have you got your iron level checked before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ness, you're not UTD are you? Hope you get an answer soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to all,

Well I'm afraid I am out for now. AF arrived last night complete with all the bells and whistles she usually brings (god I hate her so much)!!

So now to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves down again and get going on the next plan, whatever that turns out to be. Glad I booked an appointment with the FS for the 5th, at least hopefully we'll have a plan that will keep me going through xmas.

Thanks to all for the advice and support you have given me, I've learnt quite a lot and at least will be better informed when I see the FS. I'll still be checking in to see how you are all going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arrghh LG38, I am so sorry. It is easy to say 'Dont be discouraged' but I know it is easier said than done. Yes, take time to feel sad and then dust yourself and come back. Hopefully your FS will give some advice but I know he probably say this is the first cycle so it is experimental blah blah...they are quite good at getting our hopes up and make us up and about again. Important is to work out the next step. Maybe we will be cycle buddies in Jan/Feb?

Ladies, for those who did lap, is it true that hysteroscopy is usually done too? And do your FS do D&C at the same time? Or it depends on the situation? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    M2O - Thanks, yes I'm hoping that I'll be able to cycle again in Jan. I had Hyst and D&C etc done all at the same time as the lap. I think they usually try and do them together.

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    LG - I hope that there will be nothing to delay you cycling again in January. And next transfer will bring you increased odds of getting that BFP

M2O – Yes, if your AMH is low then DHEA can help with egg quality as well as quantity. But it really depends on the reason for your poor egg quality, low AMH or something else. If your AMH is low then that is the most likely explanation and I’d give the DHEA a go. You’ve only had one cycle, maybe see how things look after your next one if your worried about side effect of the DHEA.

I’m pretty sure that the hysteroscopy comes standard when you have the lap. You do need both on the consent form, do you remember what it said. The D&C they (my clinic anyway) do on a needs basis at the time, they only do it if they see the need. I’d make sure that it will be part of it hon, no point getting cameras stuck through your belly button and not up “there” as well.

Linds – Don’t worry about your lack of motivation to take your supplements. I think we all get that. And I actually like having a couple of weeks not taking it all. I’m sure it has no ill effect. When your ready to move on, like you said, you will be back on track and just a determined as ever. At the moment I’m satisfying over 6 months of craving coke.... and that is REALLY bad for fertility..... and I don’t care. Hmmmm I wonder if I start smoking if I’ll get a naturally miracle over Christmas......

No, I don’t know what caused the infection, the only thing that my FS has come up with so far is that it is from a previous ET, which really doesn’t seem fair. That’s why he wants the hysteroscopy, he said the inflammation was so bad last time that he couldn’t really see much. My age doesn’t have anything to do with my chances of success, my AMH is undetectable and my FS says he views me in the same chances as the 40+ age group, and even the 40+ usually have some level of AMH.

Milie - I hope that lining is doing what it is supposed to.

Chook -

Nessika – Good idea to get the blood tests, might as well get any deficiencies sorted before you cycle again. I think I might even do the same thing once this darn MC has all resolved. The DHEA should be giving you more energy if anything. Sounds like we all need a big holiday really doesn’t it???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jaye, I have had 3 ivf cycles done not one. So I am beginning to think that though we started ivf due to MFI, now it seems egg quality could be an issue too. My AMH is 6.7, though it is half of 15 (normal reading) I could always make a good no of eggs all my 3 cycles (5, 11, 11) so I am suspecting egg quality more and more. I take very good care health wise not sure why me eggs are bad. Mum had 3 of us, sis has 3 girls so I don't supposed anything could be that wrong with me but failing ivf again and again is really making me feel like a loser.

I conceive DS unplanned but those few months before conceiving him I was really sick, had hospital treatments and rested physically and emotionally. I think having inner peace and contentment then were probably what helped my body to conceive haha...sometimes I think when we are at a restful place be it in our body or mind, it can really help.

How many Amh tests have you done to conclude it was undetectable?