+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy 20 failed ivf cycles, 1 x failed donor cycle, desperately seeking another angel donor

Hi
    I am seeking someone who could give me the gift of life.

I have done 20 rounds of full ivf cycles.
    I have not been successful, or in getting any frosties.
    I have been on this IVF journey for 5 years now.
    Doing 20 full & sometimes back to back cycles has been extremely hard, both emotionally & physically, for me & my husband.

We had to step over that line & walk away from IVF with my own eggs. A lovely girlfiend put us in touch with an amazing, wonderful lady who said she would be our egg donor.

We have just done our 1st donor cycle with her & she produced 11 eggs, 4 were immature, they icsi 7, but only 2 fertilised, & we had 1 that continued on to blastocyst. Unfortunatley it didnt result in a positive pregnancy.
    On seeing out FS, he has told us that all of her eggs were poor quality & in his opinion we should find another donor. We are all completely devastated.

If someone is out there that would like to help us, pleeeese contact me.
    After 20 x cycles, & now a failed donor cycle, im feeling the lowest ive ever felt & cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel................

So here is my story

I have known my husband, Keefy, all my life, he was my brothers best mate from when they 1st went to school, so he has always been in my life. When I was 15yrs & Keefy was 18yrs we became childhood sweethearts but 3m later Keefy got called up to fight in the Falklands war. We wrote to each other, but unfortunately when he returned we sort of drifted our separate ways.
    Keefy eventually got married & had 3 children.
    I continued going from one relationship to another, concentrating on my career, & having a fun with my girlfriends.
    I eventually settled down with a guy when I was 30yrs, but although it never felt right I still bought a house with him & stayed together for 9yrs! Our final year wasn't very good, and unfortunately after a drunken night I fell pregnant. His first words to me were 'when are you going to see the doctor to get it sorted'. I had a termination, & altho i keep beating myself up over it now it was the right decision at the time.
    4m later we had split up & had the house on the market. I was then back out with my girlfriends & met up with my brother, & guess who he had with him......Keefy. It had been over 20yrs since I last saw him, & I'm afraid to say I didn't recognise him! Gone was the skinny boy with floppy hair, but standing before me was a much more rugged figure with no hair!
    We got on like a house on fire, but he told me he was emigrating in 4m. He was suppose to of gone 2m ago but had an accident on his eye which the doctor recommended he didn't fly for 6m.....fate, other wise we would never of met!
    I thought he fly off & id never see him again....wrong! He'd text, phone, email, everyday. So I came here for a holiday to see what Australia was like & he proposed! 5m later i was here, 7m later we were married on the anniversary of our engagement & on my dads 80th.
    Keefy had had a vasectomy & now had it reversed, but it still had a bit of a blockage so off down the IVF road we went.

At the end of the day I would love to hold our baby in my arms, but if my dream doesn't come true, I have the man of my dreams, my true love & a love that is so special it will hold us together for ever.
    Life is a little hard for me as I have no family here.
    Life can be a little lonely when your so far away from your family & friends in the UK. I have made some new wonderful friends here, but it would be so wonderful to have a family of my own.

So if you think you could help me fulfill my dream, please PM. I am ideally looking for someone in the Adelaide area, but I am quite happy to cover any travel expenses should you be living in another state. I have dark brown hair & brown eyes, medium hour glass figure, but at the end of the day the end result is what matters....a baby in my arms.

Thank you for taking the time to read my essay!

Waiting & hoping

Ice x
    Last edited by ice maiden; 13-11-2011 at 18:10. Reason: incorrect information

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hello ice after reading your story you both just remind me of my own story where i met my hubby at 15 and both love eacher more then every and we have had our share of heartbreak i do hope that you find to fulfill your dreams of baby in your arms. i wish it could be me to help you but iam in the same vote as you good luck jojo
    by the way i could be your friend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jo-anne
    Your story is very similar isnt it.
    It is just so sad when all we need to complete our loving family is a child.
    My husband is so, so supportive. But I find it extremely hard not having any children of my own. I have his son living with us, but he is 19yrs. I have enjoyed being a mum to him for the last 5yrs, but its just not the same.
    It is so hard trying to find a donor, I just hope & pray someone reads my thread & feels I deserve that chance to become a mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    so I have read all the info I can about donation but can someone point in the right directions regarding donating when you have bipolar disorder ,is it allowed? I've lloked everywhere and although I can't donate yet as I have not finished creating my own little family Its something Iwill look into in the future

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope You find a wonderful woman to help you with your dream of becoming a family. Apparently I'm to old to donate now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fi, thanks for responding to my thread. Im not sure about Bi-polar, but i will def look into it for you. I didnt think it was a carrier gene, but im not sure. This journey has been so difficult all along the way. I set up a support group at my Ferlitlity clinic, & ive watched ladies come & go, & even come back after having a child.....& im still there, still childless, its heartbreaking.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mad,
    Thanks heaps for posting on my thread. My FS told me that yes its good to try & find a donor who is in their 20's, but anyone who is upto 38yrs is ok - its all down to your amh & antrial follies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello I yes our story the simler and its a hard,sad,it breaks your heart,sprite person have come and gone on bH,AED and iam still here to childless too
    iam here cheering oto your way
    how long have you been search for she will come when you are not ready
    jojo

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello fichicken sorry i cant help you with your question it would be a good to speak with your GP or ring a ivf clinic with the question good luck

hi madjed yes some clinic like a woman 20-35 or 20-38 can i ask how old you are
    its up to how you feel good luck jojo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can i ask if you are a member on AED or are you on FB because if you are on FB iam a member of some ivf groups on the you can add me on FB if you like jojo