View Poll Results: Have you put your Christmas tree up yet?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

12 14.63%
  • No.

67 81.71%
  • I don't believe in Christmas.

0 0%
  • Other - there is always an other, even at Christmas

3 3.66%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH doesn't let me until the 1st of December but I've sneakily put out a few christmas knick knacks & tea towels. I do it gradually so by the time he realises it's almost december. Haha. I can't wait!!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Bubhub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluest Blue Box For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We haven't put ours up yet, but I am counting down the days til we do! Will Probably put it up end of Nov/start of December....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to maplefern For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow we put ours up last week the longer the better it's our first Christmas with new bubba so we are very excited. Haven't had a Christmas tree up since I was a kid so loving it finally get to celebrate Xmas with my new family

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    I put ours up today which is late for me, usually I put it up on the 1st November without fail. All but a few presents are wrapped and under there.

So, have you? If not, when will yours be going up? I know most people have the whole 1st December tradition but that's way too late for my liking .

Poll to come.

Have you seen my FB page?

Ours went up WEEKS ago & peeps thinking im C R A Z Y

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TripleTime For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've started putting the christmas lights up outside. stated on sunday the 28/10. Have to buy a new tree this year, so old one is up outside in front porch already decorated just need to put lights on it. Love christmas, already strted listening to christmas carols yesterday day on computer. so I voted yes cos of one outside. Will be putting up new one inside with tinsel around the living room on 23/11 onwards cos we're having our chrissie/my/son's b'd party on that weekend.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Allycatshank For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not until 1st Dec

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    nope .. its Jack's birthday on the 13th of Nov .. and I think in a way it devalues his birthday if we start celebrating Christmas before that ... I will probably get the boys to put the tree up the weekend AFTER his birthday (purely for excitement purposes.. )

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Veve For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    1st weekend of December. Usually I refuse to buy any decorations until this time either- basically in protest to them selling them in store straight after Halloween! But DS REALLY wants to put lights up outside so we might go looking this weekend so we can put them up the same day the tree goes up. Just hope they don't get stolen!

I'm almost done my Christmas shopping though. Have about 5 people to go (all adults so the most difficult!).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMum View Post
    1st weekend of December. Usually I refuse to buy any decorations until this time either- basically in protest to them selling them in store straight after Halloween! But DS REALLY wants to put lights up outside so we might go looking this weekend so we can put them up the same day the tree goes up. Just hope they don't get stolen!

I'm almost done my Christmas shopping though. Have about 5 people to go (all adults so the most difficult!).
    They've been in our shops since the toy s ales

I also have to have a mass ive clean of the hous e (walls etc) before I put up Christmas stuff which s eems like too much at the moment lol s o I'll wait until we're on hols to clean then put them all up which is in a few weeks woohoo!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu56 View Post
    Up now? WITH presents under it? That would be torture!! Eyeballing those pressies for TWO MONTHS!!
    ^^^ this.Torture. And how would you keep the kids away???

Quote Originally Posted by Forkie View Post
    But I want to put mum and dad's up and I just sent mum a text asking if we could put it up on tuesday night and got a reply saying "are you effing serious?!" so I'm thinking that's a no.
    she's a subtle lady right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Emzy83 View Post
    Any ideas for when I do put it up to stop her opening presents or worse pulling the tree down on herself?
    i have two girls now 2.5 & 4. In past years we didn't put out any presents until christmas night, i got some christmas boxes from the $2 shop and they used those as toy storage under the tree, so we got the look and they got the usage And I put our 'good' decorations up high, bought some unbreakable jingle bells from the $2 shop and hung them down low. That was all they needed, just to be able to play with something on the tree. mind you i got soooooo sick of picking them up! You could also fill a bucket with stones and plant the tree in it, tie it down or something, if you are worried about it tipping over, but I just taught them 'pat pat gentle' any time they went near it, it was never a problem. is this your first christmas with Bub? What fun!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (11-11-2011)