View Poll Results: Have you put your Christmas tree up yet?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

12 14.63%
  • No.

67 81.71%
  • I don't believe in Christmas.

0 0%
  • Other - there is always an other, even at Christmas

3 3.66%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ohh I forgot to say, i voted no, it will go up the first weekend in dec and come down on 6th jan, which is the tradition where i grew up. I HATE that chrissie decs come down so early in Oz!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't have a Christmas tree (well i have a 30cm one but not a proper sized one).
    I also have nowhere to put a Christmas tree and then there is the added dilemma of how would i keep my kids from playing with it.
    So depressing - i want a Christmas tree!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Nope! It doesn't go up until December..gets in the way and I get annoyed with it if I put it up any sooner!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No not yet. We always put it up in December sometime. MIL usually puts hers up in October, but hasn't yet this year.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Niki24 For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I voted other because I dont have a Christmas tree lol

I got so excited decorating it last year that I accidentally snapped it in half

So we are yet to buy one - will probably shop for it in the next few weeks...I want either a purple or black one and I want the decorations to be (for a purple tree): black, white & silver. Or for a black tree: purple, white & silver......Id been telling DF this for a whole year that its the themed I'd like and he was all for it.....until the other day when he was like "Oh but theres no green" (its his fav colour) and I was like "well I told you I didn't want a traditional tree any more" but he took it as "oh so you can have your favourite colour but I can't have mine"..........So now we havent yet decided what we're doing.

I was just so sick of having a crappy plain green tree with a gazillian multicoloured random decorations.....my entire life is messy cluttered chaos which *I* love but I just wanted a nice neat themed chrissy tree for our family... lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FloatingFairy For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i havnt taken my christmas tree down for about 4 years!! it just gets put in a cupboard, then gets brought out again the next year. saves decorating it, then pulling it all down then finding somewhere to put the decorations.
    not sure what to do this year though as DS will get into it (and the presents). if we had a playpen i would put that around it, might put it all in the portacot.
    what do others do to stop little kids getting into it?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mopoke For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mopoke we had an old playpen we put around ours.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No, not until december. I am in financial denial about Christmas. And I don't have a spare spot of floor for a christmas tree atm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is the first year I've had to worry about little one and the tree too as last year he was only 10 months and not at all interested in it.

This year is a different story. He's 20 months now and he thought the baubles were like his normal tennis ball and plastic ball that he likes to roll to me. So of course he went and took the bauble and rolled it over to me I put it back on the tree and told him, whenever he touched the tree or went to pull the baubles off "GENTLE" - did that a few times and he stopped trying to pull anything off. He just likes to sort of pat and gently feel the tree and tinsel etc.

He also seems to like sitting in front of it just looking up at it. I was going to put a playpen sort of fence around it but I don't think we'll need to now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No we wait till December.