Closed Thread
Page 10 of 85 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsOC - Thank you so much, I at least now know that I am not losing it and thats the best explanation of how it feels when others tell you their wonderful news.

I had a day 2 transfer as only one egg fertilised and today I am 7dp2dt so have been taking the Crinone for 6 days. It really is quite awful stuff. This is my first cycle and didnt use Synarel but I have been reading what the rest of you post about it. They do appear to be the worst offenders. I do also have a really bad cold which is making me feel yukky which is probably not helping.

Hopefully it will all be worth it and the foreboding feeling that I have is unfounded and also Crinone related!!

I hope AF comes for you soon so that you can get on with your next cycle ( is it normal for AF to be delayed after a cycle?) I'm still very green about all this trying to learn as I go along.

Good luck to us all, I think we all deserve a miracle for what we go through with this IVF caper

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow so many pregnancy and birth announcements I am hearing....makes me want to cry...

Thanks MrsOC and Nessika...every month when AF arrives I become depressed on the first day...I am feeing depressed suddeny and really badly needing some time-out from the whole world except BH....Just now I was out buying stuff and I almost broke into tears at the cashier....I am going nuts...

LG38, surprisingly I dont get moody with crinone...i am geting my moods right now...2 day after sttopping crinone....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patientbeing- sorry, i forgot to say hi last time, i realised as soon as i hit reply - sorry!! How are you going waiting for AF, any day now?

LG, definately, unfounded or not (its not cause its crinone related, and it is cause you are happy and healthy except for your cold and very much deserving a little bubba)

I think it depends on each persons body, mine was totally boobed after the cycles and hormones, and have been playing up on me. After i had M/c, i had my AF within two weeks and that is apparently virtually unheard of (usually 4 to 6 weeks later), then the next one was nearly 6 weeks, then the next 5 weeks then the next they had to induce it to come along with progesterone tabs?????

Mom2One - you poor thing, remember its the hormones, be kind to yourself and maybe get a massage or something (or hide away from the world for a day or so), i have been ok this time, not soo bad but i've been in bits before, once in the Target baby area, buying presents for baby showers and had to sit on the floor to cry, it just came over me, its happened in the pathology with all the blood tests, and i did it in the hospital last week when they said 2 eggs, i just cried. I was lucky and had a nice nurse and he gave me a nice cuddle and just sat with me.

So am i counting right, Mom2one, Nessika, Milli, Patient being and myself are all going to cycle in the next few weeks again? Wow, its busy in here!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsOC, yes I start jabbing tml....AF is still quite slow in don't know what to think of it. I hope I didnt make the wrong choice jumping into another cycle straightaway but what the heck, I don't want to sit around and wait anymore!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mom2One, have you had a scan yet to see how many follicles you have? I had a long chat with FS on Monday and she explained the "empty follicles theory" she said that they really shouldnt call them empty follicles, or follicles at all, they should refer to them as "fluid sacs" i think she said and that that is what they measure and count when you are stimming and thats why even if you have say 14 "follicles" and you only get say 5 eggs its because they werent actually folliclesl (only follicles have eggs) iykwim. Anyway she said that they can count them to see what is there as it is pre determined when you start cycling how many sacs/follicles are there before you even start stimming that way you can see if its worth your while. I was mortified when she said that i would have a scan when i've got AF but she said, hey thats my job, dont worry about it. So maybe you can ask FS to do that for you before you start the jabs tomorrow, just to make sure you have the best chance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    M2O -

MrsOC - you should be a counsellor!! That business about the follicles makes more sense to me now. Before I started IVF they gave me a scan and told me that I only had 3 follicles on each ovary. Then when I started stimming they told me there were 14. At EPU they only got 5 eggs and out of those only 3 were mature. I think the whole 14 follicle business gave me a bit of a false sense of security and thats why I expected more eggs although they told me in the beginning that I would be unlikely to get more than 4 or 5.

Geez you really have to pump these Drs for info!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha yeah maybe one day

Update on babies, my BFF is currently in labour 3 weeks early, so excited for her!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsOC, yes the scan is called Antral follicle count which counts the # of follicles you have for that particular cycle. I have had that done in July to check my ovarian reserve and ovary volume and lining. But when I did my antagonist cycle in oct fn told me this scan is not part of the protocol. Some clinics do this scan some don't, mine doesn't do this scan before starting injections and I only had my scan somewhere day 8.

For this new cycle which I am starting jab tml, I have requested to have an early scan. Since it is out of the protocol fn says cost will come out of my pocket. Will cost 252 but we have reached safety net so I will pay 30+. Fewh!!! I think it is worth doing just to have peace of mind and know how things are from the beginning. My Af usually clears up by day 3 so it isn't going to be as . I did one before to confirm a miscarriage....was bleeding the pregnancy out...and the sonographer was squirming away when she the internal scan on me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, still hectic getting organised in our new home so have had no time to think about TTC which is a good thing. All is good though & I love our new home, we have been very blessed as always.

Thanks for all your kind words of support. Will try to catch up with everyone later. Linds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I just had to add my 5 cents worth on the fertiles flaunting their pregnancy's - my friend, I can't even call her BF anymore as she is so oblivious to my fertility struggles. She knew that I'd had 3 rounds of ivf this yr which had failed & of course she fell pg first try with 2nd child, came over to our home & was so excited about her 20 wk scan & telling me how they concieved another girl by having loads of sex & timing it correctly (is she trying to give me a tip?). I cried a lot after they left but AF was on her way making me more emotional. Anyway I know that other ppl don't mean to be hurtful just because they are fertile. I like to believe that there are more than enough babies to go around & that we are all going to get our precious bundles. 2012 is going to get off to a very joyful start - so many BFP's coming our way! I should be starting Synarel in 2wks which means EPU early Jan.

Take care to all beautiful ladies who are having a hard time right now